Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The main thing though is that you regularly report and post some pics too. Did anyone stand out in the match practice the other day?
Darcy is performing quite well. Along with the new draftees. Roughy quite impressive, and Beams is all over the ground. Stevo being quite persistent with the ball. Otherwise pretty much on par with what you'd expect. The young players have also been standing up.

I made a little bet that you’d reply with those sentiments.
You never let me down.
Keep the self service going will never let you down either.

Sure bet.

Darcy is performing quite well. Along with the new draftees. Roughy quite impressive, and Beams is all over the ground. Stevo being quite persistent with the ball. Otherwise pretty much on par with what you'd expect. The young players have also been standing up.

Thanks. I went to a session and witnessed something similar. Love Stevo. I think he will keep getting better. Rough will play a role and we just need Moore to remain fit and he should surprise people.

What are you looking for in the reports?

I’d love commentary on the meaning behind the drills, how we’re attempting to transition the ball, what the focus of sessions seems to be, how we’re defending the ball movement, what’s different to last year etc. I don’t expect any of that to be covered in great detail and I’m not particularly interested in track form, which to me means little because everyone’s at different stages of their prep.

For me as someone that loves analysis reading the reports is great at keeping in the loop as much as listening to a match on the radio. Unfortunately it doesn’t quite match up to being there live. I also wouldn’t expect the guys providing reports to go out of their way looking at this stuff for posters like me when it definitely doesn’t cater for the masses.

The numbers on the track seem good which lifts the overall quality and as near as I can tell we haven’t had anyone pick up an injury that’s going to compromise their start to the season. All in all I’m thankful for the reports and we seem to be tracking well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks again (and to Jen). Can't say I can see the reference you mention above - which is the only reason I asked!

The ten minute detour meant I arrived just as the time trial was finishing. Jen told me that Phillips won by about 100m from Sidebottom and Max Lynch in third spot. Jen posted a video on twitter and from that I have these placings:
1. Phillips 6:07
2. Sidebottom 6:16
3. Lynch 6:17

The ten minute detour meant I arrived just as the time trial was finishing. Jen told me that Phillips won by about 100m from Sidebottom and Max Lynch in third spot. Jen posted a video on twitter and from that I have these placings:

You have link to that Tweet?

I asked who captured the times. As you highlight above Jen told you about the spacing between places and that she put up a video of the placing. Beside the point anyway, I was interested as to the accuracy of the timings which is why I asked about the times rather than the placings/footage. Don't worry about it dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back