Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

You completely missed the point, but that's to be expected.
Yeah, youve convinced me with that solid argument. THC doesn't impair driving ability at all. And it's probably just a complete coincidence that all those recorded crashes involved drivers with THC in their system. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence that shows how road safety has improved since legalising marijuana that I missed somehow.

and I could have put in a hidden spoiler alert because I 100% knew that's what your response would be. We can't really attribute alcohol as the cause to any crashes no matter how drunk they are.

So either we're both full of s**t or your original post pointless.

No one is suggesting it is a good idea to drive on drugs. Just like it is not a good idea to drive drunk or on pain killers.

Yeah, youve convinced me with that solid argument. THC doesn't impair driving ability at all. And it's probably just a complete coincidence that all those recorded crashes involved drivers with THC in their system. I'm sure there's plenty of evidence that shows how road safety has improved since legalising marijuana that I missed somehow.

You're a rusted on ideologue who is beyond convincing.

You only see what you want to see, and dismiss what you don't want to see.

Call it what you want but the fact remains that these kids are being killed because of drugs.
There is plenty of blame to go around, but surely the blame starts with the person's choice to use drugs.
yikes, people my age are dying from mdma thats laced with s**t like fentanyl. nothing is going to stop people from taking it so why not make it safer and add pill testing places in festivals so there is one less unnecessary death?

yikes, people my age are dying from mdma thats laced with s**t like fentanyl. nothing is going to stop people from taking it so why not make it safer and add pill testing places in festivals so there is one less unnecessary death?

You have just invited a vampire in to your house.

Did I say that there shouldn't be pill testing?

Nope.

How about people buy THEIR own pill testing kits for the pills THEY buy before THEY decide if they take the pill?

But no, the government has to pay for it right because pill taking is a necessity in our society, right? Horse s**t.

This debate is nothing more than an attempt to shift responsibility away from the drug taker.

Pill testing won't provide a 'this is safe for you' result. Anyone with half a brain can work that out, but maybe that's the problem.

You're a rusted on ideologue who is beyond convincing.

You only see what you want to see, and dismiss what you don't want to see.
And you're cometely ignoring large scale evidence because either a) your delusional for personal reasons which you probably wouldn't air on a public forum, or b) you're being deliberately mischievous, so people will continue to engage with you on the forum. Your lack of logic and consistency is your fall down.

Snake Baker: "Drugs should be legalised because it's none of society's business what people do personally"
Also Snake Baker: "it's society's business and they should rally behind pill testing to cause government change"

Snake Baker: "under legalisation, driving under the influence of illicit drugs is a miniscule problem"
Also Snake Baker: "the war on drugs is failing"

I see reality. Am I open to new ideas and change? Yes. I've already expressed this. Am I into large scale shifts that have the potential to increase harm overall without careful consideration? No. If there was good evidence to show these large scale changes, would I be open to them? Yes.

And you're cometely ignoring large scale evidence because either a) your delusional for personal reasons which you probably wouldn't air on a public forum, or b) you're being deliberately mischievous, so people will continue to engage with you on the forum. Your lack of logic and consistency is your fall down..

You're depth of psychoanalysis is consistent with your understanding of the drug issue

You're depth of psychoanalysis is consistent with your understanding of the drug issue
And he's off again, the human facebook with another quippy one liner fishing for comments. But never anything of any substance. Think I've scrolled your pages enough and seen all of your lack of depth champ. :thumbsu:

How about people buy THEIR own pill testing kits for the pills THEY buy before THEY decide if they take the pill?

But no, the government has to pay for it right because pill taking is a necessity in our society, right? Horse s**t.

This debate is nothing more than an attempt to shift responsibility away from the drug taker.

Pill testing won't provide a 'this is safe for you' result. Anyone with half a brain can work that out, but maybe that's the problem.
Do you think that the public cost of pill testing wouldn't be offset by the savings to the public purse of a death being prevented? Is there some dollar amount you'd like to put on how much public cost we should be willing to pay per prevented death?

Do you think that the public cost of pill testing wouldn't be offset by the savings to the public purse of a death being prevented? Is there some dollar amount you'd like to put on how much public cost we should be willing to pay per prevented death?

There's a big public $ cost associated with someone's death?

I know what you're trying to do BTW, you're trying to turn this into a moral argument.. It won't work, it never works. You can't even prove pill testing will save lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a big public $ cost associated with someone's death?

I know what you're trying to do BTW, you're trying to turn this into a moral argument.. It won't work, it never works. You can't even prove pill testing will save lives.
I'm trying to turn a moral argument into a moral argument?

Also, have a read of this article that I've posted up before about whether pill testing works. Also why do you think that bodies like the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, the Australian Medical Association and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners have called for pill testing to be allowed at festivals?

I have nothing against pill testing being 'allowed' at festivals but the public aren't responsible as a collective to pay for it.. You will never make a valid argument they are and it will never happen.

I read the article, same old story, everyone pleading to the government to implement it.

FFS pill testing kits are available, if you want to test a pill before you take one GO AND BUY ONE AND TEST IT YOURSELF!!!

Otherwise, go and buy your drugs legally and ingest them per directions...

Tell me why these kids aren't responsible for testing their pills.... Give me 1 good reason.

I have nothing against pill testing being 'allowed' at festivals but the public aren't responsible as a collective to pay for it.. You will never make a valid argument they are and it will never happen.

I read the article, same old story, everyone pleading to the government to implement it.

FFS pill testing kits are available, if you want to test a pill before you take one GO AND BUY ONE AND TEST IT YOURSELF!!!

Otherwise, go and buy your drugs legally and ingest them per directions...

Tell me why these kids aren't responsible for testing their pills.... Give me 1 good reason.

Because under your system, the current system, people are dying. Also, do you not think that 'everyone pleading to the government to implement it', with the 'everyone' being experts in the field, isn't a good reason? There's two excellent reasons for you.

Because under your system, the current system, people are dying. Also, do you not think that 'everyone pleading to the government to implement it', with the 'everyone' being experts in the field, isn't a good reason? There's two excellent reasons for you.

LOL of course 'everyone' being the loud minority, how typical. Put this out to the nation via a referendum including cost and no way it gets up. Not a chance.

Pill testing kits are available, test your own pills! Nobody else is responsible!

No amount of appealing to people's feelings changes the facts BTW.

LOL of course 'everyone' being the loud minority, how typical. Put this out to the nation via a referendum including cost and no way it gets up. Not a chance.

Pill testing kits are available, test your own pills! Nobody else is responsible!

No amount of appealing to people's feelings changes the facts BTW.
You asked me for one good reason, I gave you two and you ignored them both.

A referendum? :drunk:

Pill test kits are not conclusive and give false positives.

Don't bother debating anything above primary school level with this troglodyte.

People are dying due to a stupid choice they made. THEY are responsible, not the government.

A vocal minority call for government funded pill testing, not the majority.

You have nothing.

People are dying due to a stupid choice they made. THEY are responsible, not the government.

A vocal minority call for government funded pill testing, not the majority.

You have nothing.

A vocal minority who just happen to be the ones who know what they're talking about. I've given you every chance to make a logical argument as to why you think preventable deaths should continue, and you've provided nothing other than that you think that they deserve to die.

Don't bother debating anything above primary school level with this troglodyte.

Good advice, I won't.

Your'e the typical channel 9/Herald Sun drug expert. In other words, clueless.

You're just another sheep.
Sorry, I must have missed the part where I quoted the HS and Channel 9. Oh, that's right, I didnt.
Never claimed to be an expert either. I'm just open to the various possibilities that exist and happy to think beyond my own experiences. But yeah, keep rocking those personal insults and provide nothing else. Great way to convince people of your personal opinions.

Careful. Don't go quoting experts. You'll be accused of being a sheep for considering their ideas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back