Position 2019 Defenders

I really don’t think the new kick in rule will make a difference. Let’s be honest, SC scoring is just made up 95% of the time.
Not in SC, kick-ins are already scored in SC but in RDT it may.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I really don’t think the new kick in rule will make a difference. Let’s be honest, SC scoring is just made up 95% of the time.
Yes but like last year in the ruck with Grundy and Gawn going 130+ they could well change the loading on how much a ruckmans influence is this year and hand it to the kick in players who start scoring chains or some s**t.

Anyone want to guess what their flavour will be this year...

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes but like last year in the ruck with Grundy and Gawn going 130+ they could well change the loading on how much a ruckmans influence is this year and hand it to the kick in players who start scoring chains or some s**t.

Anyone want to guess what their flavour will be this year...
Chocolate poo poos with a touch cosmopolitan.:rainbow:

Feerits Elf

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
St Kilda
83% of Sipercoachers would probably agree with you
Beer-Cheers.jpg

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes I am because I don’t trust Dew. I really think the state league players are break glass in case of emergency types. There’s a reason they’ve been overlooked.
If they're break glass in case of emergency types, then why did GC sign Corbett and Burgess to 4 year contracts last month?

When a club signs an early twenties KPP to a 4 year contract, the club wouldn't be intending for them to sit in the reserves. Both those guys will play and are great bench pick ups. Collins probably a good pick too.

Feerits Elf

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 28, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes I am because I don’t trust Dew. I really think the state league players are break glass in case of emergency types. There’s a reason they’ve been overlooked.
Yeah well, consider the glass broken. With the way GC are travelling it's a veritable Kristallnacht up there.

Which isn't all that surprising when you take into account the untrustworthy Dews running about :think:

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If they're break glass in case of emergency types, then why did GC sign Corbett and Burgess to 4 year contracts last month?

When a club signs an early twenties KPP to a 4 year contract, the club wouldn't be intending for them to sit in the reserves. Both those guys will play and are great bench pick ups. Collins probably a good pick too.
The application of sound logic ......but then on the flipside, if they were that good, why had they been overlooked in the National Draft .....it did seem strange to Contract them for so long ....they weren't exactly going anywhere

WCE Juddy was a thing of beauty.
Ahhh. Yes.

West Coast Judd is the best player I’ve seen in my footy life alongside Nick Riewoldt & Lenny Hayes (Started watching in 03) Just pure sex. That breakaway pace & acceleration :heart:

The application of sound logic ......but then on the flipside, if they were that good, why had they been overlooked in the National Draft .....it did seem strange to Contract them for so long ....they weren't exactly going anywhere
Probably because no one else wants to play for GC. Let’s be honest here.

Apr 26, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Players develop at different rates, plenty of players who weren’t good enough as 18 year olds have come on as late bloomers, been drafted and made very decent careers. Both of these guys also got selected before the draft and would have been drafted had GC not had access to them, ditto Collins.

You’d absolutely be expecting those guys to be figuring heavily in GC’s plan.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Players develop at different rates, plenty of players who weren’t good enough as 18 year olds have come on as late bloomers, been drafted and made very decent careers. Both of these guys also got selected before the draft and would have been drafted had GC not had access to them, ditto Collins.

You’d absolutely be expecting those guys to be figuring heavily in GC’s plan.
The problem is their only plan is to avoid a wood spooning

cfx_1

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2010
New Farm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aren't both those lads KPP? ......not sure KPP Rookies that were undrafted, really excite me (not)
Corbett is the one because he is more of a third tall at 190cm, has a role available to him and had Glandular Fever in his draft year. Burgess IMO was drafted purely to help their go home factor given he is from the same team as Izak Rankine along with the other 2 SA draftess. Watch in the JLT but Corbett is :fire::fire:

Back