AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

the thing is I always saw him as a better player than langford, whenever he did play I thought his disposal was better and had better decision making. Also looks to be alot quicker too.
not that I dont love langers too but yeah..
the coaches love langford though so I dont know anymore.

the thing is I always saw him as a better player than langford, whenever he did play I thought his disposal was better and had better decision making. Also looks to be alot quicker too.
I don't think anyone's had a chance to fall in love with Lav yet because he keeps getting injured

For the VFL watchers, does Laverde run himself under the ball any where near as much in the 2's?

If he can get that out of his game I can see him being a bloody hard matchup. Just wondering if the adreneline of the big crowd, the better quality of opponent, makes him go harder than he has to and misjudging the ball as a consequence.

Get his body right and he can be a quality mid sized forward more than capable of running through the middle... if he stops running too far under the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the coaches just really admire Langers. He's been given the cold shoulder and the silent treatment at the selection table too many times for me to confidently believe they love him. They love Zaka though... I'd be happy to say they've got a thing for Langers.

apparently he's training with the injured group?

new injury or just a modified program?

He's slimmed down quite a bit. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he has been given special running loads as part of a tailored program to improve his endurance (which has been far from a strength to date).

I would be equally as unsurprised to learn that it was injury related.

Went to training a couple of times during January and he seemed to be playing a hit up half forward / wrap around winger role in match sim.

Has really nice leading patterns as a forward and often gets separation from defenders to take uncontested marks. Whenever there’d be a stoppage on a wing, he’d position centre of the ground side. If his team won possession, he’d burst run to the open field, often ending up the player free to kick inside 50 or shoot at goal.

Has the size and athleticism to really trouble opposition sides if he can get confident in his role. Really hoping he can earn his spot and then show what he can really do. A brutish X factor is what I’m hopeful he ends up.

Along with Francis is one of our genuinely aggressive types that has the size to throw around.

He's slimmed down quite a bit. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he has been given special running loads as part of a tailored program to improve his endurance (which has been far from a strength to date).

I would be equally as unsurprised to learn that it was injury related.
Apologies to barge in, I think this guy is a gun.
Surprised that he has slimmed down quite a bit, he was already slim.
Hoping he gets a run tomorrow against my mob, and that he gets through without injury.
He just needs a bit of well deserved luck with injury.

Apologies to barge in, I think this guy is a gun.
Surprised that he has slimmed down quite a bit, he was already slim.
Hoping he gets a run tomorrow against my mob, and that he gets through without injury.
He just needs a bit of well deserved luck with injury.

I dont think the priority was to slim him down as much as it has been to get his running and fitness up to a much higher level.

An inevitable part of that, especially for someone still in his early 20s, will be losing weight which then gets put back on as he builds everything up together.

He looked heavier last year but he was also commonly blowing up during games.

Hopefully tonight is the start of a new career that reflects his ability. I think he's still a top 5 raw talent at the club with some guys who are complete freaks (i.e. Daniher, Stringer, Francis, McKenna, Shields and McGrath).

I dont think the priority was to slim him down as much as it has been to get his running and fitness up to a much higher level.

An inevitable part of that, especially for someone still in his early 20s, will be losing weight which then gets put back on as he builds everything up together.

He looked heavier last year but he was also commonly blowing up during games.

Hopefully tonight is the start of a new career that reflects his ability. I think he's still a top 5 raw talent at the club with some guys who are complete freaks (i.e. Daniher, Stringer, Francis, McKenna, Shields and McGrath).
He looked dangerous from the very moment he came on tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back