Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly footy-related but can’t wait to see the back of Sharapova - sickened at the *-like stories about her comeback and collective amnesia about what she is coming back from.
I can't watch her.

The shouting on every swing of the racquet just does my head in.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Putting a cassette in a car radio and it gets stuck so you can only listen to one song for all eternity. That's an IUB.

But I thought you were a big Kenny Rogers fan?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Putting a cassette in a car radio and it gets stuck so you can only listen to one song for all eternity. That's an IUB.

High brow discussion on structures prior to Tigers Final IUB arrives discussing being drunk and talking about seeing X North player at the Tunnel in 1994

Cassette analogy... playing new cassette and cassette unspools in player

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
High brow discussion on structures prior to Tigers Final IUB arrives discussing being drunk and talking about seeing X North player at the Tunnel in 1994

Cassette analogy... playing new cassette and cassette unspools in player
He must still be around Bigfooty somewhere right? He came in here and racked up thousands of posts in a short time.
Someone that invested here doesn't just stop and watch reruns of mash do they? Then again, perhaps he was writing a thesis on internet forums and trolled us all the way!
Who has an account that started in the month after I BU was given the @rse!

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh boy. Amazing when you see all the footage how different the story is. The real story is the hate by the African American man tearing down homosexuals, women, the boys, and basically any one that doesn't agree with them. This video highlights just why the media is garbage

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The Fyre festival doco on Netflix is pretty unbelievable.

Must watch, car crash TV.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh boy. Amazing when you see all the footage how different the story is. The real story is the hate by the African American man tearing down homosexuals, women, the boys, and basically any one that doesn't agree with them. This video highlights just why the media is garbage

That was some strange s**t. Were those black Jews? They should all be embarrassed. What was the march about anyway? I vaguely remember something about it being called the March for life? Is it apro life/anti abortion thing?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Slightly footy-related but can’t wait to see the back of Sharapova - sickened at the *-like stories about her comeback and collective amnesia about what she is coming back from.

She made a reasonable case for the defence in her book but the media's (non-)treatment of her definitely smacks of *itis.

In the end Barty nicely earned an icy "well done" out of her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was some strange s**t. Were those black Jews? They should all be embarrassed. What was the march about anyway? I vaguely remember something about it being called the March for life? Is it apro life/anti abortion thing?
I don't know what they are but I know they are listed as an official hate group...

I think it is one part of it but people piggyback off it and bring their own march. I heard there was a pro life/anti-abortion one, the native american indian one, and another.

Just one big s**t show tbh. Social media has clearly brought the worst out it people. It's sad reading adults (and "esteemed" people) sending threats and saying they'd like to punch the kid in the face. Even before all the truth came out he's 16, education is better than doxxing to the point of contacting the chef schools and asking to get scholarships cancelling and death threats to himself, family, all the way down to his cousins.

I'm never smiling in public again that's for sure. I fear I'll be photographed and doxxed by world media. I assume someone called 'Groin guru' could easily have the narrative spun around.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't know what they are but I know they are listed as an official hate group...

I think it is one part of it but people piggyback off it and bring their own march. I heard there was a pro life/anti-abortion one, the native american indian one, and another.

Just one big s**t show tbh. Social media has clearly brought the worst out it people. It's sad reading adults (and "esteemed" people) sending threats and saying they'd like to punch the kid in the face. Even before all the truth came out he's 16, education is better than doxxing to the point of contacting the chef schools and asking to get scholarships cancelling and death threats to himself, family, all the way down to his cousins.

I'm never smiling in public again that's for sure. I fear I'll be photographed and doxxed by world media. I assume someone called 'Groin guru' could easily have the narrative spun around.

The kid was being a smug little utensil and but the reaction was way over the top for what it really was. Those Hebrew blokes just wanted to hate on everyone. That whole video is bizarre. The way s**t blows up in the media these days is scary.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The kid was being a smug little utensil and but the reaction was way over the top for what it really was. Those Hebrew blokes just wanted to hate on everyone. That whole video is bizarre. The way s**t blows up in the media these days is scary.
I disagree. It was a snapshot photo. Other frames have him telling a friend to cool it when his friend was arguing with another member from the phillips party was discussion land etc.

It's a slippery slope when we start analysing smiles, especially when on another day we're all about wanting kids to be confident and standing tall and proud. I've been called smug before just because of my smile - I mean no malice...it's just a damn smile. The issue is the hat and the colour of the boys skin. If it wasn't the hate group behind them would and should have copped the flack for making rude comments about sexual orientation and females.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He must still be around Bigfooty somewhere right? He came in here and racked up thousands of posts in a short time.
Someone that invested here doesn't just stop and watch reruns of mash do they? Then again, perhaps he was writing a thesis on internet forums and trolled us all the way!
Who has an account that started in the month after I BU was given the @rse!
I thaught some actually caught up with iub for a drink?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I disagree. It was a snapshot photo. Other frames have him telling a friend to cool it when his friend was arguing with another member from the phillips party was discussion land etc.

It's a slippery slope when we start analysing smiles, especially when on another day we're all about wanting kids to be confident and standing tall and proud. I've been called smug before just because of my smile - I mean no malice...it's just a damn smile. The issue is the hat and the colour of the boys skin. If it wasn't the hate group behind them would and should have copped the flack for making rude comments about sexual orientation and females.

100% with you on the hate group (btw I’ll be damned if that’s not Ice Cubes strange cousin).

Do you really think they showed up wearing MAGA hats to the indigenous ceremony (or whatever it was) by mistake and were really just a bunch of teenage boys waiting to catch their bus to a march about not allowing women to have abortions?

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
100% with you on the hate group (btw I’ll be damned if that’s not Ice Cubes strange cousin).

Do you really think they showed up wearing MAGA hats to the indigenous ceremony (or whatever it was) by mistake and were really just a bunch of teenage boys waiting to catch their bus to a march about not allowing women to have abortions?
They had their hats with them because they were on an excursion to demonstrate their lack of respect for the rights of grown women. They were in a large excitable group that had been catcalling girls and was feeling confident enough to engage with another group also saying unpleasant stuff that everybody elese was ignoring. Mr Phillips and a small group with him had been at an indigenous march that happened to be at this popular spot on the same day, and thought rightly or wrongly that standing between the two arguing groups would be helpful (in the absence of any other adult, like a teacher travelling with the boys, intervening). The boys moved to surround them and mock them. Now they further enjoy their privilege by having plenty of people backing away from criticism and making excuses for them. There are stills, short clips and long clips and the sequence is the same - the differences are what people want to draw out of this. Is it worth a nationwide, let alone global, carry on that lasts for days? Wouldn't have thought so. Could pretty much everyone there have made better choices? Pretty much, yes. Are the boys entitled little twats who think - and now know - they can get away with whatever they want? Certainly. Would the rection have been different if they weren't all-white private school kids? Yes, all round. It would be nice to think at least some of them will grow out of it and learn something from this, but I doubt their learning will come from either the social media shitstorm or from their school.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

They had their hats with them because they were on an excursion to demonstrate their lack of respect for the rights of grown women. They were in a large excitable group that had been catcalling girls and was feeling confident enough to engage with another group also saying unpleasant stuff that everybody elese was ignoring. Mr Phillips and a small group with him had been at an indigenous march that happened to be at this popular spot on the same day, and thought rightly or wrongly that standing between the two arguing groups would be helpful (in the absence of any other adult, like a teacher travelling with the boys, intervening). The boys moved to surround them and mock them. Now they further enjoy their privilege by having plenty of people backing away from criticism and making excuses for them. There are stills, short clips and long clips and the sequence is the same - the differences are what people want to draw out of this. Is it worth a nationwide, let alone global, carry on that lasts for days? Wouldn't have thought so. Could pretty much everyone there have made better choices? Pretty much, yes. Are the boys entitled little twats who think - and now know - they can get away with whatever they want? Certainly. Would the rection have been different if they weren't all-white private school kids? Yes, all round. It would be nice to think at least some of them will grow out of it and learn something from this, but I doubt their learning will come from either the social media shitstorm or from their school.
It goes both ways though. A lot of conservatives and religious types are pro-life. While you think it's a lack of respect for the rights of grown women they see it as a lack of respect for the unborn child. I am not pro-life at all but they are entitled to have their say like we all are. They are supposed to be there to observe and to understand what a protest/march is like. Could even be an eye-opener for some kids and they might see things from different viewpoints.

The boys stopped engaging with the hate group by singing their own school chants like one would at a school event to promote team spirit. I think that was well done given they were being called "f*ggots", racists and a few other choice words like "you're going to shoot up a school some day".

"surround" or the indigenous group marched through them and they parted the sea? I definitely didn't see any mockery. As explained by some of the kids and bystanders they joined in with the singing and dancing. One indigenous individual even said he felt like a few kids were taking part and joining in with the dance. I keep reading "mock" from several people just like the original story which said they were saying "build the wall" and yet there has been zero proof of it. If there is someone should produce it because we can't take the word from the MSM and can't even trust Phillips as he basically lied to get 5 minutes of fame. Which is no surprise. The MSM do this during school shootings - they parade around the survivors and use them to evoke emotion and toss aside the ones that have a differing opinion - case in point Cameron Kasky from the Parkland School shooting.

What we do know from the full video is that Phillips marched straight to the boy, continued beating the drum, told his mate to shut up and stop arguing with one of the people from the indigenous group, and was "unlucky" (or selectively edited) enough to have a picture taken of him smiling.

All I'm hearing is it's not okay to stand your ground (it is), it's not okay to smirk, it's not okay to wear a MAGA hate (it is if you choose), it's not okay to be pro-life (it is if that is your viewpoint), and it's certainly not okay if you mix all of them together whilst being white.

The mainstream media need to clean up their act. The witch hunt that people go on needs to be highlighted. People need to admit when their wrong (The atlantic did as did several on social media) instead of moving the goal posts and acting like it's all justified because of the smile the boy has. We are going the complete opposite direction if we are aiming to unify people. Instead we are creating more tribalism and more division amongst people. Logic and common decency have clearly gone out the window.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
It goes both ways though. A lot of conservatives and religious types are pro-life. While you think it's a lack of respect for the rights of grown women they see it as a lack of respect for the unborn child. I am not pro-life at all but they are entitled to have their say like we all are. They are supposed to be there to observe and to understand what a protest/march is like. Could even be an eye-opener for some kids and they might see things from different viewpoints.

The boys stopped engaging with the hate group by singing their own school chants like one would at a school event to promote team spirit. I think that was well done given they were being called "f*ggots", racists and a few other choice words like "you're going to shoot up a school some day".

"surround" or the indigenous group marched through them and they parted the sea? I definitely didn't see any mockery. As explained by some of the kids and bystanders they joined in with the singing and dancing. One indigenous individual even said he felt like a few kids were taking part and joining in with the dance. I keep reading "mock" from several people just like the original story which said they were saying "build the wall" and yet there has been zero proof of it. If there is someone should produce it because we can't take the word from the MSM and can't even trust Phillips as he basically lied to get 5 minutes of fame. Which is no surprise. The MSM do this during school shootings - they parade around the survivors and use them to evoke emotion and toss aside the ones that have a differing opinion - case in point Cameron Kasky from the Parkland School shooting.

What we do know from the full video is that Phillips marched straight to the boy, continued beating the drum, told his mate to shut up and stop arguing with one of the people from the indigenous group, and was "unlucky" (or selectively edited) enough to have a picture taken of him smiling.

All I'm hearing is it's not okay to stand your ground (it is), it's not okay to smirk, it's not okay to wear a MAGA hate (it is if you choose), it's not okay to be pro-life (it is if that is your viewpoint), and it's certainly not okay if you mix all of them together whilst being white.

The mainstream media need to clean up their act. The witch hunt that people go on needs to be highlighted. People need to admit when their wrong (The atlantic did as did several on social media) instead of moving the goal posts and acting like it's all justified because of the smile the boy has. We are going the complete opposite direction if we are aiming to unify people. Instead we are creating more tribalism and more division amongst people. Logic and common decency have clearly gone out the window.
They are sent by their school, not to experience protest, but to build numbers for a cause. They wear those hats, they are part of a hate group. I'd have less trouble with the suggestion they should be left alone if they acknowledged any fault or room for change, but they don't, because they don't have to, and that's what the smirk represents. The "I was minding my own buisness and then I was just praying" lying media statement was doubling down. In a country where kids are regularly shot dead for doing nothing wrong, it's hard to take the rush to accept their self-serving comments and exonerate them for their share of the bad behaviour.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are sent by their school, not to experience protest, but to build numbers for a cause. They wear those hats, they are part of a hate group. I'd have less trouble with the suggestion they should be left alone if they acknowledged any fault or room for change, but they don't, because they don't have to, and that's what the smirk represents. The "I was minding my own buisness and then I was just praying" lying media statement was doubling down. In a country where kids are regularly shot dead for doing nothing wrong, it's hard to take the rush to accept their self-serving comments and exonerate them for their share of the bad behaviour.
But have we got to a point where wearing those hats is considered being part of a hate group? I sure hope not. I'd hate to think supporting a president that was elected in doesn't warrant hate.

But no one really cares about their comments. The rush to accept came from people watching the two-hour footage. The statement is worth a pinch of salt like any statement made - like those made by agents of AFL players etc.

I'm still yet to see the bad behaviour? If the media are grasping at straws for smiling surely they'd be able to turn up some more hate? That's the thing they can't as it doesn't exist. It fits the agenda that they want to push instead of the actual hate the African America group were spreading. Amazing to think we live in a time that smiling is considered worse than what those gentlemen said.

Did you ever think that by coming down on children that did nothing wrong is what reinforces that 'backs against the wall' mentality that is often cited by those responsible for school shootings? Because if the end game is to stop it everyone is doing a funny job by threatening violence and abuse to 16-year-old boys before the entire story comes out. What might decrease it is having a level of self-control when it comes to these situations, waiting to see the full story, and then work on it from there. But we never do that because tomorrow is a new day and there is always another person to accuse of spreading hate.

Going back to the pro-life/pro-abortion stuff. Who at 16 could make logical opinions on key issues? s**t, more people struggle to weigh up the entire issue in their 50's let alone at 16. There really are no boundaries if mobs of self-righteous people on social media flock to attack 16-year-olds. Phillips and the boy should be sat in a room with a few others to discuss the issues - someone should ask Phillips why he lied too. That'd be a good way to stop people from spreading lies to get a few $$$ and some fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back