Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that another way of saying, "I'm not very good at this drafting game"?
Nothing to brag about, but it's OK I guess :)

Too early to make any such calls on Stocker because not many of us would have seen much of him, but clearly some people that did rated him.
So much talk, so little real knowledge.

Yup a little early Harker your right, but gee this kid is another safe bet a wonderful footballer of what I’ve read and heard.
Silvagni, Agresta and Brodie know what they’re doing, the open wide smiles on all their faces in the situation room draft night said it all, mission accomplished.

Yup a little early Harker your right, but gee this kid is another safe bet a wonderful footballer of what I’ve read and heard.

If Stoker is wonderful, wouldnt someone have taken him in the 20 odd picks before Carlton traded for the Crows pick

Silvagni, Agresta and Brodie know what they’re doing, the open wide smiles on all their faces in the situation room draft night said it all, mission accomplished.

SOS and friends being smiley isnt the greatest evidence

Last edited:
Compare Cal's opinion of Smith to Dangerfields opinion of Walsh

"I wouldn't be handing (pick one) over for anything," Dangerfield said on SEN's Time On.

"He will lead a football club at some stage, I believe. So I'd be doing everything I possibly could to secure him."

"He spent a week at our footy club through that AFL academy and he wouldn't have looked out of place playing AFL footy this year."

https://m.qt.com.au/news/sam-walsh-among-top-prospects-at-this-years-afl-dr/3578240/

Sam has been training well so and has been doing runs with Ed's group. Havent hit the heavy stuff just yet but at this stage Walsh is looking at playing a large part of the season to a high level.

Did you even read my post?
Cal's opinion has nothing to do with what I said. He reported that some club recruiters were considering Smith in contention for the number 1 pick. Something Carlton supporters in this thread seem to be afraid of acknowledging.

Not sure what Danger's opinion on Walsh has to do with it?

I think you'll find a fair few of the draftees have been "training well" and are showing they are elite runners like Walsh is.

Cal's opinion has nothing to do with what I said. He reported that some club recruiters were considering Smith in contention for the number 1 pick. Something Carlton supporters in this thread seem to be afraid of acknowledging.

I think you'll find a fair few of the draftees have been "training well" and are showing they are elite runners like Walsh is.

Without providing a direct quote or even naming the clubs or state its hard to lend much credence to an off the cuff remark.

Dangers opinion counts as he was significantly impressed with his training ethos and display. I reckon he's been around long enough on club lists to recognize who relies on natural talent and who works hard to hone it.

Without providing a direct quote or even naming the clubs or state its hard to lend much credence to an off the cuff remark.

Dangers opinion counts as he was significantly impressed with his training ethos and display. I reckon he's been around long enough on club lists to recognize who relies on natural talent and who works hard to hone it.

All your doing is showing how ignorant you are. Would sources tell Cal anything if he then named them or directly quoted them later?

What did you expect Danger to say about Walsh? What if he trained with Rankine or Smith for a week? What would he have to say about them?

Whats so wrong about recognising that some clubs rated Walsh and Smith similarly before Smith got injured?

All your doing is showing how ignorant you are. Would sources tell Cal anything if he then named them or directly quoted them later?

What did you expect Danger to say about Walsh? What if he trained with Rankine or Smith for a week? What would he have to say about them?

Whats so wrong about recognising that some clubs rated Walsh and Smith similarly before Smith got injured?

Uggh. Youre going to make me multiquote. Ffs.

There is zero harm (read: zero) to a source if he names a club who doesnt have the number 1 pick as rating Smith as the number one pick. Everyone knew how keen Saints were on M King. They dont believe they "settled" when they recruited him.

He didnt have to say anything.

Which clubs were those? None that you can right. Right. So hearsay and conjecture. Fantastic basis for an argument you have there.

If Stoker is wonderful, wouldnt someone have taken him in the 20 odd picks before Carlton traded for the Crows pick
Hahahah you're kidding right?

You should probably leave BigFooty mate, with dumb s**t like this you can't and won't ever be taken seriously.

How many examples of champion players sliding do you want so we can all highlight how stupid this statement is?

Hahahah you're kidding right?

You should probably leave BigFooty mate, with dumb s**t like this you can't and won't ever be taken seriously.

How many examples of champion players sliding do you want so we can all highlight how stupid this statement is?
The players are all level pegging now. Their draft position won’t win teams any games. Could be a gun, could be a dud, the same as the other 100 players.

Don’t bother.

Sometimes you just have to learn to ignore certain posters when they chime in on certain topics.

GWS and Carlton could share the next 10 flags and poor Buzz would still find a way to be critical of Silvagni.

I hear SOS’ choice of pets is questionable and his taste in music leaves a lot to be desired.
If you want to troll, take it to the bay, mod.

Lol...some muppets opinion. That’s all it is.
One is paid for his opinion, and puts hundreds of hours into research and report writing each year, while you take cheap shots from your keyboard, can't be bothered putting a proper sentence together and have the audacity to act like a tool and then call other people a muppet? Take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror my friend :thumbsu:

One is paid for his opinion, and puts hundreds of hours into research and report writing each year, while you take cheap shots from your keyboard, can't be bothered putting a proper sentence together and have the audacity to act like a tool and then call other people a muppet? Take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror my friend :thumbsu:

He's spot on actually. Knightmare's history of spotting talent in his power rankings is abysmal. Yes he puts in hours and gives a lot of his time to BigFooty. But before you bend the knee to him because he is "getting paid" to put up a few mock drafts, perhaps go and investigate his track record. I think it is, in fact you, who should take the good hard look in the mirror.

Internet "experts" are found in every industry across the world. I'm yet to stumble across one worth subscribing to. The fact that you are buying into this particular "expert" tells us everything we need to know about your intelligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to troll, take it to the bay, mod.

That’s exactly the point.

You’ve once again added nothing to the discussion.

The anti-Silvagni agenda might’ve been good for a laugh at first but now your very obvious trolling is nothing short of pathetic.

Time to take the trash out. Either start contributing to the discussion or find somewhere else to post.

Yeah...a muppet. Capiche?

Don’t give a s**t if he gets paid...Sam Newman gets paid - still a muppet!
And that’s one of many that work within the AFL media.

Dunno why you’re telling me to take a hard look at myself hypocrite.

In regards to what’s being discussed, I honestly don’t care who was rated what...I just care about who my club acquire. And i’ll Be holding judgement until the kid gets a chance at it.
The rest of this huffing and puffing over player ratings, pick places, draft numbers blah blah blah is futile.

Not kicking anybody here but just wanted to say

99% of posters on this forum would not watch 1% of the junior football Knightmare watches and he writes about it both here and on ESPN
How many of us would love to get paid to do what he does and his knowledge and information is priceless to this forum.

We have been lucky to have people like KM & Bishop around these parts and to plot them without proving anything our self is just silly

Not kicking anybody here but just wanted to say

99% of posters on this forum would not watch 1% of the junior football Knightmare watches and he writes about it both here and on ESPN
How many of us would love to get paid to do what he does and his knowledge and information is priceless to this forum.

We have been lucky to have people like KM & Bishop around these parts and to plot them without proving anything our self is just silly
Thank you for summarising my point fat better than I could. It's easy for some of these trolls to throw barbs from the cheap seats without actually contributing anything themselves, but it's just sad to see a guy who puts so much effort into something getting potted by a couple of clowns who have contributed absolutely nothing themselves.

Thank you for summarising my point fat better than I could. It's easy for some of these trolls to throw barbs from the cheap seats without actually contributing anything themselves, but it's just sad to see a guy who puts so much effort into something getting potted by a couple of clowns who have contributed absolutely nothing themselves.

I admire the work KM puts in, his write ups are detailed and generally measured, although his rankings are not always accurate. As THE_GUN mentioned Bishop was also very good and I rate him as the best I have seen around these parts, yet, from my understanding, none are working directly for any club.

On the other hand, there are many people that take in hours of junior football, that are no less knowledgeable, despite not detailing their analysis

As for trolling, rich coming from you, point in case

"That doesn't say much when the likes of Wayne Hughes and Stephen Silvagni have been employed in AFL recruitment circles for more than ten years....."

Yeah...a muppet. Capiche?

Don’t give a s**t if he gets paid...Sam Newman gets paid - still a muppet!
And that’s one of many that work within the AFL media.

Dunno why you’re telling me to take a hard look at myself hypocrite.

In regards to what’s being discussed, I honestly don’t care who was rated what...I just care about who my club acquire. And i’ll Be holding judgement until the kid gets a chance at it.
The rest of this huffing and puffing over player ratings, pick places, draft numbers blah blah blah is futile.

SOS gets paid - still a muppet.
Guess you're right.

What exactly does that mean though?
'Some clubs' may have had Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, MKing, Smith, BKing etc in contention for #1.
Maybe they had up to a dozen players in contention and then it's only some clubs.

What I found most interesting is when Walsh's peers were asked as to who should go #1, the overwhelming opinion was for Walsh.
I do mean overwhelming. Not going to look for the article, but I think that says a lot.

What exactly does that mean though?
'Some clubs' may have had Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, MKing, Smith, BKing etc in contention for #1.
Maybe they had up to a dozen players in contention and then it's only some clubs.

What I found most interesting is when Walsh's peers were asked as to who should go #1, the overwhelming opinion was for Walsh.
I do mean overwhelming. Not going to look for the article, but I think that says a lot.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/bb058bfc8fd80e759df727e09b4d8335

Cheers Arr0w

And not one Smith in the 30 players asked. Not a Stocker either, to be fair.
I feel that Smith may not necessarily be the most popular amongst his peers though.
Was mentioned as the one that spends a fair bit of time in front of the mirror. :)

Knightmare is fine. Knows he gets things wrong at times, but who doesn't?
At least he admits when he's made an error. Not an error in judgement as that's subjective, but just an error in the way he may go about things.

Cheers Arr0w

And not one Smith in the 30 players asked. Not a Stocker either, to be fair.
I feel that Smith may not necessarily be the most popular amongst his peers though.
Was mentioned as the one that spends a fair bit of time in front of the mirror. :)

Knightmare is fine. Knows he gets things wrong at times, but who doesn't?
At least he admits when he's made an error. Not an error in judgement as that's subjective, but just an error in the way he may go about things.

You already know my thoughts on Smith, who I rated best midfielder in the draft. I also had Lukosius, Blakey, B. King and Caldwell ahead of Walsh.

Although, Walsh is the safest 200+ gamer I have seen in some time. Perhaps ratings should also include longevity at high standards

Edit: I had Stocker rated at 16

in support of your comments, here is an article from the Australian that discussed Izak Rankine. Malcolm Blight rates him as the best of the lot and Sheehan thinks he would have gone top 5 as a 17 year old..he is fiery no doubt, but as for talent, he stands out above all others in the draft this year. Walsh appears to be a guy that is consistent (consistently good at getting the ball) and has leadership qualities - as safe bet as a player but with a potential ceiling well below Rankine

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...t/news-story/5db2a12c86329a017c979c731b373b5d

here is another endorsing Rankine from Brenton Phillips - SA U18 coach

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...prxhF9sL22sJuDsbKO7vFpTHCYXVPD4Z1A7axrop_96Rk

I would have preferred to take Rankine first, but in saying that I think I may have underestimated the amount of X-factor Walsh has, and also under-projected his ceiling. From seeing training videos, he’s got more ‘silk’ than I expected.

It’s nice balance with him and Stocker: Walsh an outside mid capable on the inside, and Stocker an inside mid capable on the outside.

Will be interesting to see how well Walsh fares in comparison to Smith over their careers. Caldwell is another who dropped due to injury but could have also gone in the top few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back