Politics Violence against Nazis, acceptable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Radical weirdos are always looking to seize power.

We have Fraser Anning in the senate, his office has been infiltrated by full on nationalist bigots.

We have actual prison camps for foreigners.

It’s happened already.

I'm not overly concerned about foreigners. I'm concerned about some of the locals.

One senator and a racist sparky.

I'm pretty sure this is how Nazi Germany started.

Surely antifa can send a detachment to Brisbane to push back the far right threat?

Yep, Anning and "sparky" have seized considerable influence in academia, the media and the bureaucracy.

They are a massive danger to Australia.

Yep, Anning and "sparky" have seized considerable influence in academia, the media and the bureaucracy.

They are a massive danger to Australia.
Their network of influence is incredibly powerful. It extends south to the beaches of Melbourne.

There is evidence their type have even infiltrated the social networks.

We'll need hundreds of men with incredibly large weapons if we're to stop them.

What's this far left you're talking about? Who are they, what do they believe, what power do they have? You're living in an alternate reality.
Groups such as Antifa represent the more intolerant violent side of the far left but they are really just a gathering of people from other special interest groups.
Groups involved in sexuality/gender/cultiral issues from public policy makers to university academics, to special interests groups in LGBTQ & feminists... this is where the devotees of the far left are most active and working to create their version of what the rest of should and shouldn't be allowed to say and think.

A march through the streets of Melbourne, to protest a specific race that makes up roughly 2% of all crime in Melbourne. Organised by a group of people who are white supremacists. With some people recorded doing the Nazi salute...

But it's Antifa and the leftys that we should really be worried about...

Are you kidding?

Anti-immigration, white supremacists are walking the streets of Australia, giving the Nazi salute... and you're arguing that it should be ignored, and we need to give more attention to how dangerous antifa are??

'It's just one senator, what's the big deal, lol?'...

After WWII Australia extreme in comparison with the rest of the world in its refusal to accept refugees (then 'displaced persons') who didn't fit certain requirements- i.e. whiteness. Hence the pursuit of young, single migrants from baltic countries. The rationale was that they essentially looked aryan (meaning they'd be accepted by the population) and would repopulate the country with more white children to stop the 'yellow race' from taking over. Italians, Greeks and so on were very reluctantly accepted later. And Jews? Australia barely accepted any Jews due to concerns that they would 'form ghettos'.

I think what you're saying here is that you don't feel threatened by the far right but you do feel threatened by the left. I wonder why that might be?

Do you realise that the rise of the far right is connected to decades of increasingly extreme rhetoric and policies in mainstream politics and media? You talk about ideas, but what are those ideas? I don't think you have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

What's the ultra left? Who are these people? The left in Australia is incredibly weak at this point.

The rise of the alt-right is widely accepted to be connected to the challenge to the position and perceived power of white middle class, rightly or wrongly.

What constituted the left is mainstream now, same with the right hence many have going more extreme in views.

This conversation was about tolerance to others ideas or thoughts and the use of denigration when there is disagreement rather than debate. I’d say you’ve revealed your tolerance levels.

The white Australia policy was still in place in 1947 when we started accepting those seeking refuge. We had to change this policy which we did before accepting a wider ethnic range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get people referring to "the white Australia policy", as the entire British Empire were fundamentally race patriots at this point.

It has no contemporary relevance.

I'm pretty sure this is how Nazi Germany started.

Surely antifa can send a detachment to Brisbane to push back the far right threat?
Don't forget the guy in Victoria who wants to put a picture of Hitler in every classroom and give every student a copy of Mein Kampf.

I'm not overly concerned about foreigners. I'm concerned about some of the locals.
We have Fraser Anning in the senate, his office has been infiltrated by full on nationalist bigots.

ROFL! You think that's all it is?

* me.

Modern politics = play the fringe because it gets clicks, ignore the centre because they haven't got any options.

How do we determine who aren’t essentially good and decent?
We do screen. I would suggest evidence that you aren't, excludes you.

You can only go on the basis of excluding people who have proved they are not, but lack of proof that they are not decent doesn't prove they are of course. However, on the basis there are lots of Australians we know are pieces of s**t, but who we cannot export, an immigrant group from which the shits have been excluded, are not likely not be worse as a whole than the Australian population as a whole, and hence probably make us better.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the guy in Victoria who wants to put a picture of Hitler in every classroom and give every student a copy of Mein Kampf.
Reading Mein Kampf is something that should happen
Know your enemy after all

Just don't read The Turner Diaries,the original manuscript for that s**t was written in crayon

You can only go on the basis of excluding people who have proved they are not, but lack of proof that they are not decent doesn't prove they are of course. However, on the basis there are lots of Australians we know are pieces of s**t, but who we cannot export, an immigrant group from which the shits have been excluded, are not likely not be worse as a whole than the Australian population as a whole, and hence probably make us better.

So the filter we screen with guarantees better people than existing Australians will be let into the country? That’s a big call. I wouldn’t say that is true of a number of nationalities. It certainly isn’t true of the Lebanese that were admitted in the 70s, not the Pakistanis that emigrated to the UK.

I'd suggest any WCE supporter with a Fremantle footballer as their avatar should be exluded, too.

So the filter we screen with guarantees better people than existing Australians will be let into the country? That’s a big call. I wouldn’t say that is true of a number of nationalities. It certainly isn’t true of the Lebanese that were admitted in the 70s, not the Pakistanis that emigrated to the UK.
I'm saying no filter is applied to Australians at all.

If we could apply the character checks applied to immigrant, to Australians, and just dump everyone who fails in the Pacific, how does that change the Australian population?

This is effectively what we are doing to those coming here.

I'm saying no filter is applied to Australians at all.

If we could apply the character checks applied to immigrant, to Australians, and just dump everyone who fails in the Pacific, how does that change the Australian population?

This is effectively what we are doing to those coming here.

Why would we want to filter out existing Australian citizens?

Why would we want to filter out existing Australian citizens?
Well, if we are deciding some of those that want to become Australian citizens cannot, because we do not consider them good enough, but we have a bunch of people here already that are much worse?

PS. This is a thought exercise, not a suggestion, if that was not obvious.

Well, if we are deciding some of those that want to become Australian citizens cannot, because we do not consider them good enough, but we have a bunch of people here already that are much worse?

PS. This is a thought exercise, not a suggestion, if that was not obvious.
Shouldn’t citizenship mean something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back