Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting into the 2019 year we need a place to discuss all this...

There is some vague discussion of the TK situation.

What willl it take to get him?

Will he stay?

Who in the FA world should we be talking to given these things are in the works 12 months ahead.

Get it all here

GO Catters

One name which springs to mind for mine would be Jack Darling. Restricted FA at the end of the year. Big call, but with salary cap space theres no reason not to ask the question.

Absolutely. That 3rd tall lead up forward who can kick bags of goals is just what we need. The guy is a gun. People will no doubt criticise his finals performances, but I think he turned the corner in last years GF. After what can only be described as a shocking first half, he took the game by the scruff of the neck in the 3rd quarter and massively helped turn the game the Eagles way. That took some courage and guts after that horrible first half and previous finals flops. I'd be throwing some serious money at him. If we're to get players like this, we need to throw up the money.

I would give my left nut to land Cogs. Absolute gun of a player and would add so much. Can't see it happening though
Ablett Taylor Smith Kelly (projected wage) off the books. Might be closer than you think. Dangerfield, Joel and Hawkins only ones on the list on serious money you’d imagine?

Ablett Taylor Smith Kelly (projected wage) off the books. Might be closer than you think. Dangerfield, Joel and Hawkins only ones on the list on serious money you’d imagine?
Nah it's not the cash that bothers me, its the fact that we're not even in the conversation surrounding him. At this stage, it's either West Coast or Hawthorn. It is early days though, so if we made a play, could be a chance.

A midfield of Cogs, Sel, Danger, Duncan, Parfitt, Cockatoo, Menegola, Dahlhaus, all fit and firing, would be a dream come true.

Smith adds nothing to the side at all. Stanley is only good for spare parts too. Im looking forward to seeing Fort and Abbott hopefully really challenge each other.

It’s looking like Darcy and Rhys are our starting rucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People keep harping on about a ruckman. We've got 4 and they're all competent enough.

Fort will surprises those proclaiming we need a ruckman, just as Stanley did last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep harping on about a ruckman. We've got 4 and they're all competent enough.

Fort will surprises those proclaiming we need a ruckman, just as Stanley did last year.

I really want to see what Fort has to offer. I reckon he could do well but want to see him in action. Same with Rabbit - I like his 3 games last year and reckon he can gain a lot from the preseason and his bigger frame will help as well.

These are 2 blokes from the hills really and could be anything. No guarantee to succeed but IMO this is their only shot and they will take it as best as they can.

GO Catters

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-18/bigname-deals-thin-out-2019-free-agency-list

It would seem Coniglio would be the hot name here ..

A selection of 2019's prospective free agents
CARLTON
Levi Casboult
Matthew Kreuzer

FREMANTLE
Stephen Hill

GOLD COAST
David Swallow

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Adam Tomlinson
Stephen Coniglio
Nick Haynes

HAWTHORN
Grant Birchall
Liam Shiels
Ben Stratton

MELBOURNE
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Majak Daw
Todd Goldstein

RICHMOND
David Astbury
Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards

ST KILDA
Jarryn Geary
Jack Newnes

WEST COAST
Shannon Hurn
Josh Kennedy
Nic Naitanui
Brad Sheppard

Absolutely. That 3rd tall lead up forward who can kick bags of goals is just what we need. The guy is a gun. People will no doubt criticise his finals performances, but I think he turned the corner in last years GF. After what can only be described as a shocking first half, he took the game by the scruff of the neck in the 3rd quarter and massively helped turn the game the Eagles way. That took some courage and guts after that horrible first half and previous finals flops. I'd be throwing some serious money at him. If we're to get players like this, we need to throw up the money.

Spot on true these are the guys that win flags.
Kreuger may be able to play that role in the future but the importance of a fast running agile marking 3rd tall forward cannot be understated.
Think we missed a good one in Hately and from what l hear Ely Smith is ripping it up at Brisbane and Collier Dawkins at Richmond.
I reckon those guys will be future stars, beats me why we don't trade harder to cover deficiencies when the talent is available and obvious.
Our position in the draft was aweful considering the available talent.

Last edited:
Spot on true these are the guys that win flags.
Kreuger may be able to play that role in the future but the importance of a fast running agile marking 3rd tall forward cannot be understated.
Think we missed a good one in Hately and from what l hear Ely Smith is ripping it up at Brisbane and Collier Dawkins at Richmond.
I reckon those guys will be future stars, beats me why we don't trade harder to cover deficiencies when the talent is available and obvious.
Our position in the draft was aweful considering the available talent.

ummmm.. The Trade for Krueger was exactly that was it not? We lack talented tall forward marking options. Ill leave out Hawkins as the obvious, but Sav * hurt) Buzza ( cant see and mark well) and.... whom else is there? Henry is a defender, HT is in his last year and Hendo is a defender.

So with the advent of the AFL's new "priority pick" supplement Wells and the club traded a pick away (40 from memory) to secure Freddy.

Is that not doing exactly what you said they didnt? They traded ( hard is subjective) to cover the deficiency we have at CHF? And we did it to prevent hm being poached earlier than 40. Now im not suggesting its gonna work out and it could bust ( as RCD, Smith, and Hately could all do too) but id say there's evidence to suggest the club did exactly what you are saying they didnt.

Go Catters

ummmm.. The Trade for Krueger was exactly that was it not? We lack talented tall forward marking options. Ill leave out Hawkins as the obvious, but Sav * hurt) Buzza ( cant see and mark well) and.... whom else is there? Henry is a defender, HT is in his last year and Hendo is a defender.

So with the advent of the AFL's new "priority pick" supplement Wells and the club traded a pick away (40 from memory) to secure Freddy.

Is that not doing exactly what you said they didnt? They traded ( hard is subjective) to cover the deficiency we have at CHF? And we did it to prevent hm being poached earlier than 40. Now im not suggesting its gonna work out and it could bust ( as RCD, Smith, and Hately could all do too) but id say there's evidence to suggest the club did exactly what you are saying they didnt.

Go Catters

Get your point Daz they recognize that importance but I reckon we urred when the opportunity to secure another genuine tall mid who could press fwd as another marking target was squandered.
Just me as usual Daz not happy with the balance.

Get your point Daz they recognize that importance but I reckon we urred when the opportunity to secure another genuine tall mid who could press fwd as another marking target was squandered.
Just me as usual Daz not happy with the balance.
Another tall mid wound be useful no doubt - but if we had to prioritize I’d have CHF over clearances atm.. but yes both valid areas to develop.

Go Catters

Another tall mid wound be useful no doubt - but if we had to prioritize I’d have CHF over clearances atm.. but yes both valid areas to develop.

Go Catters

I usually get criticism over the suggestion of a taller option fwd or tall/mid fwd optional goalkicker, but where would've we been without the contributions of Menegola and Dangerfield to assist our scoring capacity.
I know l always make this an issue but l believe it's so important to future success.

Last edited:

Because we have seasons of information on these guys. If you have tracked the careers and the flow on contract statuses you can clearly see it's in flux and only a short term bandaid. The hope is esava can ruck a bit yes darcy Fort has put his hand up this pre-season but if pick 65 is coming in mature age Ruck and the captain says it's an open comp you have huge deficiencies on the area it's a clear weakness compared to other areas of the ground. That's a fact

Rhys Stanley ( 28 )
111 Games
2018 ( 15 )

(52)games geelong out of a possible ( 94 )

Career under 15 games ( 6 )
Over 15 games ( 3 )

Career high (19)
2018 ( 3 )

Above 15 games ( 4 )
Under 15 games ( 4 )

Ryan Abbott

27 years old

2018 (3 games )

Darcy Fort

Pick 65
Mature age 25

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-190727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-190727_Chrome.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 142
Because we have seasons of information on these guys. If you have tracked the careers and the flow on contract statuses you can clearly see it's in flux and only a short term bandaid. The hope is esava can ruck a bit yes darcy Fort has put his hand up this pre-season but if pick 65 is coming in mature age Ruck and the captain says it's an open comp you have huge deficiencies on the area it's a clear weakness compared to other areas of the ground. That's a fact

Rhys Stanley ( 28 )
111 Games
2018 ( 15 )

(52)games geelong out of a possible ( 94 )

Career under 15 games ( 6 )
Over 15 games ( 3 )

Career high (19)
2018 ( 3 )

Above 15 games ( 4 )
Under 15 games ( 4 )

Ryan Abbott

27 years old

2018 (3 games )

Darcy Fort

Pick 65
Mature age 25

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-18/bigname-deals-thin-out-2019-free-agency-list

It would seem Coniglio would be the hot name here ..

A selection of 2019's prospective free agents
CARLTON
Levi Casboult
Matthew Kreuzer

FREMANTLE
Stephen Hill

GOLD COAST
David Swallow

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Adam Tomlinson
Stephen Coniglio
Nick Haynes

HAWTHORN
Grant Birchall
Liam Shiels
Ben Stratton

MELBOURNE
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Majak Daw
Todd Goldstein

RICHMOND
David Astbury
Brandon Ellis
Shane Edwards

ST KILDA
Jarryn Geary
Jack Newnes

WEST COAST
Shannon Hurn
Josh Kennedy
Nic Naitanui
Brad Sheppard
David Swallow signed a contract extension... Not sure about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back