Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So they have swapped the days of the Mixed and Men's doubles finals this year according to the app? The mixed is Saturday and the Men's doubles on Sunday.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love Federer but my favourite games have always been Djokovic Nadal. Just brutal mentally and physically. I think Nadal is in better form but I hope Novak gets up.

Also this is 9 slams straight won by the immortal 3
They've won all but 8 since 03. Absolutely incredible players

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Stat mentioned on the Tennis Podcast:

Osaka looking to become the 4th first time slam winner to back it up at the next slam:
- no man in the Open Era has done it
- last man (Amateur Era) was John Newcombe (1967 TCW, US)
- last woman to do it was Capriati (2001 AU, FR)
- 2nd woman: Chris Evert (1974 FR, TCW)
- 1st woman: Evonne Goolagong (1971 FR, TCW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Don't really mind who wins, would be nice for Naomi to win a GS without being it overshadowed by controversy and after what Kivitova has been through it would be nice for her to win too. I think Kivitova will have the edge.

Hoping Aussie pair Astra Sharma and JP Smith can get it done in the mixed doubles final afterwards against third seeds Barbora Krejcikova and Rajeev Ram. They've beaten a few decent combos along the way so I think they are a real chance :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm back! Hope no one missed me. Hope no one forgot about me either.

Osaka in 3 sets.
A very interesting women's final.Kvitova is in great form and hasn't put a foot wrong so far.Osaka has had to work harder but her ability to fight and when behind cannot be underestimated.From a betting point of view I might back Osaka if she goes down a break and back her in from there.The crowd should be behind her.

Sempfy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am going for Petra Kvitova to win this one. Considering what she's had to go through I think it would be a remarkable achievement if she was able to lift the trophy tonight. Osaka would be a great champion too but she's only 21 and has a lot more time on her side.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Tournament form rating:
Kvitova 9.5
Osaka 8.5

What makes this so intriguing is that it's their first meeting. I also wonder how osaka copes with left handers. Both playing for #1. Both have great games to watch. Looking forward to it.

Back