Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, those MAGA hats are being worn the same way as people who attend Blair Cottrell rally’s wear Australian flags as capes.
Some are.
Some are also wearing it because they know it enrages people (the only reason why it does is this narrative that keeps getting spread by the MSM that it's now the modern day white hood).
Some also see it as a symbol to highlight their beliefs and patriotism.

It's no surprise. People will always right on the coattails of others. Others will also try and push their narrative. The idea that a hat can generate so much hate really does mystify me. On the odd occasion I admit to watching info wars for a laugh. A friend bought me a t-shirt as a joke. I wear it from time to time because it's a free shirt and it's comfy. I've been sworn at once and called "scum" another time - I mean, it might not have been the shirt but I can't recall a time when I've been called those things haha. The point is - wow we are a sensitive bunch of people. It doesn't have power if you don't give it any (i'm pretty sure our parents said something along those lines (sticks and stones etc.)).

They had their hats with them because they were on an excursion to demonstrate their lack of respect for the rights of grown women. They were in a large excitable group that had been catcalling girls and was feeling confident enough to engage with another group also saying unpleasant stuff that everybody elese was ignoring. Mr Phillips and a small group with him had been at an indigenous march that happened to be at this popular spot on the same day, and thought rightly or wrongly that standing between the two arguing groups would be helpful (in the absence of any other adult, like a teacher travelling with the boys, intervening). The boys moved to surround them and mock them. Now they further enjoy their privilege by having plenty of people backing away from criticism and making excuses for them. There are stills, short clips and long clips and the sequence is the same - the differences are what people want to draw out of this. Is it worth a nationwide, let alone global, carry on that lasts for days? Wouldn't have thought so. Could pretty much everyone there have made better choices? Pretty much, yes. Are the boys entitled little twats who think - and now know - they can get away with whatever they want? Certainly. Would the rection have been different if they weren't all-white private school kids? Yes, all round. It would be nice to think at least some of them will grow out of it and learn something from this, but I doubt their learning will come from either the social media shitstorm or from their school.

Excellent post H2H, and really spot on.

Can't really think of anything to add, except that sadly, this all happened on the same steps where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made his "I Have a Dream" speech over 50 years ago.

The Indigenous attorney CNN interviewed in that clip, Chase Iron Eyes, summed it up well -

"It's emblematic of where we're at in terms of race relations in our country"...."It's exposing the work that we have to do in terms of our social and racial relations and evolution."

Mr. Phillips was doing nothing wrong, marching, and drumming. But the privileged white kid staring him down, actively blocking him, with a creepy and out of place smile on his face, and all his friends chanting behind him like frat boys, needs to come up with a better explanation for his actions.

He might want to take the red hat off first though. It would make him a little easier to believe.

Can't really think of anything to add, except that sadly, this all happened on the same steps where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made his "I Have a Dream" speech over 50 years ago.

The Indigenous attorney CNN interviewed in that clip, Chase Iron Eyes, summed it up well -

"It's emblematic of where we're at in terms of race relations in our country"...."It's exposing the work that we have to do in terms of our social and racial relations and evolution."

Mr. Phillips was doing nothing wrong, marching, and drumming. But the privileged white kid staring him down, actively blocking him, with a creepy and out of place smile on his face, and all his friends chanting behind him like frat boys, needs to come up with a better explanation for his actions.

He might want to take the red hat off first though. It would make him a little easier to believe.
There's a video too, you may have seen it, of a group from Covington harassing women as they walked by.

It's interesting too, conservative politicians and commentators often foam at the mouth when they believing that politics is entering into education, yet the same people have no issue with students being chaperoned by their school to participate in a march that actively seeks to prevent women having control over their own bodies. The hypocrisy is staggering.

So are we supposed to ignore that Phillips lied about being a Vietnam veteran? We are supposed to take the word of Phillips despite him lying about going over to fight in a war and lying about being confronted by kids when it was he who walked up to them. That's 2 lies to zero. Washington Post had to fill out a correction because his lie.

So Phillips did nothing wrong but the boy did? The boy never moved, Phillips approached him. Again the hypocrisy is crazy - he's white, goes to a private school, and is smiling = villain. Where is the shooting down of the actual racist, misogynist, bigots that started the whole thing? There's none. People really need to open the other eye. Every one is too scared to shout down some African African men but are happy to pick on some 16 year old boys. Talk about attacking the easy targets.

I'm glad journalists have lost their job over this and that people will be sued because for threats.

There's a video too, you may have seen it, of a group from Covington harassing women as they walked by.

It's interesting too, conservative politicians and commentators often foam at the mouth when they believing that politics is entering into education, yet the same people have no issue with students being chaperoned by their school to participate in a march that actively seeks to prevent women having control over their own bodies. The hypocrisy is staggering.
The 8 second clip of two girls when they are 10 metres away. Have we learnt nothing from the previous days event. If the entire story isn't there don't assume that something didn't happen prior. No one knows what was said prior to the recording.

We are supposed to take here word for it. The same girl that has written racist tweets including "flies are s**t sucker n+ggers"

"but the hats...the smiling...the whiteness...that's far worse than the actual racism that people have actual evidence of"

Some are.
Some are also wearing it because they know it enrages people (the only reason why it does is this narrative that keeps getting spread by the MSM that it's now the modern day white hood).
Some also see it as a symbol to highlight their beliefs and patriotism.

It's no surprise. People will always right on the coattails of others. Others will also try and push their narrative. The idea that a hat can generate so much hate really does mystify me. On the odd occasion I admit to watching info wars for a laugh. A friend bought me a t-shirt as a joke. I wear it from time to time because it's a free shirt and it's comfy. I've been sworn at once and called "scum" another time - I mean, it might not have been the shirt but I can't recall a time when I've been called those things haha. The point is - wow we are a sensitive bunch of people. It doesn't have power if you don't give it any (i'm pretty sure our parents said something along those lines (sticks and stones etc.)).

It’s like how people got upset because Kaepernick took a knee during the anthem. Why would people get so upset over someone showing their feelings on a political issue. It’s not like the president got involved and now he can’t get a contract or anything...

It’s like how people got upset because Kaepernick took a knee during the anthem. Why would people get so upset over someone showing their feelings on a political issue. It’s not like the president got involved and now he can’t get a contract or anything...
Kaepernick one is interesting. I'm divided on that. On one hand he's well within his rights to do it, on the other hand I don't like seeing that sort of stuff in sports. Sport is sacred to so many and a good chance to escape from all the mess in the outside world. Bringing it in can open up a pandora's box. I much prefer the way the AFL does it in having a select round - dream time, women's round and so forth. Do the other stuff in your own time without club's sponsors etc. Like the Lebron incident. Try to be consistent too - the oppression stuff is good to highlight but you're taking money from Nike...at least switch to a company that is ethically sourced and doesn't use sweatshops to make their items.

So are we supposed to ignore that Phillips lied about being a Vietnam veteran? We are supposed to take the word of Phillips despite him lying about going over to fight in a war and lying about being confronted by kids when it was he who walked up to them. That's 2 lies to zero. Washington Post had to fill out a correction because his lie.

So Phillips did nothing wrong but the boy did? The boy never moved, Phillips approached him. Again the hypocrisy is crazy - he's white, goes to a private school, and is smiling = villain. Where is the shooting down of the actual racist, misogynist, bigots that started the whole thing? There's none. People really need to open the other eye. Every one is too scared to shout down some African African men but are happy to pick on some 16 year old boys. Talk about attacking the easy targets.

I'm glad journalists have lost their job over this and that people will be sued because for threats.

The 8 second clip of two girls when they are 10 metres away. Have we learnt nothing from the previous days event. If the entire story isn't there don't assume that something didn't happen prior. No one knows what was said prior to the recording.

We are supposed to take here word for it. The same girl that has written racist tweets including "flies are s**t sucker n+ggers"

"but the hats...the smiling...the whiteness...that's far worse than the actual racism that people have actual evidence of"
Do you really expect them to have their phone out filming just in case they get harassed? Of course they were 10 metres away because they were walking past as it happened and then got their phone out because they were MAGA hat wearing douches who were harassing them for no reason. It's telling too that this happened before the Phillips confrontation made it to the media, so they have no ulterior motive to make it up that there were these people harassing them, it's just that they were.

I have no clue who the girl is or her history, but there was no reason for her to make stuff up before the Covington stuff even made it to the public domain.

FWIW GG I nave no position on who was wrong and who was right, or anything really, regarding the Phillips-Covington confrontation, but to paint these kids as innocent victims is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Kaepernick one is interesting. I'm divided on that. On one hand he's well within his rights to do it, on the other hand I don't like seeing that sort of stuff in sports. Sport is sacred to so many and a good chance to escape from all the mess in the outside world. Bringing it in can open up a pandora's box. I much prefer the way the AFL does it in having a select round - dream time, women's round and so forth. Do the other stuff in your own time without club's sponsors etc. Like the Lebron incident. Try to be consistent too - the oppression stuff is good to highlight but you're taking money from Nike...at least switch to a company that is ethically sourced and doesn't use sweatshops to make their items.

That cats out of the bag. LBJ is a role model for African Americans, so of course he’s going to stand up. He’s no Kanye. LBJ has slightly less followers then Trump on Twitter so he’s very influential. Side note, I find it hilarious that Obama has about 50,000,000 more followers then Trump, Trump being the narcissist that he is I reckon that would drive him insane.

Do you really expect them to have their phone out filming just in case they get harassed? Of course they were 10 metres away because they were walking past as it happened and then got their phone out because they were MAGA hat wearing douches who were harassing them for no reason. It's telling too that this happened before the Phillips confrontation made it to the media, so they have no ulterior motive to make it up that there were these people harassing them, it's just that they were.

I have no clue who the girl is or her history, but there was no reason for her to make stuff up before the Covington stuff even made it to the public domain.
No reason...other than getting 5 mins of fame like Phillips did? The post got 250k retweets. She's thirsty - look at a few before that tagging in Arianna Grande etc. hoping for retweets or a like. Welcome to social media. Again, actual racist word used vs. white kids wearing a hat. It's "harassment" yet we have no idea if her and her friend said anything prior. You have zero proof of anything which is worrying as I had hoped people learnt their lesson about snippets of information and yet here we are a day later...:drunk:

That cats out of the bag. LBJ is a role model for African Americans, so of course he’s going to stand up. He’s no Kanye. LBJ has slightly less followers then Trump on Twitter so he’s very influential. Side note, I find it hilarious that Obama has about 50,000,000 more followers then Trump, Trump being the narcissist that he is I reckon that would drive him insane.
Stand up for what though. He's basically virtue signalling. Standing up would be saying "stuff the people I feel are holding down black people, and stuff those people making insane profits and holding down people in foreign countries". But of course he isn't going to do that because Nike pay him. He's not even willing to take a hit financially, if anything he's done it for more media attention and to guarantee a career post-basketball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stand up for what though. He's basically virtue signalling. Standing up would be saying "stuff the people I feel are holding down black people, and stuff those people making insane profits and holding down people in foreign countries". But of course he isn't going to do that because Nike pay him. He's not even willing to take a hit financially, if anything he's done it for more media attention and to guarantee a career post-basketball.

Do you really think LeBron needs to do anything to guarantee media attention post playing career?

No reason...other than getting 5 mins of fame like Phillips did? The post got 250k retweets. She's thirsty - look at a few before that tagging in Arianna Grande etc. hoping for retweets or a like. Welcome to social media. Again, actual racist word used vs. white kids wearing a hat. It's "harassment" yet we have no idea if her and her friend said anything prior. You have zero proof of anything which is worrying as I had hoped people learnt their lesson about snippets of information and yet here we are a day later...:drunk:
LOL come one GG. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing, just from the opposite POV. You're looking for anything that paints them as innocent kids, and ignoring everything to the contrary to feed your own confirmation bias.

Also, this is the video. It certainly looks like they're heckling the girls to me, who got their phone out to film in response. It's laughable too that you say that because she tagged Ariana Grande in a previous tweet, it means that she's 'thirsty' and looking for likes, especially considering that this was done before Covington even hit the news. LOL it was done in the context of a meme and is no different to any young person, who all do it. Again, dat confirmation bias. At least don't engage in hypocrisy, mate. I also haven't seen any hard evidence that she's racist herself, but I mean that's not to say it's not true, and if so, it's obviously abhorrent. EDIT: Just saw screenshots of her previous tweets from 6 years ago. It looks like they're being posted by bots and there are some suggestion they've been shopped to discredit her, but on face value they're awful. Still doesn't change what's actually in the video though.

You're the one that goes on about evidence, but then suggest, "Well, who knows what was said beforehand." Surely you can see your own contradiction and confirmation bias there?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the intersection of Humphries Rd. and Nepean Hwy in Mt. Eliza/Frankston? Well, if you are at the lights there, heading towards Mornington, the very first house you see on the left hand side is this gorgeous bright white double story, peak roofed, weatherboard house that has been immaculately kept for years and years. Anyway, my mum always told me that it was where Humphrey B Bear lived. Entirely recently I have introduced my little boy to said bear, told him where he lived and it came to a point on Monday when we decided to see if Humphrey was home. So we went and knocked on the door and an obviously quite affluent retired gent opened the door. I introduced my self and my son to him and told him how my mum had always said that this was where Humphrey had lived, and that now my little boy knows, and we were wondering if Humphrey could come out to play! This fella, without batting an eyelid, looked at my son and said " Well I am sorry to say that Humphrey is out today, he is busy doing Humphrey things, but if you'd like to come back another day to see if he is here, then that would be fine". My little boy replied "well that could be a good idea"! I thanked the man, grabbed my sons hand and he deadset skipped all the way to the car without shutting up once.

He must still be around Bigfooty somewhere right? He came in here and racked up thousands of posts in a short time.
Someone that invested here doesn't just stop and watch reruns of mash do they? Then again, perhaps he was writing a thesis on internet forums and trolled us all the way!
Who has an account that started in the month after I BU was given the @rse!

I and Nate7 had a PM with him in new guise a whilst after the ban and basically he thought we could all gagf with the rules etc we all live by here

Not seen since

It’s over Moby

Does anyone know the intersection of Humphries Rd. and Nepean Hwy in Mt. Eliza/Frankston? Well, if you are at the lights there, heading towards Mornington, the very first house you see on the left hand side is this gorgeous bright white double story, peak roofed, weatherboard house that has been immaculately kept for years and years. Anyway, my mum always told me that it was where Humphrey B Bear lived. Entirely recently I have introduced my little boy to said bear, told him where he lived and it came to a point on Monday when we decided to see if Humphrey was home. So we went and knocked on the door and an obviously quite affluent retired gent opened the door. I introduced my self and my son to him and told him how my mum had always said that this was where Humphrey had lived, and that now my little boy knows, and we were wondering if Humphrey could come out to play! This fella, without batting an eyelid, looked at my son and said " Well I am sorry to say that Humphrey is out today, he is busy doing Humphrey things, but if you'd like to come back another day to see if he is here, then that would be fine". My little boy replied "well that could be a good idea"! I thanked the man, grabbed my sons hand and he deadset skipped all the way to the car without shutting up once.

Best story on this page

I’m only commenting based on the film clip that you posted Groin. Phillips’ history or non-history in Vietnam is not germane to the comment I’m making on 19 minutes of cell phone video that you put up.

Phillips was walking slowly amongst a throng of various protesters, drumming, not making eye contact with anyone. The Catholic school kid walked right up to him and stood squarely in front of him, well within his personal space, actively blocking him, and staring at him. In a situation like that, his smiling was very out of place, and came off as confrontational and arrogant. The body language here was obvious, and If he’d pulled that move with another white male he’d probably have gotten punched in the face.

Sure the lunatic black guy spewing hate throughout most of it deserves criticism. But no one listens to people who rave like that. Some people were even laughing at him. The media isn’t going to pay any attention to people that aren’t worth taking seriously, and rightly so. That guy is just one looney standing on a corner yelling at the world. He’s not the future of the country, nor is he in any position of power, especially not since he is also black. But the privileged white Catholic school kids are, and they know it. They are the future of America as it stands, and this is where the difference lies, and this is why it should rightly have gotten the media attention that it did. And sadly, under Trump, white privilege is only being more emboldened. THIS is what matters, and this is the real issue, not whether or not Phillips fought in Vietnam.

I and Nate7 had a PM with him in new guise a whilst after the ban and basically he thought we could all gagf with the rules etc we all live by here

Not seen since

It’s over Moby

Yep, had one or two accounts.
Basically said we were part of the problem for abiding by forum rules - righto!

Then there was the not so subtle, "look who's back" first post. A number of posters realised who it was and told him where to go.

LOL come one GG. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing, just from the opposite POV. You're looking for anything that paints them as innocent kids, and ignoring everything to the contrary to feed your own confirmation bias.

Also, this is the video. It certainly looks like they're heckling the girls to me, who got their phone out to film in response. It's laughable too that you say that because she tagged Ariana Grande in a previous tweet, it means that she's 'thirsty' and looking for likes, especially considering that this was done before Covington even hit the news. LOL it was done in the context of a meme and is no different to any young person, who all do it. Again, dat confirmation bias. At least don't engage in hypocrisy, mate. I also haven't seen any hard evidence that she's racist herself, but I mean that's not to say it's not true, and if so, it's obviously abhorrent. EDIT: Just saw screenshots of her previous tweets from 6 years ago. It looks like they're being posted by bots and there are some suggestion they've been shopped to discredit her, but on face value they're awful. Still doesn't change what's actually in the video though.

You're the one that goes on about evidence, but then suggest, "Well, who knows what was said beforehand." Surely you can see your own contradiction and confirmation bias there?

This girl was exposed as a racist moron.

I’m only commenting based on the film clip that you posted Groin. Phillips’ history or non-history in Vietnam is not germane to the comment I’m making on 19 minutes of cell phone video that you put up.

Phillips was walking slowly amongst a throng of various protesters, drumming, not making eye contact with anyone. The Catholic school kid walked right up to him and stood squarely in front of him, well within his personal space, actively blocking him, and staring at him. In a situation like that, his smiling was very out of place, and came off as confrontational and arrogant. The body language here was obvious, and If he’d pulled that move with another white male he’d probably have gotten punched in the face.

Sure the lunatic black guy spewing hate throughout most of it deserves criticism. But no one listens to people who rave like that. Some people were even laughing at him. The media isn’t going to pay any attention to people that aren’t worth taking seriously, and rightly so. That guy is just one looney standing on a corner yelling at the world. He’s not the future of the country, nor is he in any position of power, especially not since he is also black. But the privileged white Catholic school kids are, and they know it. They are the future of America as it stands, and this is where the difference lies, and this is why it should rightly have gotten the media attention that it did. And sadly, under Trump, white privilege is only being more emboldened. THIS is what matters, and this is the real issue, not whether or not Phillips fought in Vietnam.
White privilege, really, we are going down this rabbit hole again. You want to know the real issue with all this, it isn’t Phillips, it isn’t the moronic African Americans shouting slurs or even the kids, it was the blatant lying by the media on the topic in order to whip up ‘white male privilege’ like hysteria. What made this boy an easy target I wonder and got disgusting grubs sending death threats to him and his family? That smirking lad was White, Christian, male and a Trump supporter, everything that the modern left hates and the media knows it as both sides have fed off it. You accuse Trump of emboldening hate, then what do you call CNN effectively calling for this kid’s head? So much for the tolerant left, absolute hypocrites.

This girl was exposed as a racist moron.
Covered that in the post you quoted. Doesn't change the content of the video though.

White privilege, really, we are going down this rabbit hole again. You want to know the real issue with all this, it isn’t Phillips, it isn’t the moronic African Americans shouting slurs or even the kids, it was the blatant lying by the media on the topic in order to whip up ‘white male privilege’ like hysteria. What made this boy an easy target I wonder and got disgusting grubs sending death threats to him and his family? That smirking lad was White, Christian, male and a Trump supporter, everything that the modern left hates and the media knows it as both sides have fed off it. You accuse Trump of emboldening hate, then what do you call CNN effectively calling for this kid’s head? So much for the tolerant left, absolute hypocrites.
Indeed because the right-leaning media and comentariat has never done that before. Never lied, never whipped up conspiracy theories, never misrepresented black victims of violence, denying youth to black kids while using it as an excuse for white kids etc, etc, etc. The hypocrisy is on all the sides, not to mention the hypocrisy that I pointed out earlier about the keeping politics out of school when it's something that they disagree with, yet not a word that members of an all-boys school engaging in a political march with the intention of denying women control of their own bodies. But it's strange that people like you, K4E (and this isn't a personal dig, because I think we actually get along quite well on here and I like you) very rarely mention this hypocrisy, only when there's an opportunity to have a dig at the amorphous 'Left.'

It's also worth pointing out that many people withdrew their comments and apologised when the entire sequence of events was revealed. Now they shouldn't have been so quick to comment in the first place of course, but that's the nature of the beast in the digital age, but it's important they did withdraw. That's something you will almost never, ever see on the conservative side of politics or media.

Last edited:
I have not watched, read about or educated myself on any of the above topic.

I simply came here to post this random, non-footy thought not worthy of a thread.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back