Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

A vocal minority who just happen to be the ones who know what they're talking about. I've given you every chance to make a logical argument as to why you think preventable deaths should continue, and you've provided nothing other than that you think that they deserve to die.

Haha you must have been dux of your drama class, bravo! You need a segment on 'The Project', you'd fit right in.

Preventing death by ingesting illegal drugs is not the responsibility of the government. I've made this argument repeatedly but in your emotional state you're obviously missing it.

If you want to solve this problem you understand WHY these kids are taking a stupid risk and help address that, you don't submit to enabling the behavior.

You think other kids dying isn't enough for these morons to think twice about it? Is the current generation of young people that stupid? Are they that submissive to peer pressure?

You take the pill, you roll the dice.

The End.

No Government is going to via a morally subjective law tell me what I can ingest into my own body and I am prepared to wear the consequences of my actions, positive and negative, f..k em.

The same people that use drugs are the ones that claim they're being stopped from using drugs.

The same people that use drugs are the ones that claim they're being stopped from using drugs.

I'm not being stopped from using drugs, but the current laws make them a pain in the arse to get and make me associate with people I'd prefer not to in order to get them.

That's my main reason for wanting weed legalized and regulated tbh - the fact that I think it (as well as quite a few other changes to the current setup re other drugs) will be a net benefit to society is just an added bonus!

There's a big public $ cost associated with someone's death?

I know what you're trying to do BTW, you're trying to turn this into a moral argument.. It won't work, it never works. You can't even prove pill testing will save lives.
Its been pointed out to you on numerous now how it will in fact save lives but you refuse to acknowledge them

Last edited:
Its been pointed out to you on numerous now how it will in fact save lives but you refuse to acknowledge them

It really doesn't matter, the burden of responsibility stays with the druggie to arrange their pills to be tested at their cost. Then they decide to roll the dice or not.

It's really as simple as that.

Personal Responsibility.

Don't expect the Government to provide a free service to enable your drug taking....

It really doesn't matter, the burden of responsibility stays with the druggie to arrange their pills to be tested at their cost. Then they decide to roll the dice or not.

It's really as simple as that.

Personal Responsibility.

Don't expect the Government to provide a free service to enable your drug taking....
But so now do you acknowledge that the premise of drug testing will save lives?
Also, Never taken an illicit drug in my life, but good on you for assuming :thumbsu:

But so now do you acknowledge that the premise of drug testing will save lives?
Also, Never taken an illicit drug in my life, but good on you for assuming :thumbsu:

No I didn't acknowledge it.. There's NO drug test that can tell someone an illegal pill is 'safe' for them to take.

I am not against pill testing per say, but even if it gets brought in people will still overdose

You can put all the resources you can into education/health/safety and people will still overdose/self-harm with substance abuse... look at alcohol. Pill testing is a harm minimisation strategy - not a cure all. If experts in the field say it works then why is it such a big deal to try and implement? Instead we have to listen to foaming (predominantly) conservatives talk about "natural selection" when a young person dies.

If experts in the field say it works then why is it such a big deal to try and implement? Instead we have to listen to foaming (predominantly) conservatives talk about "natural selection" when a young person dies.

No reason why it shouldn't be tried.

Plenty of reasons the government shouldn't be responsible for paying for it, implementing it or the inevitable failure of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You anti drug people are brainless sheep that cannot think for themselves.

Pretty much every illicit drug has either proven medicinal benedits OR are being researched and trialed to prove medicinal benefit.

Do some ******* research and reading. Stop waiting for big brother to tell you right from wrong, THINK FOR YOURSELVES FFS.

Pretty much every illicit drug has either proven medicinal benedits OR are being researched and trialed to prove medicinal benefit.

Do some ******* research and reading. Stop waiting for big brother to tell you right from wrong, THINK FOR YOURSELVES FFS.
U need some drugs to calm down.

So would you legalise them for prescription purposes only? Logistically how would legalisation work?

Think for yourselves by following what some pro-drug nutter says on the internet?

Yeah.
Nah.

Well after drugs being accused of killing a guy who died of a snake bite i am fking wrapt that vic pol have decided to deploy their sniffer dog operation to stop illicits being snuck into rainbow.

Brilliant move vic pol. Hopefully you'll catch a bunch of people and ruin the rest of their lives. Who needs the tragedy of death at a festival when we can just ruin lives with drug records.

Fwiw the death at rsf in 2012 was prescription drug related and the one in 2017 was poisoning due to drinking a bottle of amil nitrate.

So totally valid that our tax dollars go towards this useless operation.

The majority of people that go to this festival are on the lookout to look after and protect people who are inebriated. Most patreons are kind and thoughtful. Way more so than the gambling and horse torture events the public happily celebrate.

What a mixed up workd we live in.

Well after drugs being accused of killing a guy who died of a snake bite i am fking wrapt that vic pol have decided to deploy their sniffer dog operation to stop illicits being snuck into rainbow.

Brilliant move vic pol. Hopefully you'll catch a bunch of people and ruin the rest of their lives. Who needs the tragedy of death at a festival when we can just ruin lives with drug records.

Fwiw the death at rsf in 2012 was prescription drug related and the one in 2017 was poisoning due to drinking a bottle of amil nitrate.

So totally valid that our tax dollars go towards this useless operation.

The majority of people that go to this festival are on the lookout to look after and protect people who are inebriated. Most patreons are kind and thoughtful. Way more so than the gambling and horse torture events the public happily celebrate.

What a mixed up workd we live in.
Sniffer dogs are useless in these cases... something like a 50% false indications

So someone suffering from Bipolar/schizophrenia or other serious mental issues should be allowed to smoke Ice whenever they want? Sure sounds good to me, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back