Documentary about Collingwood's 2018 Campaign

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...9Q4yb6J45LY5ye6joRyktqIAkQbbHBCwmqqdi71__ZHA0

Use outline.com to access the article.

For me 2018 was a special year to be a Collingwood supporter. I hope this documentary is able to capture that feeling. It was almost like 2018 was the year our club got its soul back. Of course the documentary won't be able to cut off at quarter time in the Grand Final. But I hope the filmmaker doesn't focus too much on the Grand Final result and subsequent tears. For me the story of our 2018 campaign was a club remembering what it meant to be sporting club.

Here is what the Herald Sun says it will cover.

In particular, the warts-and-all documentary explores the ways Buckley, facing a make-or-break-year, and his troops defied the searing pressure to perform after a turbulent 2017.
The film includes how the Pies rebuilt the club culture and coped with significant personal challenges throughout the year.

The documentary also focuses on several star players and their unexpected struggles.
They include Jordan De Goey’s club-imposed suspension, Sam Murray’s drug ban, the tragic passing of Travis Varcoe’s sister, Maggie, and Jamie Elliott and Daniel Wells’ year-long injury struggles.

The vision is being edited and is expected to be ready for release in time for the start of the 2019 AFL season.

Looking forward to watching this when its released.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting, but when exactly did it start filming? After we made finals? After the GF? Hard to think the market is there for a documentary about the Pies if we had yet another season of finishing in the middle of the ladder.

I also wonder just how powerful/compelling this will be considering we didn't go on to win the premiership.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Interesting, but when exactly did it start filming? After we made finals? After the GF? Hard to think the market is there for a documentary about the Pies if we had yet another season of finishing in the middle of the ladder.

I also wonder just how powerful/compelling this will be considering we didn't go on to win the premiership.

It’s Collingwood
The one team where there is a market!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

vicparksfinest

Senior List
Mar 31, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn't be surprised if teams are filming throughout the whole year IN CASE a suprise premiership comes about, the doggies weren't seen as certainties yet they have a doco from day dot of that season so to the tiges.
Will be interesting to see because albeit the result, was amazing season of football from the boys.

I wouldn't be surprised if teams are filming throughout the whole year IN CASE a suprise premiership comes about, the doggies weren't seen as certainties yet they have a doco from day dot of that season so to the tiges.
Will be interesting to see because albeit the result, was amazing season of football from the boys.

They do more of this Instead of having Vids during the Season it seems.

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking forward to this. Also be going to watch the open training on Wed am on the Gold Coast.

I watch it up to the GF but Turn Off for that
As Bucks says : Don't be afraid of the hurt. Channel it for the next season.
And if you feel down, you can always watch the PF against Richmond again to lift the spirits.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
How can it be viewed? Hopefully it’s on Netflix or the Pies website or something. If it’s only on DVD then I probably won’t watch it.

Reckon people need to stop hiding from the grand final - it was a grouse match and remains a celebration of an inspiring 2018 campaign regardless of the final result.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
How can it be viewed? Hopefully it’s on Netflix or the Pies website or something. If it’s only on DVD then I probably won’t watch it.

Reckon people need to stop hiding from the grand final - it was a grouse match and remains a celebration of an inspiring 2018 campaign regardless of the final result.
The Herald Sun said it will be on the AFL website and the filmmaker is in talks with broadcasters.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well not for you.

Fair enough.

But for me, it sure is.

:)
I work at the races, that's enough for me. I view Cox Plate as a day to get through because it's one long day. But I can understand those that love it. Or punt on it. Or both.

Cricket i've gotten used to the last few years and serves as a gap between footy season. Tennis is way too quiet and boring for me.

obleex

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Personally I can't even bring myself to keep up with pre-season reports, let alone watch a documentary on last season.

Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Back