Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
HIGHLIGHT
Captain Cotch's call to honour grieving mates

A CALL from Richmond captain Trent Cotchin was the catalyst that will see all players in AFL Finals this weekend pay tribute to the loss suffered by two of the game's stars.

All players in action in the first week of the finals will wear two black armbands.

Players will be acknowledging the memory of Margaret Varcoe, sister of Travis Varcoe and Leo Sloane, baby son of Rory Sloane.

League chief Gillon McLachlan said the entire AFL industry's thoughts were with the two families after their tragic losses.

cotch.jpg

“Some things go so far above this game we play and everything that goes with it,” McLachlan said.

AFLPA boss Paul Marsh said Cotchin instigated the move.

“Rory and Travis are two very popular members of the playing group and this gesture, albeit small, shows the level of respect players from across the competition have for each other,” Marsh said.

“I would like to also acknowledge Trent Cotchin who instigated this action.

"He contacted Gillon and I on Friday to float the idea and ask whether we could organise the players and clubs.

“Our thoughts continue to be with Rory and Travis and we’re here to support them now and into the future.”
*. Cotch keeps getting better. He is entering rarified space down at tigerland. Great player, leader, person. He is our Nick Riewoldt, our Michael Tuck. Statue please!

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
nothing

they just cant play for richmond mens team .

imagine if all the girls were boys, we would 7 of the offspring of richo cotch and lids to choose from.

would have to start knocking em back

Relax, Lids’ kids will avoid AFL and study zoology due to their frequent exposure to Tooronga Park Zoo every time RFC win another premiership.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
nothing

they just cant play for richmond mens team .

imagine if all the girls were boys, we would 7 of the offspring of richo cotch and lids to choose from.

would have to start knocking em back
I'd rather have Cotchins girls playing AFL than Silvagni's boys

ShiningTiger

????????????
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
No I say empathetically NO...NO...NO...comparisons of players past and present is the staple of long suffering supporters and afficinadoes of the this great AFL game...

Old grey haired tiger supporters supporters like myself who have seen the best paraded AFL players in the last fifty years thrive on comparing these great champions...

And I will say it now...mark my words...on this board that Trent Cotchin will win a Brownlow and be Captain of a Premiership side before I meet my maker....

Absolutely one of the great AFlL players in the past 50 years...and I am including Royce Hart...Wayne Carey...Leigh Matthews...SOS... here...

I love you Richo...even Juddy and Ablett...young and old...but this kid Cotchin is the next 'GOD'....Clapton/Bluesbreakers excluded...

The best thing that has happened to The Richmond Football Club since 1967...

Forgive me Matty Knights...:thumbsu:...
Quite prophetic there Jaklaughing!!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
No I say empathetically NO...NO...NO...comparisons of players past and present is the staple of long suffering supporters and afficinadoes of the this great AFL game...

Old grey haired tiger supporters supporters like myself who have seen the best paraded AFL players in the last fifty years thrive on comparing these great champions...

And I will say it now...mark my words...on this board that Trent Cotchin will win a Brownlow and be Captain of a Premiership side before I meet my maker....

Absolutely one of the great AFlL players in the past 50 years...and I am including Royce Hart...Wayne Carey...Leigh Matthews...SOS... here...

I love you Richo...even Juddy and Ablett...young and old...but this kid Cotchin is the next 'GOD'....Clapton/Bluesbreakers excluded...

The best thing that has happened to The Richmond Football Club since 1967...

Forgive me Matty Knights...:thumbsu:...
Wasn't too far off the mark for an old grey haired bastard!
May 27th 2012...

Last edited:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Anyone have any idea why Cotchin averaged just 76 minutes game time last yr. I was really surprised when i read that stat.
It's a long long physically punishing footy season...
I would say it's about making sure the chimp is firing at the pointy end.. hence the new bub! 😉😏

Back