The Sydney Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve just taken my kids up there for a couple of weeks to check it out. Like all cities it’s a shithole but Bondi beach was brilliant! The view from the tower was really good as well.

It’s a great city . Many beaches close in. Ferry to Manly etc. But the traffic. Got to pick and choose ur moments when you do something but it’s a vital international city. Maroubra beach for me . Especially northern side . Still parkable .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Month or so?! How long you there for? I assume you're travelling to other places??
In Thailand? Probably at least for another month. I'll try stay in the same place for most of it I think, just hanging out and taking it easy. I have a flight back home 1st March so will just fill in gap with travelling around other countries within the vicinity.

In Thailand? Probably at least for another month. I'll try stay in the same place for most of it I think, just hanging out and taking it easy. I have a flight back home 1st March so will just fill in gap with travelling around other countries within the vicinity.

That sounds awesome- just winging it. Have a great time- and be safe- you dont wanna wind up on that Embassy show ;)

Why on earth you'd stick an amusement park that was meant to attract tourists 45 klicks from the coast has got me ****ed.
Wet 'n wild is about 5 klicks back towards the coast but has the same issue.

Went there a few times when i first lived in Sydney , last time was 1991 , saw the rock 'n roll wrestling ( Mr wonderful Paul Orndorff - Kamala the ugandan giant the most notable )

Yeah when I think of NSW/Sydney, I do not think of Amusement parks. Gold Coast has that nicely covered .

There was talk of us getting one- down near the Werribee Zoo park precinct, would have had an animal slant on it, similar to Animal Kingdom i suppose. But they kicked up a stink about animals being effected. Im glad it never happened the traffic down there would be a million times worse if they built it.

Why on earth you'd stick an amusement park that was meant to attract tourists 45 klicks from the coast has got me ******.
Wet 'n wild is about 5 klicks back towards the coast but has the same issue.

Went there a few times when i first lived in Sydney , last time was 1991 , saw the rock 'n roll wrestling ( Mr wonderful Paul Orndorff - Kamala the ugandan giant the most notable )

Australia's Wonderland was never about tourism. It was located where it was to attract locals, particularly from the western suburbs. It was successful for years until it was bought by Asian asset strippers with the intention of selling the land for business use when the M7 was being built.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Australia's Wonderland was never about tourism. It was located where it was to attract locals, particularly from the western suburbs. It was successful for years until it was bought by Asian asset strippers with the intention of selling the land for business use when the M7 was being built.
Loved it. My teen years were spent there with the good ol 5 dollars after 5 in summer.

Gave families plenty to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back