Prediction Best 22 R1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the odds we might try Bruce - King in the ruck for the sake of playing King because of all the hype and pressure.
I think some on here need to give the club some credit for knowing what they are doing , if you seriously think they would even consider playing King in the the ruck this year you need to see your doctor and not the Doc from on here

If Browny fit he’s a lock at full back. In my opinion Austin is not a KPD, he should be fighting with Robbo for that third tall role. The genuine big forwards would tear Austin apart.
Browny has always been a super fit guy but he will tell you he’s in the best condition of his career.

Yeah , Austin not the most inadequate backup for Full Back, ( given our recent history of Fisher, Simpkin, Gwilt, Maester, Delaney ), but it will be great if Clavarino comes on by the time Brown retires.

There's a few blokes in you current best 22 that MUST take the next step this season or be moved on.

Sainters need to target height.

They're still capable of good football on their day, but need to work on the spine. I'm tipping 8-9 wins.

There's a few blokes in you current best 22 that MUST take the next step this season or be moved on.

They're still capable of good football on their day, but need to work on the spine. I'm tipping 8-9 wins.
Yeah, I'll be disappointed if we don't target a key forward with our first round selection next draft....

They are working on the spine with Jack Bytel i'm told.

Here's my effort for R1. I think it will look very different by year's end.

B. Geary Brown Webster
HB. Roberton Carlisle Newnes
C. Clarke Hanners Ross
HF. Billings Membrey Gresham
F. Kent McCartin Long
Fol. Longer Steven Steele
Int. Acres Battle Coffield Marshall

Roberton's selection is based on his ability to play (fingers crossed)....if unavailable, Battle could play his role.

I think Young, Parker, Hind, Lonie, Sinclair, Paton, Phillips, and Dunstan will need to play will at VFL level to earn their spots.

Here's my effort for R1. I think it will look very different by year's end.

B. Geary Brown Webster
HB. Roberton Carlisle Newnes
C. Clarke Hanners Ross
HF. Billings Membrey Gresham
F. Kent McCartin Long
Fol. Longer Steven Steele
Int. Acres Battle Coffield Marshall

Roberton's selection is based on his ability to play (fingers crossed)....if unavailable, Battle could play his role.

I think Young, Parker, Hind, Lonie, Sinclair, Paton, Phillips, and Dunstan will need to play will at VFL level to earn their spots.

With Brown being suspended who do you see filling that spot for Round 1?

Logan Austin?

It will be interesting to see how that position gets filled. I believe Austin is on a managed work load at the moment due to off season surgery. I would bet my bottom dollar that Clavarino has half a sniff of a Round 1 debut and is giving it his all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geary Austin Dmac
Roberton. Snake. Webster
Hanners. Ross. Clark
Gresham Bruce Billings
Long Mcartin/Battle* Membrey.

Longer Stuv Steele

Marshall Newnes Coffield Acres

Sinclair Battle* Parker Rice

*IMO Battle is a better all round and flexible player but McCartin will be given preference due to his high draft selection. Which pisses me off tbh

Geary Austin Dmac
Roberton. Snake. Webster
Hanners. Ross. Clark
Gresham Bruce Billings
Long Mcartin/Battle* Membrey.

Longer Stuv Steele

Marshall Newnes Coffield Acres

Sinclair Battle* Parker Rice

*IMO Battle is a better all round and flexible player but McCartin will be given preference due to his high draft selection. Which pisses me off tbh
Battle maybe a better "all round and flexible" player but he's not a better key position player and that's why he's training with the defenders. Nothing to do with draft number.

Battle maybe a better "all round and flexible" player but he's not a better key position player and that's why he's training with the defenders. Nothing to do with draft number.

Is he not a better Key Position player?
Scored a goal in 71% of his games, McCartin 68%
Scored multiple goals in 29% of his games , McCartin 25%.
Scored 3 goals in 14% of his games , McCartin 2%.

What makes a "better" key position player? Bringing the ball to ground for Mil....some crumbing forward?

Is he not a better Key Position player?
Scored a goal in 71% of his games, McCartin 68%
Scored multiple goals in 29% of his games , McCartin 25%.
Scored 3 goals in 14% of his games , McCartin 2%.

What makes a "better" key position player? Bringing the ball to ground for Mil....some crumbing forward?
The guy has played 5 full games - no point mentioning his 6th when he went off in the first quarter with concussion. And all those 5 games he was playing as the 3rd tall. You cant really draw much from them to declare he is better than anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back