Prediction Where will we finish this year?

Where do you think the Cats will finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

-
You wouldn't have the faintest what went on between me and the club and you will never know because it's no ones business and i can financially help whoever i feel like helping and the club knows damn well why.

Wayne Scott from Scott's Transport in SA who i know well cancelled a sponsorship package of well over 100K at Port Adelaide and called them chokers, he was right they were chokers at the time and when he withdrew his sponsorship everyone one at the club got a kick up the arse and a stern talking to about this choking s**t, it worked they didn't choke and Mark Williams let Scott know after the game. Do you think it worried Scott? not in the least.

Your dreaming, the only front i rip the club on is about Scott who can't coach or develop.

Its "you're"

Thanks for confirming my post. Where you spend your $$ is your business and as I stated you don't have to spend $$ on the club. Actively promoting and bragging about sending money to other clubs does not a GFC supporter make - so you aint.

As for the PA stuff
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/port-adelaide-est-1870.28/
Take it here. Dont care. 119 hurts still huh. After all -you are a PA member so i'll bet it does..... but you get access to the PA game right? Winner.

GO Catters

Its "you're"

Thanks for confirming my post. Where you spend your $$ is your business and as I stated you don't have to spend $$ on the club. Actively promoting and bragging about sending money to other clubs does not a GFC supporter make - so you aint.

As for the PA stuff
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/port-adelaide-est-1870.28/
Take it here. Dont care. 119 hurts still huh. After all -you are a PA member so i'll bet it does..... but you get access to the PA game right? Winner.

GO Catters
How old are you?

I think I'd back in Wayne Carey's opinion to be honest. He does know what he's talking about despite people who may believe otherwise. Ablett's intent is there no doubt, his body just won't allow him to do the things he would like to which is completely understandable. Despite the stats and heat maps you're referring to, I personally don't believe he was effective defensively last season, others will disagree.

I'm not criticising the great man, but I believe he needs to spend more time forward. Rohan and Dahlhaus will provide enough pressure and lock the ball in. Playing him on a wing which another poster mooted would be an absolute disaster imo.
Except Carey was forced to retract his opinion on Ablett half way through the season, admitting he got it wrong.

But each to their own, I guess. I think he will play midfield again, with rotations where he is needed. I'm not sure what benefit we would get with him forward that we couldn't get from the centreline, is all.

Except Carey was forced to retract his opinion on Ablett half way through the season, admitting he got it wrong.

But each to their own, I guess. I think he will play midfield again, with rotations where he is needed. I'm not sure what benefit we would get with him forward that we couldn't get from the centreline, is all.

Fair enough. I'd just like to see the next wave coming through spending more time in the middle. Parfitt, Narkle, Constable etc. On paper we had the best midfield in the comp last year, but as a collective they underperformed. It just didn't work out as we'd hoped. If I see Sel, Danger and Ablett all lining up in the middle for a large majority of the game, personally, I think we're in trouble..

Fair enough. I'd just like to see the next wave coming through spending more time in the middle. Parfitt, Narkle, Constable etc. On paper we had the best midfield in the comp last year, but as a collective they underperformed. It just didn't work out as we'd hoped. If I see Sel, Danger and Ablett all lining up in the middle for a large majority of the game, personally, I think we're in trouble..
I think Constable should get some games, but he and Narkle are a long way off carrying a midfield. We will still need those three in the centre, with more help from Duncan, Menegola and Kelly I reckon.

Either way, it's a good position to be in debating whether our captain and two Brownlow medallists should play in the centre.

How old are you?
Old enough to know you are the one tantruming by holding you breath so hard that you actually spent money on 17 other club memberships to prove a point that’s now detonated in your face

Go Catters

I'm thinking 7th or 8th again this year. It will be interesting to see if Dalhouse & Rohan can give our forward line more grunt. TBone was pretty much doing it alone by the end of the 2018 season. The young players need to step up big time of we're going to win a flag, and I mean big time. The interesting factor will also be seeing how Kelly goes after the club wouldn't trade him. Will the Sav Rat 'arrive'? The talents there to be a great team, but getting it all to click into that devastating unit might take a better coach than the one we've got.

I quite like dalhaus free agent so didn't cost Sydney gave rohan away allegedly a ripping bloke though so I'm sure he will fit in with the club never player over 16 games in a season is the worry.

Like with all these Henderson, 2e type moves you will get a return early although it's short term gain. If you can't pinch a few finals or big wins along the way you end up with a fail because of assets out.

Even this season regardless of all the turnover we still go in with roughly 4th oldest list at 24.2 years give or take a touch.

I think this year will define the strategy for the future still slightly in a holding pattern at the moment.

Old enough to know you are the one tantruming by holding you breath so hard that you actually spent money on 17 other club memberships to prove a point
It's actually more than 17 counting NRL and A League clubs and I don't spend money to prove points, i spend money for business reasons.
that’s now detonated in your face
Go Catters
You don't know the full facts between me and the club, but i know who's face it detonated in.

Last edited:
I quite like dalhaus free agent so didn't cost Sydney gave rohan away allegedly a ripping bloke though so I'm sure he will fit in with the club never player over 16 games in a season is the worry.

Like with all these Henderson, 2e type moves you will get a return early although it's short term gain. If you can't pinch a few finals or big wins along the way you end up with a fail because of assets out.

Even this season regardless of all the turnover we still go in with roughly 4th oldest list at 24.2 years give or take a touch.

I think this year will define the strategy for the future still slightly in a holding pattern at the moment.
This average age thing irks me a little. Collingwood, West Coast and Adelaide are all older, but we have a problem?

More so, when you average the age of forty odd players, the one year difference between the youngest list and ours is borderline inconsequential.

Also, proven experience is more important than an average age - the number of games played, and we again rank competitively with Richmond and Adelaide. But even that is a bit of a dodgy metric.

Lastly, we would look a lot better had we not listed Ablett and sent Taylor to the knackery, but they would be two players I want in any clinch game over a 24 year old.

I think I'd back in Wayne Carey's opinion to be honest. He does know what he's talking about despite people who may believe otherwise. Ablett's intent is there no doubt, his body just won't allow him to do the things he would like to which is completely understandable. Despite the stats and heat maps you're referring to, I personally don't believe he was effective defensively last season, others will disagree.

I'm not criticising the great man, but I believe he needs to spend more time forward. Rohan and Dahlhaus will provide enough pressure and lock the ball in. Playing him on a wing which another poster mooted would be an absolute disaster imo.

Absolutely agree.

Am honestly at a loss where he should play as I reckon Touhey, Rohan and Cunico on the wings. My best bet is GAJ swinging between fwd and centre. Possibly rotating with Dahl. His limitations overhead makes it a touch tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shows exactly how much notice you take of my posts, i hardly ever bag players, in fact the only ones i bagged in the past were Murdoch, Menzel and GHS and shows i was right as the club thought the same and moved them on and the othe is Ablett which i still think we would have been better off pumping games into a youngster.

I've been positive many times, always praising Parfitt, Danger etc. Have said that Tarca and Kreuger were great picks plus heaps more.

The only thing i ever bag is our stupid coach who i think is a dud, i realise we ain't winning a flag every year and i'm fine with that, what i'm not fine with is not seeing how we improve to challenge for a flag under this dud, so get your facts straight.

Fair enough but Scott is not a dud. Something is not quite right but I would back him in to change the game style up to meet challenges.

He may not overcome all the challenges in one year which is required to win a GF.

Absolutely agree.

Am honestly at a loss where he should play as I reckon Touhey, Rohan and Cunico on the wings. My best bet is GAJ swinging between fwd and centre. Possibly rotating with Dahl. His limitations overhead makes it a touch tricky.

Curious as to why would you play him forward where his options for kicking goals are to be end of a chain, and many times marking overhead? This push to have him forward doesn't make sense to me, it diminishes his strengths - decision making and delivery, and will emphasise one of his weaknesses in his shoulders.

Those strengths are not affected by age, by the way. If he has the ball he will always be a top notch decision maker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, the club wants me back by the amount of calls i get from them but realistic i know they're just after money cause they wouldn't give a rats about supporters as such.

What evidence is there that they don’t give two hoots about supporters and members? I don’t feel that way.

It's actually more than 17 counting NRL and A League clubs and I don't spend money to prove points, i spend money for business reasons.

You don't know the full facts between me and the club, but i know who's face it detonated in.

You are really struggling to keep the story together lol.

You now say you dont spend money to prove points - but you withheld your GFC membership to do exactly that- your words - and then follow it up with an PA example about a team choking your "mate" pulling a 100k sponsorship in protest - but you dont spend money to prove a point. Sure.. ok.

Once again you validate the point of not being a supporter and your purpose here being anything but supportive.

Oh.. and congrats on A League, NBL, Supercars, Pigeon, Snail Race and any betting at the TAB. Hope it goes well for you.
Of course, it means nothing to me and bares zero relevance to anything here and nothing to do with supporting GFC but nice attempt at deflection.
The issue is your presence on a GFC supporter site not how much money you have.

Go Catters

Last edited:
This average age thing irks me a little. Collingwood, West Coast and Adelaide are all older, but we have a problem?

More so, when you average the age of forty odd players, the one year difference between the youngest list and ours is borderline inconsequential.

Also, proven experience is more important than an average age - the number of games played, and we again rank competitively with Richmond and Adelaide. But even that is a bit of a dodgy metric.

Lastly, we would look a lot better had we not listed Ablett and sent Taylor to the knackery, but they would be two players I want in any clinch game over a 24 year old.

Average age of the whole list doesn't matter because you have at least 10 players on the list who wont play.

It's how old is your top 25 and how old are your gun players.

It's also how far from peak age are they (around 26)?

Only Sydney and Carlton have worse age profiles than we do.

Richmond, Adelaide and WC are around the middle of the pack for their age profile. Richmond are a bit better but their guns are quite old now so it'll be interesting to see how they hold up this year.

We are so bad because we have a high number of players over the age of 28 and a huge number of guys who are 20 or younger. Old and cooked or young and inexperienced.

You now say you dont spend money to prove points - but you withheld your GFC membership to do exactly that- your words - and then follow it up with an PA example about a team choking your "mate" pulling a 100k sponsorship in protest - but you dont spend money to prove a point. Sure.. ok.

Once again you validate the point of not being a supporter and your purpose here being anything but supportive.

Oh.. and congrats on A League, NBL, Supercars, Pigeon, Snail Race and any betting at the TAB. Hope it goes well for you.
Of course, it means nothing to me and bares zero relevance to anything here and nothing to do with supporting GFC but nice attempt at deflection.

Go Catters
Actively financially supporting all other clubs is traitorous i agree.

But one should still be able to express criticism on this board of the clubs decisions.

I for one found the Scott extension a bad call and havent had reason to change my thinking on that.

Fair enough but Scott is not a dud. Something is not quite right but I would back him in to change the game style up to meet challenges.

He may not overcome all the challenges in one year which is required to win a GF.

Its the midfield thats our issue and which is a coaching thing largely.

Scott has talked up changing things a bit. While to some of us the Melb final last year had a sense of predictability about it, i get the impression it shocked Scott and Cook up a bit. Id like to think we see a different approach to our game plan

We already have.

The 2016 haul was an absolute ripper, and we didn't have a first round pick that year.

National Draft
Pick 26 - Brandan Parfitt
Pick 40 - Tom Stewart
Pick 43 - Esava Ratugolea
Pick 60 - Quinton Narkle
Pick 69 - Ryan Abbott

Rookie Draft
Pick 16 - Jack Henry
Pick 33 - Zach Guthrie
Pick 48 - Jamaine Jones
Pick 53 - Sam Simpson
Cat B - Mark O'Connor
Thanks for posting that.

Its looking a good haul from what were essentially 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I had completely zero expectations on big Sav but his first 2 months before the leg showed he has enormous potential

Is he in the frame for r1? Broken legs can vary dramatically in recovery time.

But one should still be able to express criticism on this board of the clubs decisions.

I for one found the Scott extension a bad call and havent had reason to change my thinking on that.

Its one im still unsure of myself TBH

And criticism is essential and necessary. I criticise players and the club on many things. On every platform of discussion thru all topics GFC however, its something else.

GO Catters

Last edited:

that works for others but not for me.

Go Catters
oh the TAB, I do back against Geelong at times, is that a no no to you as well?

Its the midfield thats our issue and which is a coaching thing largely.

Scott has talked up changing things a bit. While to some of us the Melb final last year had a sense of predictability about it, i get the impression it shocked Scott and Cook up a bit. Id like to think we see a different approach to our game plan

Absolutely agreed.

I thought Ling’s comments on the midfield during the last season was telling. Basically he could see how the style of the holy trinity were counter productive and easy to disrupt especially by a foot here or a hand there that moved the ball in the opposite direction. Exactly how that all works technically I can’t say so reliant on people’s comments who do. I wish ling or Corey were our mid coaches. Am not sure of knights and I think our midfield has been somewhat dysfunctional at times. Bigger issue than the fwd line especially in finals.

Back