Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible.

Won't be watching the Mens Final. I will probably watch Womens though because Serena will most likely be there.

Osaka or Pliskova to take Serena out would be nice. Luckily Kvitova should win anyway

Djokovic was challenged, but did what he had to do.

Still don't think we've seen the best of him yet in this tournament.

Tonight was awful but it was good that he got a workout before the 1/4 final.

We won't unfortunately. He has an easy run now.

Nishikori, Raonic, Nadal.

Nadal is easy? Are you drunk?

That will be 3-4 hours very tough tennis.

Raonic is playing amazing tennis too. Novak will be hoping he loses before the semi.

Got the ATP rule book in front of me.

What was the code violation for? Surely not racquet abuse... Can't see it meeting that definition.

Nadal is easy? Are you drunk?

That will be 3-4 hours very tough tennis.

Raonic is playing amazing tennis too. Novak will be hoping he loses before the semi.

Nadal is easy for Novak on a non-clay court.

Not a match that I am interested in watching... Boring, boring. Federer would have been more of a challenge for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nadal is easy for Novak on a non-clay court.

Not a match that I am interested in watching... Boring, boring. Federer would have been more of a challenge for him.

No he wouldn’t have been. Novak has been taking Fed to the cleaners since halfway through last year.

All the games are interesting. Some new guys coming through, Raonic coming back from a long layoff.

The next generation will start breaking through more in 12 months

All my favourites lost on the Mens side today.
- Zverev, Medvedev, Coric, and Carreno Busta.

Doesn't matter though. Aussie Serena is still in and looking like she can win!! Excellent.

Got the ATP rule book in front of me.

What was the code violation for? Surely not racquet abuse... Can't see it meeting that definition.
It might be this?

Appendix 1 of the Code defines the breach as when "a player violently or with anger, hits, kicks or throws a racquet or other equipment, or in any way unreasonably interferes with any court fixtures and equipment within the precinct".
"For the purposes of this rule abuse of racquets or equipment is defined as intentionally and violently throwing, destroying or damaging racquets or equipment or intentionally and violently hitting the net, court, umpire's chair or other fixture during or after a match out of anger or frustration," it says.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It might be this?

Appendix 1 of the Code defines the breach as when "a player violently or with anger, hits, kicks or throws a racquet or other equipment, or in any way unreasonably interferes with any court fixtures and equipment within the precinct".
"For the purposes of this rule abuse of racquets or equipment is defined as intentionally and violently throwing, destroying or damaging racquets or equipment or intentionally and violently hitting the net, court, umpire's chair or other fixture during or after a match out of anger or frustration," it says.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the rule I saw. Key word throughout is violent. I don't feel that Medvedev was violent with the racquet. So seems harsh to me.

Yeah that's the rule I saw. Key word throughout is violent. I don't feel that Medvedev was violent with the racquet. So seems harsh to me.

You do it often enough the umpire isn’t going to like it. Should have warned him earlier. It’s a part of his game he needs to get better- controlling emotions

You do it often enough the umpire isn’t going to like it. Should have warned him earlier. It’s a part of his game he needs to get better- controlling emotions

Probably should have told him that he didn't like it because it is not caught in the rule book in my opinion. Soft decision.

On an unrelated note, are you supporting Bautista tomorrow?

Probably should have told him that he didn't like it because it is not caught in the rule book in my opinion. Soft decision.

On an unrelated note, are you supporting Bautista tomorrow?

Don’t really mind who wins that match. Probably rather Tsitsipas get through for the sake of a better semi for Rafa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back