Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have posted Penrose's research here many times for everyone to see. I have also read all this books. It's bizarre, cause you don't understand a thing. Penrose's OR actually agrees with Koch's IIT about the quantum nature of consciousness. None of the theories are free of criticism, but blindly copy pasting stuff from the net will get you nowhere.

Direct quote from Dr Penrose:

Everything ultimately has to do with our consciousness. Everything else is then explained in terms of it.

Extrapolate that.

I don't have to "extrapolate" anything from your hand picked frame of reference.

I also note the arrogance with which you refer to Penrose as someone people here had never heard about until you spoke about him. You really do have a massively overblown opinion of your intellect.

This is not correct, for a troll insinuates that I am baiting you in defiance of quality evidence.

The truth is, I genuinely believe you are a clueless charlatan.

Missed the point, as usual.

I can see how you could arrive at that conclusion. It's not as if sincerity is your strong suit.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I don't have to "extrapolate" anything from your hand picked frame of reference.

I also note the arrogance with which you refer to Penrose as someone people here had never heard about until you spoke about him. You really do have a massively overblown opinion of your intellect.

Some? i am talking about you here. Go and google OR and compare it with IIT. You might learn a thing or two

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Some? i am talking about you here. Go and google OR and compare it with IIT. You might learn a thing or two

No interest. It's pointless.

Go back and note how Penrose acknowledges that woo-woo peddlers (you) attach themselves to his work.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Ofcourse no interest, you haven't had a clue from the beginning on anything Penrose. Anything more than 3 lines and a picture doesn't interest you.

Penrose advocates non-locality, which differs from the conventional theory of consciousness. Keep digging your own grave. If anything this conversation proves you actually haven't got a clue about anything. Let me help one last time, while i laugh at you one final time.

What are the possible implications for us/for humankind?
  • Hameroff: Quantum processes imply non-locality — conscious connections when physically separated. And Roger proposed that Platonic values embedded in the universe influence our conscious perceptions and choices. We are part of the universe. In my opinion, this has possible implications for spirituality.
https://www.elsevier.com/connect/q-...-on-the-controversial-theory-of-consciousness

How's that egg on face now? do you even know what non-locality is Mr google? should have researched a bit more before blind quoting someone. Proof that you actually are one stubborn individual who doesn't know what he is quoting. I have argued non-locality of consciousness all along and you have just tried to argue "for me" without realsing it. Read you daft **** before quoting someone.

One last time for you

6th-sense-see-idiots.jpg

Now go back posting memes. You are good fit for that. Goodluck

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ofcourse no interest, you haven't had a clue from the beginning on anything Penrose. Anything more than 3 lines and a picture doesn't interest you.

An atypical zealot response.

I make typos, you make multi paragraph mistakes.

Dude, it wasn’t a typo. You said “An atypical...” which means you were fully aware that you were using the word atypical in a sentence.

Admit it, you just thought it sounded clever, didn’t you? :)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dude, it wasn’t a typo. You said “An atypical...” which means you were fully aware that you were using the word atypical in a sentence.

Admit it, you just thought it sounded clever, didn’t you? :)

Hey, you can "read" the planets, so peoples thoughts would be insignificant by comparison.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
How's the meditation going mate :)
It's going pretty well, nothing really happening since the last time we spoke.

Although I've been reading up on Wim Hof and I've been following his breathing techniques and environmental conditioning which in conjunction with the meditation and Bikram Yoga I was already doing is giving me a real sense of well being and suppleness. I'm doing that 10 day Vipassana in late January so I'll see how that goes.

Merry Christmas TP.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
It's going pretty well, nothing really happening since the last time we spoke.

Although I've been reading up on Wim Hof and I've been following his breathing techniques and environmental conditioning which in conjunction with the meditation and Bikram Yoga I was already doing is giving me a real sense of well being and suppleness. I'm doing that 10 day Vipassana in late January so I'll see how that goes.

Merry Christmas TP.

Keep at it mate! it's easy to get disheartened and give up..it's a narrow gate as Jesus said remember.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” Matthew 7:13-14.

Remember the great atheist Sam Harris wrote this:

The conventional sense of self is an illusion [and] spirituality largely consists in realizing this, moment to moment. There are logical and scientific reasons to accept this claim, but recognizing it to be true is not a matter of understanding these reasons. Like many illusions, the sense of self disappears when closely examined, and this is done through the practice of meditation.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/09/29/sam-harris-waking-up-meditation/

It's absolutely hilarious that these modern day wannabe atheists don't recognise this. Meditation is about internal words, got nothing to do with the outside world. An atheist and neuroscienist like Harris can realise this, but cant put sense into the rest of em. It's upto you to discover your true nature, if i tell you, you must not believe me. This is why i am very reluctant to share my experience with anyone, there's no point, cause then it will be ridiculed and all the brain chemicals and hallucination theory will come into play. It's a circular argument leads nowhere. Best is to be your own scientist.

Hope you had a fantastic X-mass mate.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He is a parody of himself. There is no need to own him when he keeps owning himself :D

This is a very alpha statement for someone as "zen" as you claim to be.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sabarimala: India's Kerala paralysed amid protests over temple entry

Violent protests have paralysed the southern Indian state of Kerala after two women made history by entering a prominent Hindu temple. Schools across the state are closed and public transport too has been suspended. One person was killed in clashes on Wednesday. The Sabarimala temple was historically closed to women of "menstruating age", defined as between 10 and 50. The Supreme Court revoked the ban in September, which prompted outrage. On Wednesday, Bindu Ammini, 40, and Kanaka Durga, 39, entered the shrine around dawn and became the first women to do so. Thursday saw a second day of protests across the state. Right-wing groups, supported by India's ruling Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), demanded a state-wide shutdown. They wanted schools, colleges and businesses to remain closed as a sign of protest. The state government, which supports the Supreme Court ruling, stepped up security and deployed police across the state for protection. But fearing violence, schools and shops were closed. And buses did not run as protesters blocked highways and other roads. In total, more than 700 people were arrested on Wednesday and Thursday. Sixty police officers were injured, more than 80 public buses were damaged and at least a dozen police vehicles were attacked.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
News in Brief
Satan Refuses To Accept Any More Catholic Priests In Hell

8/29/18 3:20pm

lbvxksq0y83oslseakyo.jpg

NINTH CIRCLE, HELL—Stressing that the situation in the underworld was quickly spiraling out of control, Satan, the Great Tempter and Father of Lies, announced Wednesday that he would not allow any more Catholic priests to enter hell. “This place is completely overrun with those monsters, and frankly, they kind of creep me out,” said the Prince of Darkness, adding that every time he looked up, he saw another recently deceased member of the Roman Catholic clergy being cast down into the fires of hell, where each is expected to be tortured until the end of time by Satan and his minions. “We’re used to having every manner of unrepentant sinner down here, but those guys are beyond messed up. I swear, if I see one more of those sick bastards, I’m going to throw myself into the eternal flames.” In response, God has reportedly instituted a secret policy whereby the priests would no longer face damnation but would instead attend mandatory counseling sessions and then be quietly transferred into heaven.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Back