May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Further support for Laverde's 33 superstitions (stolen from a comment by youtube user Jaydo_injuryfree4eva):

"The Alex Smith and Joe Theismann coincidence. Both Washington Redskins quarterbacks. Both had career ending compound fractures of tibia and fibula. Both injuries occurred on the same yard line. Both games ended with the same score (23-21). Both were injured on the same date (November 18th) 33 years apart. And lastly, both were injured by the only two 3x defensive player of the year award winners (JJ Watt, Lawrence Thomas)."

Woah.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Further support for Laverde's 33 superstitions (stolen from a comment by youtube user Jaydo_injuryfree4eva):

"The Alex Smith and Joe Theismann coincidence. Both Washington Redskins quarterbacks. Both had career ending compound fractures of tibia and fibula. Both injuries occurred on the same yard line. Both games ended with the same score (23-21). Both were injured on the same date (November 18th) 33 years apart. And lastly, both were injured by the only two 3x defensive player of the year award winners (JJ Watt, Lawrence Thomas)."

Woah.

Funny username

Lonewanderer

Draftee
Jan 17, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
recon this bloke will ever be an A grader?
I always wondered how he would look as a midfielder, wish they would go down the same path they did with langford for him but doesn't look likely.

Interesting how you never hear from the club that he is burning the track up like other players, perhaps he's just not committed enough?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
recon this bloke will ever be an A grader?
I always wondered how he would look as a midfielder, wish they would go down the same path they did with langford for him but doesn't look likely.

Interesting how you never hear from the club that he is burning the track up like other players, perhaps he's just not committed enough?
To get any sort of idea for who is burning up the track it’s only really on bomberblitz where you have a few going to training to give feedback. He has always been a very good trainer but his body has let him down time and time again.

Lonewanderer

Draftee
Jan 17, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
To get any sort of idea for who is burning up the track it’s only really on bomberblitz where you have a few going to training to give feedback. He has always been a very good trainer but his body has let him down time and time again.

Fair enough, thats good to hear.

back to my first question, if he gets a run at it do you see him becoming an A grader?

i always had hopes that he could be a big midfielder

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair enough, thats good to hear.

back to my first question, if he gets a run at it do you see him becoming an A grader?

i always had hopes that he could be a big midfielder
I have high hopes for him but if im being realistic he should become a Dan Menzel type of player but with he ability to go in the middle if needed, he may not hit the scoreboard as well as Menzel but he is damn sure better at chasing and tackling. I want him playing more midfield but it will be tough for him to try and get that spot in the AFL side for that role, if he is playing VFL id want him there as a pure midfielder and maybe even have him rotating in defense just for something different.

A top level player

i.e dyson heppel level and above.
Not sure he'll get to Dyson's level but with a decent run at it who knows? Need that to happen first. Hard for anyone to say with any certainty though some will try.

Back