Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

So, another case of don’t shoot the messenger...

Speaking to a Port Adelaide person of note the other day and he said the thing with Polec was that it was all in the head. Said he was a great player, when he had it together.

Now you can get the guns out...

Reading between the lines I gathered it was a reason why a longer contract wasn’t offered. They were rapt with last year but wanted to make sure he could keep it together year on year.

Now, when I add this with is dodgy foot it’s clear why only 3 years were offered.

The big question is, can our coaching panel keep him on track for another big year? Will go along way to helping us make top 4.

This sounds remarkably similar to what the Dogs supporters said about Higgins when we picked him up as a free agent.....and we all know how that turned out.

Polec is maturing every year, he’ll have extra support in our midfield as well, with Higgins, Hall & Cunners in there.

He’ll kill it next year. Book mark it.

This sounds remarkably similar to what the Dogs supporters said about Higgins when we picked him up as a free agent.....and we all know how that turned out.

Polec is maturing every year, he’ll have extra support in our midfield as well, with Higgins, Hall & Cunners in there.

Agreed, he's the next Higgo.

I reckon AA squad is very doable for Jared.

We really shouldn’t judge a person off of a short interview, but we do anyway so I’ll go ahead and do it now...

When you saw him interviewed next to Pittard when they were first introduced by the club after the trade period, he didn’t come across as the ‘sharpest tool in the shed’. Dare I say, rather Basti like in his sharpness?... Pittard came across incredibly well BTW - very articulate.

In saying that, it seems most players say they enjoy playing under Brad and he seems to get the best out of players, even those that were maligned at other clubs.

Marley and Waite are prime examples of ‘troubled’ players that have had issues at other clubs, come across and thrived in the Nth team environment. It’s a credit to the culture of the club and ability of the coach to connect with players. Here’s hoping the same applies in this instance.

Saw Polec at training before Christmas. Alls I can say is that it is nice to watch a ball kicked into the forward line, assume it was Higgins who kicked it, then be pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

Saw Polec at training before Christmas. Alls I can say is that it is nice to watch a ball kicked into the forward line, assume it was Higgins who kicked it, then be pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.
First thought: "but Higgins isn't a left footer ..."
Second thought: "yeah you're right, Higgo on his left is still a better kick than half the list :huh:"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really shouldn’t judge a person off of a short interview, but we do anyway so I’ll go ahead and do it now...

When you saw him interviewed next to Pittard when they were first introduced by the club after the trade period, he didn’t come across as the ‘sharpest tool in the shed’. Dare I say, rather Basti like in his sharpness?... Pittard came across incredibly well BTW - very articulate.

In saying that, it seems most players say they enjoy playing under Brad and he seems to get the best out of players, even those that were maligned at other clubs.

Marley and Waite are prime examples of ‘troubled’ players that have had issues at other clubs, come across and thrived in the Nth team environment. It’s a credit to the culture of the club and ability of the coach to connect with players. Here’s hoping the same applies in this instance.
Waite was a troubled player at the Blues? He had is best 11 game season there. I think people forget how good he was, just injury prone...which of course continued with us.
Some Port supporters are so salty

Wasn't a "supporter". Was an inner scrot type, along the lines of an epididymis.

They’ll need to add more salt when they figure out we got Pittard for peanuts.

A lot of Port supporters were stoked they only had to give up Polec to get rid of Pittard!

Next year being this year ? I dont wanna be waiting another 12 months ;)

Waite was a troubled player at the Blues? He had is best 11 game season there. I think people forget how good he was, just injury prone...

I think he was suspended once at Nth, maybe 11 times at Carlton? An indication he was troubled.

He himself stated:
I’ve averaged nearly three goals a game while I’ve been (at North), so I can’t really do much more than what I have.

“Yeah obviously a few issues when I was younger, but there was other things going on behind doors”

So yeah. He was suspended less, kicked more goals on average at Nth and said he had issues when younger at his previous club.

Indicates he bought into he Nth culture and we got he beat out of him. He was a Nth man when he retired. Very thankful for the influence of ‘brain dead Brad and clearly stated he was the best coach he ever had and the only one who ‘got him’ (if I remember correctly from his retirement press conference).

He was clearly better performed defensively and more team oriented too.

I think he was suspended once at Nth, maybe 11 times at Carlton? An indication he was troubled.

He himself stated:
I’ve averaged nearly three goals a game while I’ve been (at North), so I can’t really do much more than what I have.

“Yeah obviously a few issues when I was younger, but there was other things going on behind doors”

So yeah. He was suspended less, kicked more goals on average at Nth and said he had issues when younger at his previous club.

Indicates he bought into he Nth culture and we got he beat out of him. He was a Nth man when he retired. Very thankful for the influence of ‘brain dead Brad and clearly stated he was the best coach he ever had and the only one who ‘got him’ (if I remember correctly from his retirement press conference).

A lot of past and present players seem to say that about Brad. Shame a few uneducated people do not see just how switched on Brad is with the players on and off the field.

A lot of past and present players seem to say that about Brad. Shame a few uneducated people do not see just how switched on Brad is with the players on and off the field.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel going after the Coach; maybe eventually the whole competition (after Figjams 2018 turn around) that the performance of a Club is holistic rather than down to one individual

Just got super excited all of a sudden thinking of how good our midfield might look this year compared to previous!

He himself stated:

Playing close to the line doesn't mean he was troubled. As for buying into the North Culture...yeah, all our players are model citizens! No one is troubled at all. Spank my arse and * me dead. And didn't Waite spend good chunks of time in defense at Carlton?

And as for talking up the coach when retiring, as if anyone would burn a bridge and sledge the coach on the way out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back