Mid-Price Madness....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else interested in Taranto? He basically fits everything that points to a breakout season. He'd be locked if he was a forward. Tough to justify as a mid when its not that much more for Merrett, Dusty and Matt Crouch

James Worpel is tempting me as a fwd with Tmitch being out. If 2nd year blues don't get him I can see a 85/90ave being very realistic.

Just under 400k for a kid that's only played 9 games tho.

Edit: actually 11 games, but in his 2 finals he only scored 37 and 54.

Anyone else interested in Taranto? He basically fits everything that points to a breakout season. He'd be locked if he was a forward. Tough to justify as a mid when its not that much more for Merrett, Dusty and Matt Crouch
Not as a mid only. Hard to see him go 110+ with Kelly, Coniglio, Ward, Whitfield, Greene, Williams and whoever plays no. 1 ruck getting bulk points. As you say if a fwd then yeah. As you also said Dusty, Merrett and Crouch around the same price.

MID only kills it for me. At 480k, I'd be tempted to take a punt up front but for less you have Libba/BCrouch and for a tad more you get the ZMerrett/MCrouch types.

Just under 400k for a kid that's only played 9 games tho.

Edit: actually 11 games, but in his 2 finals he only scored 37 and 54.

Agree it's a lot of cash to spend on someone who is unproven. Things just seem to be lining up well for him. Don't think I have the balls to pick him, but if he does turn out to be another Oliver you heard it here first.:moustache::moustache:

Agree it's a lot of cash to spend on someone who is unproven. Things just seem to be lining up well for him. Don't think I have the balls to pick him, but if he does turn out to be another Oliver you heard it here first.:moustache::moustache:

And if he turns out to be another Newnes??

For every Clayton Oliver there's a dozen LDUs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James only has 999 to go then. 🤣
I did love me some Lenny. If Worps ends up anywhere near Lenny's career then I will be a happy man.:moustache:
In all seriousness though, our best player has just gone down for the year, us Hawks are trying to look at things from the half full point of view.:thumbsu:
Fair enough brother.

Do you think Chad will play more mid then fwd?

Fair enough brother.

Do you think Chad will play more mid then fwd?
Hawks pick out players they see are not being utilised as well as they could be in their current team, and set them a specific role.
I think they see Wingard as the cream, the finisher, the bit of class that was lacking when the whips were cracking during finals.
I got the feeling last year that Clarko was building a new gameplan based on the chaos ball played by other teams. A tempo version of it based on location on the field and then locking the ball into the fwd line. A player like Wingard becomes very dangerous then, with our other pressure fwds.
While I do think he will rotate through the middle, I don't think he was recruited to play midfield. I see the Hawks lean other ways to replace Tmitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back