Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You dont cough up a 1st rounder for a project player so cant see how you can say that, Sos rated him #6 hardly project type
track wathers as with all clubs only see positives in their new draftee's as with Richmond supporters seeing sydney stack as being a gun of the future before he has been allocated a spot.

Stocker will be a good addition to carltons youth but there will be too much focus on the kid due to this trade, If he was just a normal pick #19 selection he wouldnt have this thread on this board

I guess Richmond payed a late first rounder for a project player of sorts in RCD

itll be interesting tracking the careers of Stocker v RCD; after stoker was projected to go to RFC for so long, in so many phantom drafts and RCD 'slipped' to the Tigers

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I guess Richmond payed a late first rounder for a project player of sorts in RCD

itll be interesting tracking the careers of Stocker v RCD; after stoker was projected to go to RFC for so long, in so many phantom drafts and RCD 'slipped' to the Tigers

Also with St Kilda trying to do the same trade to pick RCD with #19

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Carlton supporters wont have to do any tracking, i'm sure you'll tell us. But i'm betting you could be the disappearing type.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Carlton supporters wont have to do any tracking, i'm sure you'll tell us. But i'm betting you could be the disappearing type.

No If Stocker has a bad time then maybe but it will more to about putting s**t on some not all Carlton supporters, But If Stocker has an OK year it will some of you guys telling the world how good he is and put up all the comparisons. Stocker vs McHenry, the Stocker vs RCD, Stocker vs etc. You guys have a history in doing that.

Not too many people give a s**t, Personally, I am only interested in Stocker because he has some value in the Super Coach as he will get more games than some of the comparisons.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
No If Stocker has a bad time then maybe but it will more to about putting s**t on some not all Carlton supporters, But If Stocker has an OK year it will some of you guys telling the world how good he is and put up all the comparisons. Stocker vs McHenry, the Stocker vs RCD, Stocker vs etc. You guys have a history in doing that.

Not too many people give a s**t, Personally, I am only interested in Stocker because he has some value in the Super Coach as he will get more games than some of the comparisons.
You don't read your own board then.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You don't read your own board then.
Yea I do, and it all around getting that low 1st rd pick, Stocker just a distraction, to s**t stir Carlton supporters who venture there. He just happens to be the Player you picked.

We are just happy to get a very low 1st rd pick, Don't think you understand the value of that pick to most Crows supporters.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Yea I do, and it all around getting that low 1st rd pick, Stocker just a distraction, to s**t stir Carlton supporters who venture there. He just happens to be the Player you picked.

We are just happy to get a very low 1st rd pick, Don't think you understand the value of that pick to most Crows supporters.
I'm really not worried how high the Crows pick is, you all remember that Stocker is the key part of the trade. If (so help me god) you get pick 1 and Stocker becomes a good player while we still have a 1st rnd pick 12-16 it's a win win.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I'm really not worried how high the Crows pick is, you all remember that Stocker is the key part of the trade. If (so help me god) you get pick 1 and Stocker becomes a good player while we still have a 1st rnd pick 12-16 it's a win win.

You don't get it do you, we don't care about Stocker, because the Crows did not trade Stocker and our 2019 1st, they traded pick 19 and our 2019 1st, Stocker just a name Carlton put on the 2018 pick 19. He may be important to you guys, but he just another player at Carlton to us.
You guys need to take a back seat as it looks like You are only doing comparisons to justify the trade, not too many really care, And what next are Carlton supporters going to give us a running comparison on Stocker vs whoever all year,

The only thing about this trade the Crows supporters care about is getting a potential top 5 pick in 2019.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
You don't get it do you, we don't care about Stocker, because the Crows did not trade Stocker and our 2019 1st, they traded pick 19 and our 2019 1st, Stocker just a name Carlton put on the 2018 pick 19. He may be important to you guys, but he just another player at Carlton to us.
You guys need to take a back seat as it looks like You are only doing comparisons to justify the trade, not too many really care, And what next are Carlton supporters going to give us a running comparison on Stocker vs whoever all year,

The only thing about this trade the Crows supporters care about is getting a potential top 5 pick in 2019.
A lot of them haven't worked out that you gave us the pick to grab Stocker in exchange for that early pick, they better use it wisely.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
A lot of them haven't worked out that you gave us the pick to grab Stocker in exchange for that early pick, they better use it wisely.
Does not matter until November, and I highly confident it will be used wisely along with the early 2nd we have, May even allow us to get a good crop of players again. if Sladojevic kicks on and takes a lead KPF role for SA under 18's this year, NGA player.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

To the contrary, has everything to do with Stocker as well as the exchange of picks. While Stocker may no have been rated by your team, if he goes on to be a 200-300 game player, questions would be asked as to the effectiveness of your talent identification. This along with how the exchange of picks are used by both clubs

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
To the contrary, has everything to do with Stocker as well as the exchange of picks. While Stocker may no have been rated by your team, if he goes on to be a 200-300 game player, questions would be asked as to the effectiveness of your talent identification. This along with how the exchange of picks are used by both clubs
Not if Jones and McHenry also go on to play 200-300 games and the top 2 or so pick we garnered from Carlton bring us Rankine or another topline player that goes on to be a 200-300 game player in this years draft

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Not if Jones and McHenry also go on to play 200-300 games and the top 2 or so pick we garnered from Carlton bring us Rankine or another topline player that goes on to be a 200-300 game player in this years draft

Let's just focus on pick 19 and the exchange of next year's firsts. Has nothing to do with McHenry and Jones.

As for a top 2 pick, I have lost count at the amount of Crows supporters that continue to make that assumption. I really wish I could find an agency, that would allow for that peer to peer wager, just to see how brave some of your supporters are ;)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ultimately, any player success at your respective clubs has little to do with the pick they were taken at, and is about 99% related to player development. Sure, Stocker and McHenry could both become 300 gamers. But there's also no guarantee they'd be just as successful at the other club. If McHenry does well, it's because of Adelaide's player development, and not because they secured him at some arbitrary price. Same with Stocker at Carlton.

This trade already looks to be a win-win since both clubs were satisfied from the beginning. Carlton got the player they wanted, and Adelaide upgraded their next year's pick massively. Whatever happens from here, I still think both clubs have won

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

To Carlton supporters, it's all about Stocker. and that is your problem.
To the Crows supporter, it was 2018's pick 19 and 2019's pick 1 for Carlton 2019's pick 1.
And sorry to break the new we don't really care if he goes on to be a 200 game player, Because the Crows have a chance of selecting an elite Player in the 2019 draft. And to us that a rarity, we don't get too many top 10 picks let alone a top 5 pick.

Remember the Crows did not know who Carlton were picking, so how could you even think everything about Stocker. To us he just the player used by Carlton at pick 19.
So sorry to break the news for you apart from the s**t stirring factor we don't care. about Stocker

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
To the Crows supporter, it was 2018's pick 19 and 2019's pick 1 for Carlton 2019's pick 1.
And sorry to break the new we don't really care if he goes on to be a 200 game player, Because the Crows have a chance of selecting an elite Player in the 2019 draft. And to us that a rarity, we don't get too many top 10 picks let alone a top 5 pick.

Remember the Crows did not know who Carlton were picking, so how could you even think everything about Stocker. To us he just the player used by Carlton at pick 19.
So sorry to break the news for you apart from the s**t stirring factor we don't care. about Stocker

It is not just about Stocker for me, it is about Stocker and having a free hit in the first round next year, while you upgrade to a pick in the top 6. Great outcome for both clubs

If Stocker goes on to be a 200-300 gamer, with a pick that was traded live, with your recruiters knowing full well he was still on the board, your talent identification will come into question. As would ours, if Stocker is a bust. It is that simple

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

If you don't understand the workings of that trade maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
It is not just about Stocker for me, it is about Stocker and having a free hit in the first round next year, while you upgrade to a pick in the top 6. Great outcome for both clubs

If Stocker goes on to be a 200-300 gamer, with a pick that was traded live, with your recruiters knowing full well he was still on the board, your talent identification will come into question. As would ours, if Stocker is a bust. It is that simple

Why would our Talent identification come into question, Stocker at the Crows would not come close to 200 games, he would not have gotten a game this year. While he may be suitable to Carlton his style of play not what we needed. Maybe in 4 years when a few of our inside players get older,
Look at who we selected and you may get a better picture. the Games moving on endurance, defensive pressure with a bit of speed are the new weapons,

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If you don't understand the workings of that trade maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.
And where did I go wrong, the Crow traded 2018 pick 19 and 2019 1st rd pick for Carlton 2019 1st rd pick a potential top 5 pick, pretty
simple, nothing hard about it.
Carlton were the ones after Stocker, not the Crows. again pretty simple to us Stocker was the player Carlton picked, that is all.
so again what did I not understand?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Why would our Talent identification come into question, Stocker at the Crows would not come close to 200 games, he would not have gotten a game this year. While he may be suitable to Carlton his style of play not what we needed. Maybe in 4 years when a few of our inside players get older,
Look at who we selected and you may get a better picture. the Games moving on endurance, defensive pressure with a bit of speed are the new weapons,

May get a better picture? Your kidding right

Surely you are not suggesting, the Crows couldn't find a spot for a Viney, Brayshaw, Crouch type?

You don't draft for the now, a mid takes 2-4 years before you start to benefit

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds to me like everyone knows Stocker can football, the question marks are really just how much of an upside he has. This is the main reason 'overagers' tend to slide a little, as did Higgins, is that clubs don't believe there's as much upside in these kids as there is in a less developed just-18 year old.

I like that Carlton backed themselves and their list, they've drawn the line that says 'talent is here, time to develop and deliver' on the 2018 draft crop.

Walsh is as close to a safe bet for a high quality 200 game midfielder as they'd have found in this draft, there's 0 commentary regarding any doubts on his ability to make the level. Carlton didn't need a flashy game-breaker like Rankine, they needed midfielder(s) who were close to guaranteed AFL quality.

I think their strategy this year was a calculated gamble; Walsh & Stocker both seem like safe bets to be AFL quality midfielders, the SA boys may have more upside, but also carry risk of go-home, ability to impact consistently, and/or list needs.

Worst case scenario it's 2019 Pick 1 for Stocker + 2019 Pick 18, better case is somewhere in the middle, Crows to make finals and Carlton to come 16th means more like 2019 Pick 3 for Stocker and 2019 Pick 14ish.

At some point you have to back your list and development.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Sounds to me like everyone knows Stocker can football, the question marks are really just how much of an upside he has. This is the main reason 'overagers' tend to slide a little, as did Higgins, is that clubs don't believe there's as much upside in these kids as there is in a less developed just-18 year old.

I like that Carlton backed themselves and their list, they've drawn the line that says 'talent is here, time to develop and deliver' on the 2018 draft crop.

Walsh is as close to a safe bet for a high quality 200 game midfielder as they'd have found in this draft, there's 0 commentary regarding any doubts on his ability to make the level. Carlton didn't need a flashy game-breaker like Rankine, they needed midfielder(s) who were close to guaranteed AFL quality.

I think their strategy this year was a calculated gamble; Walsh & Stocker both seem like safe bets to be AFL quality midfielders, the SA boys may have more upside, but also carry risk of go-home, ability to impact consistently, and/or list needs.

Worst case scenario it's 2019 Pick 1 for Stocker + 2019 Pick 18, better case is somewhere in the middle, Crows to make finals and Carlton to come 16th means more like 2019 Pick 3 for Stocker and 2019 Pick 14ish.

At some point you have to back your list and development.

Stocker isn't an "overager", born in 2000, like most of the draftees

Back