Current 13 yo Jayme Closs abducted after her parents were murdered - Found alive

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Wanted to take her after randomly seeing her getting aboard her school bus. Got her on his 3rd attempt to kidnap her.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-cl...seeing-her-get-on-a-school-bus-complaint-says

All the poor child did was catch a bus and was stalked for about 3 weeks unknowingly. Her parents were murdered, she was kidnapped and had a lot of people considering that somehow she was involved in the conspiracy of killing her parents. All for having the right look.

Lets hope she has the right support and love from relatives and friends to continue through life. She has gone from an every day teenager to having unwanted fame with her picture and name plastered everywhere.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Listened to a couple of podcasts on this before Jayme was free and the common thought was that she was abducted "obviously" by someone the family knew. So confident.

Law enforcement and associated might have to rethink everything they thought they knew.
That's profiling I guess. Just as you and I aren't the same, no two offenders are the same. Yes, certain behaviours are common but that doesn't mean they exist in every case.

That's profiling I guess. Just as you and I aren't the same, no two offenders are the same. Yes, certain behaviours are common but that doesn't mean they exist in every case.

But maybe stranger abductions are more common than we thought.

Than you thought.

That's what the experts say sprockets. Stranger abduction almost never happens but this situation is probably even rarer when a complete stranger kills someone's parents in the middle of the night to abduct a girl.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
That's what the experts say sprockets. Stranger abduction almost never happens but this situation is probably even rarer when a complete stranger kills someone's parents in the middle of the night to abduct a girl.
I know, but 'experts' tend to generalise. I just looked up some stats. Here's the UK, for example:

who_abducts.png

It's not that uncommon.

He had his family over for Christmas while she was under the bed. Reminds me of Ariel Castro, he had three girls in his basement for years and the door to it was just off the kitchen where guests could see it. He used to turn the radio up in there really loudly as well. So cunning.

And creepy what people can get away with hiding in their houses.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/23/12/03/jayme-closs-kidnapping-usa-christmas

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...patterson-sentenced-to-die-in-prison/11149428

A Wisconsin judge sentenced Jake Patterson to two terms of life imprisonment for kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs and murdering her parents, describing him as "one of the most dangerous men ever to walk this planet".

Ms Closs had a message for Patterson, who killed her parents only metres away from her.
"Jake Patterson took [my parents] away forever," she said in a statement read by her lawyer. "He can't take away my freedom. I will always have my freedom and he will not."
Ms Closs now lives with her uncle and aunt.

"Because of this monster, Jayme won't have her mom and dad at her dance recitals," Mike Closs, Jayme's uncle, said in court.
Her aunt Jennifer Smith said the family was satisfied with the sentence and knew it would give Jayme peace.
"She lives in fear, doesn't have a normal 13-year-old life, and that's all from what you did," Ms Smith told Patterson in court.
"I won't let you destroy our family no more. We can be happy."

Back