Politics Violence against Nazis, acceptable?

Remove this Banner Ad

His point was, why arent you running around in the bush, converting to the Dreamtime stories, speaking a native language and playing the Didgereedoo?

It's always hillarious to see non Aboriginal Autralians sooking about other people 'coming here' and not conforming to the local norms. They then invariably argue that those people from overseas should piss off home.

Aboriginal Australians are looking on going 'Come again?'

That the total hypocricy of such view is lost on the Right wingers that express these views never ceases to amaze me.
Holy false equivalence, Batman.

What on Earth is the point of this? These arguments across completely different centuries are so irrevocably stupid that they make no one but the claimant look simple.

His point was, why arent you running around in the bush, converting to the Dreamtime stories, speaking a native language and playing the Didgereedoo?

It's always hillarious to see non Aboriginal Autralians sooking about other people 'coming here' and not conforming to the local norms. They then invariably argue that those people from overseas should piss off home.

Aboriginal Australians are looking on going 'Come again?'

That the total hypocricy of such view is lost on the Right wingers that express these views never ceases to amaze me.
Isn’t that the crux of the argument though. You either conquer or be conquered. Kto, kovo?

Last edited:
Isn’t that the crux of the argument though. You either conquer or be conquer. Kto, kovo?

It's a fact when it comes to humans armed with superior technology.

I don't get all the "guilt" s**t associated with the issue.

I do get the responsibility aspect.

The mix of migrants to Australia has long surpassed just being white.
The world views Australia as a "white" nation regardless of the mix of migrants that have come to Australia. Nice to see you completely missing the point. Australia was settled by the British who basically invaded this country and then proceeded to send the dregs of their society to Australia as punishment. For stealing a loaf of bread or for stealing a handkerchief.

It wasn't until the 60s when Aboriginals were taken off the flora and fauna listing and were actually acknowledged as being citizens of Australia, before then they were considered animals. This is despite them being the original occupants of the country and having fought for Australia in 2 world wars (approx 1000-1300 served in WWI and approx 3000 in WWII).

If you emigrate here you are a migrant. What you do after that doesnt change the fact you were a migrant.

Some migrants dont like it here and return to their country of origin or somewhere else.

Some migrants never fully integrate. What their children do doesnt discount that they didnt integrate

Not sure why you find such things controversial
What does it mean to “integrate”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't until the 60s when Aboriginals were taken off the flora and fauna listing and were actually acknowledged as being citizens of Australia, before then they were considered animals. This is despite them being the original occupants of the country and having fought for Australia in 2 world wars (approx 1000-1300 served in WWI and approx 3000 in WWII).

Fact check: Were Indigenous Australians classified under a flora and fauna act until the 1967 referendum?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-20/fact-check-flora-and-fauna-1967-referendum/9550650

So how can you point to someone and say they haven’t integrated?
Not being able to give a fixed definition for integrating doesnt mean i cant identify people who arent able to integrate to their surroundings.

The most obvious example of people who are unable to integrate are those who choose to return to their original country after a short period of years.

What originally came to mind was migrants from the uk in the last 30 years who returned home because Australia wasnt to their liking.

The world views Australia as a "white" nation regardless of the mix of migrants that have come to Australia. Nice to see you completely missing the point. Australia was settled by the British who basically invaded this country and then proceeded to send the dregs of their society to Australia as punishment. For stealing a loaf of bread or for stealing a handkerchief.

Times have moved on mate.
I tend to focus on recent history and what is happenig now for this type of discussion
.. not worrying about some plonker who stole a loaf of bread 200 years ago

Not being able to give a fixed definition for integrating doesnt mean i cant identify people who arent able to integrate to their surroundings.

The most obvious example of people who are unable to integrate are those who choose to return to their original country after a short period of years.

What originally came to mind was migrants from the uk in the last 30 years who returned home because Australia wasnt to their liking.

Throw him a cliche! Be generous.

You know when people talk about “not integrating” they’re not talking about a family from Pakenham Upper going back to Victoria because they can’t stand the humidity in Brisbane.

I'd say no. If it's acceptable to punch a Nazi, it would be, by logic, acceptable to punch anyone you disagree with as long as you believe them to be a 'nazi', and we know how airy that word is thrown around nowadays.

But ignoring the moral implications of resorting to violence to silence speech, what good would it do? Nazis and their ideology is easy to debunk so what is the need to punch them? Just destroy their arguments and move on. By punching them (first), you make them out to be martyrs, drawing more sympathy to their cause.

This is why I cringe when I hear about left-wing counter protesters instigate violence against their political opponents. Nazis or not, why not just debate them if you think your viewpoint is superior, it's not that hard to do.

'Punching a Nazi' as the phrase is put, would ironically be the very thing Hitler and the reals Nazis practiced and promoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back