Grand Slam Australian Open 2019

Who will win?

• Total voters
35, 35, 32, 32, 31. That's the expected max temp for the first 5 days. It's going to be a brutal first week at the open. For those playing during the day it's going to be about who can deal best with the heat.

Don't stress we know that Federer will get his precious night spot every single night...despite there being better matches. Actually hope they put the WTA match first, least that might be closer.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just looking at the AO draws, the prizemoney is specified at the top for every round. I don't recall seeing that before.

https://ausopen.com/draws

And there is no doubt the top players get paid too much. And yet they keep bleating on about the poor players at the bottom. Here's an idea, when the next pay rise comes through, allocate more at the bottom and less at the top.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unfortunately Serena will make the 4th round with her eyes closed, but should then lose to Halep. Best we can hope for.

Unfortunately Serena will make the 4th round with her eyes closed, but should then lose to Halep. Best we can hope for.

Watch Halep fold like nothing before...not to mention the fact Halep in her form will be lucky to reach round 4.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why the * has the AO sold out to Chinese alcohol AND given them naming rights to Show Court 2?

Is alcohol advertising even legal?

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Fingers crossed for the 4 Sydney finalists, all playing today Monday (Barty, Kvitova, De Minaur, Seppi). Sandgren & Norrie also happen to be playing today. Unlucky scheduling, but them the breaks.

Nadal watch today, interested to see how his body goes. RBA might be too tough for Murray as well.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Go Kevin Anderson I guess

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Wait? Vekic is seeded?

Man, you go holiday for like a month and you miss a lot.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Makarova got bagled. :O

Shadow of herself. Dart is a chance to get double bageled. Need a new match 9.

Are we just doing one thread this year, instead of day threads????

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Was going to ask about the threads. I prefer a day by day one

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
I've attended the outdoor day sessions in the first week before, but the weather forecast is too hot for my liking so I'm staying in.

I've purchased tickets for the night session at RLA for Sunday night. Didn't go to the AO last year due to other commitments so looking forward to it this year.

I think it's going to be a Djokovic v Federer final, with Djokovic prevailing.

Back