Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 4

Remove this Banner Ad

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be interesting to see if they still do the post game interview with Zverev or if it gets culled for time reasons.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I'm not going to enter the debate because today should be all about the phenomenonal 2nd round grand slam tennis we've seen, but here is the video

Not good.

I will say , again this isnt the right time and place. The young lad sitting next to him has no idea how to react. Just wish Hewitt had said ' I will talk about all issues separately I am here for the tennis''

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Not good.

I will say , again this isnt the right time and place. The young lad sitting next to him has no idea how to react. Just wish Hewitt had said ' I will talk about all issues separately I am here for the tennis''
The look on his face is like "oh fu*k"

Not good.

Agreed. He didn't need to mention it during the press conference after the doubles match. The other guy looks uncomfortable

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
From Ben Rothernberg twitter:

The Lleyton Hewitt press conference was WILD, y'all. Blackmail, threats, disowning. This country really is a tennis soap opera. #AusOpen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Tennis great John McEnroe has just listened to Lleyton Hewitt’s comments.
This was his take on the situation:
"Nothing like pouring gasoline on the fire,” he said on Channel 9.
"But I think Lleyton felt it was important that he said his piece and explain his position and why he feels the way he does.
"It's something that will be discussed and let's hope we are able to move past that as quickly as possible.”

If there were threats and blackmail involved, now I see why Lleyton actually originally responded initially and tonight. Lleyton is between a rock and hard place tbh.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
If there were threats and blackmail involved, now I see why Lleyton actually originally responded initially and tonight. Lleyton is between a rock and hard place tbh.
Yeah can't blame Lleyton for responding if threats were made against his kids. I wonder if the threats were directly from Tomic? Or one of his family or friends?

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Saturday will be the first time that Djokovic and Shapovalov have played each other.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Update on Thiem:
"I thought I would be able to play a good match, but it got worse over the day." He said he feels sick and he has pain all over his body. Will fly back to Austria tomorrow and do some blood tests to check whats wrong."

It was a flat match. Very much looking forward to Djokovic vs Shapovalov though.

Surprised how many actually thought this match was going to be anything other than an easy Novak win.

Agree about next round.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Assuming Bernard's ranking drops this year, TA wouldn't offer him a wildcard next year would they? He'd have to go through qualifiers?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back