Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

One another things ‘Mods’ (spankers) and general observers, study the formation of our wonderful club and discover FFC is the only club that was formed with the values of agnosticism, unionism and egalitarianism.

Let robust discussion thrive.
Indeed, I always forget the famous second verse of our song:

Sons of the west,Red, white and blue,
We come out eyes open
, religion isn't true.
Union rights and people power, make everyone their best.
Because we are all equals and that is our creed,
We're the team of the mighty West!

Indeed, I always forget the famous second verse of our song:

Sons of the west,Red, white and blue,
We come out eyes open
, religion isn't true.
Union rights and people power, make everyone their best.
Because we are all equals and that is our creed,
We're the team of the mighty West!
I never knew this, that’s fantastic Defiant Dogs.

But what Hitchins he can give him is common sense , in very short supply around the world these days , and dare I say it , particularly around the worlds religions .

But mate its all tongue in cheek , don't take it all to seriously !
Nothing can give common sense.
It does not exist.
If it is common it is not sense!
If it is sense it is not common!

I swear a lot of the time we just draft whoever the best looking available player is. Dunkley, Lipinski, Mclean, Smith etc.
We overlooked Ling

I swear a lot of the time we just draft whoever the best looking available player is. Dunkley, Lipinski, Mclean, Smith etc.
Give it a couple of more draft years, then we will finally have a yearly calendar worthy of ripping out all the months and sticking them on your wall

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a little titbit from Knightmare:

Thread starter #3,543
Also for any Dogs fans wanting an update. Some inside scoop I received from one of the players mid December.

I was discussing footy/sports more generally and then go onto the subject of Bailey Smith after making the comment to him that he's the best mid in the pool. I was given a rave review on how Smith is going so far. Impressed by work ethic and attitude. Doing all the training and staying back late doing extras. As professional as he has seen and like he has never seen at that age. Also was really impressed by the size of him - strong through the legs and strong body. Looks ready to go to him.

And anyone who has followed Smith/his story shouldn't really be surprised by any of this. It's really just confirmation of what has been said already.

One player injuries permitting you can expect to see early and often in 2019 you'd imagine.

At the very least you know that if he doesnt make it it wont be through lack of effort.
That's all you can really ask tbh. Better than the players who never reach their true potential through sheer laziness or poor attitude (Stringer, Wingard are two of the big ones I can think of)

Just a little titbit from Knightmare:

Thread starter #3,543
Also for any Dogs fans wanting an update. Some inside scoop I received from one of the players mid December.

I was discussing footy/sports more generally and then go onto the subject of Bailey Smith after making the comment to him that he's the best mid in the pool. I was given a rave review on how Smith is going so far. Impressed by work ethic and attitude. Doing all the training and staying back late doing extras. As professional as he has seen and like he has never seen at that age. Also was really impressed by the size of him - strong through the legs and strong body. Looks ready to go to him.

And anyone who has followed Smith/his story shouldn't really be surprised by any of this. It's really just confirmation of what has been said already.

One player injuries permitting you can expect to see early and often in 2019 you'd imagine.

So Bailey Smith is rated higher by Nightmare than the chap the Carlton Blues selected at number 1. He's going to be a ripper, for sure.

I swear a lot of the time we just draft whoever the best looking available player is. Dunkley, Lipinski, McLean, Smith etc.

Yes. (Weideman and Jack Silvagni his competition.)
Yes. (Graham and Daicos his competition.)
Nope. (Webb is better looking but Weller is No. 1 from that draft.)
Maybe. (Lukosius and Ben Silvagni his competition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back