• Lobbe

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No one

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lang for me. No pre season for 2 years in a row but (touch wood) is getting one atm.

Seen a stack of the kid and feel he is a great swing man when needed. He would do well off half back imo. Hope they pick him over bugg if both are fit

Pretty sure he's still in a rehab group and not full training yet.

Someone mentioned he was running laps with Marchbank, or at least trying to keep up with Marchbank...

Garlett for me.

Great skills and quick.

Shoulder really hurt him last year and IMO wasn't ready be back in at AFL level last year which is why we picked him up with last pick in the draft.

Looks in great nick and I reckon is ready to show us a few magic tricks.

True mongrels know how to hurt opposition physically and fairly and if fair doesn't work - professional hurting frees to stop a sure goal are always welcome. Mongrels force opposition players to play with perceived threat/pressure in their heads. I'm not questioning Simmo's bravery - that is a something all players have to have just to play the game.
So your talking about dirty mongrels, and thats a whole different thing. Not sure we have any of those frankly.

I reckon Plowman has some mongrel in there.
Simmo is a blue heeler pure breed mongrel.
Jones a Brahmin bull.
Weiters is a remorseless fighting machine in the making. Big men will leave the ground stunned after his silent physical contact and blood curdling stare
Marchy is going to be a hard nut.
We are ok......
Thunder thighs Kennedy is a good country kid who I reckon will relish crunching the packs. Bread em tough in the country !

I reckon Plowman has some mongrel in there.
Simmo is a blue heeler pure breed mongrel.
Jones a Brahmin bull.
Weiters is a remorseless fighting machine in the making. Big men will leave the ground stunned after his silent physical contact and blood curdling stare
Marchy is going to be a hard nut.
We are ok......

Not every player has to be a mongrel so it's not a criticism but Weitering has to be the least mongrel player at the club. He relies on skills and smarts primarily...

Not every player has to be a mongrel so it's not a criticism but Weitering has to be the least mongrel player at the club. He relies on skills and smarts primarily...

I know what we've seen to date, but this isn't indicative of Weitering when he was 17.

If and when Weitering starts performing like a boss, as he did in his junior years, i feel that mongrel will show up again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've liked what I've seen of SPS.
New role (relatively new role) will allow him freedom and along with Docherty by his side, SPS could become a weapon.

Midfielder to HBF'er isn't the hardest of transitions either.
SPS was not ‘doing a Jones’ was he?

I think ‘doing a Jones?’ means that a player languishes in the VFL, who is derided by supporters, then resurrects his career by a positional or other change and in doing so becomes a bit of a fan favourite in the Seniors.

Lang and Macreadie are perhaps the 2 coming from far enough back to ‘do a Jones’ ...

SPS was not ‘doing a Jones’ was he?

I think ‘doing a Jones?’ means that a player languishes in the VFL, who is derided by supporters, then resurrects his career by a positional or other change and in doing so becomes a bit of a fan favourite in the Seniors.

Lang and Macreadie are perhaps the 2 coming from far enough back to ‘do a Jones’ ...

Yeah this is correct.

Jones was on the scrap heap then miraculously turned his career around with a move into defense.

Our 2019 candidate was clearly Levi who had a career year at 29 yet at the start of the season he too was also a near certainty to lose his spot on the list.

Lang, Macreadie, Polson are the three prime candidates for 2020.

Back