FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

With Bran (or a Stark) potentially being the Night King, I’m surprised no one has made the connection to the ice being in the crypt.

I thought it was obvious that the ice people reached the castle.

as for bran being the night king, would be cool if when he rocks up and sees his siblings, smiles, waves and says hi guys.

I reckon the falling of the feather was simply the wind blowing it from teh hand.

That's a very literal interpretation. :p Your English teachers must have hated you.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater will be taking his ******* and fighting to John Wick

Screen_Shot_2019_01_17_at_12.28.12_PM.png

Runtimes announced

• Episode 801: 60 minutes
  • Episode 802: 60 minutes
  • Episode 803: 80 minutes
  • Episode 804: 80 minutes
  • Episode 805: 80 minutes
  • Episode 806: 80 minutes
https://winteriscoming.net/2019/01/22/runtimes-game-thrones-season-8-revealed/

These are all less than the speculated/rumoured movie length episodes. Hopefully it doesn't mean that things will be rushed too much to get to the end

Haven't read or watched any fan theories, apart from the Bran is the Night King one, which seems pretty credible. Never read the books either.
I do think we haven't seen the last of ol' Ned Stark though.

Also, although it's been huge to the whole story, the white walkers aren't going to be the defining moment of the series.
This s**t is going to be about what happens to Cersei. That's going to be the final conflict.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runtimes announced

These are all less than the speculated/rumoured movie length episodes. Hopefully it doesn't mean that things will be rushed too much to get to the end

That’s really disappointing.

It ends up being the shortest season of the entire series for runtime. It’s essentially just a 7.5 episode season.

I was thinking 120-150 minutes for every episode. There is way to much to cover and to close out for it not to be rushed at those run times.

They are going to * this up.

That’s really disappointing.

It ends up being the shortest season of the entire series for runtime. It’s essentially just a 7.5 episode season.

I was thinking 120-150 minutes for every episode. There is way to much to cover and to close out for it not to be rushed at those run times.

They are going to **** this up.

7 hours is plenty of time to wrap this up. The story is now basically centred in 3 places (Winterfell, KL, and The Wall), and after the first episode we're unlikely to see The Wall again. The map has shrunk (Essos, Dorne, the Vale are all pretty much played out) back to virtually where it was at the start of the show and it doesn't look like expanding again until all is resolved.

Everyone has basically picked a side by now too (Littlefinger was the last real 'wildcard' character), so apart from Jon's parentage and perhaps Sansa pulling a swifty, the Iron Throne will probably be decided by war rather than scheming and backstabbing. Even then, two 45 minute battles (WW and the Iron Throne) still leaves nearly 6 hours of story to place around it.

Personally I think the most challenging part for the writers will be tying up all the loose ends at the end. So many characters will require a fitting resolution to their story (those that survive at least), doing that properly could take the entire 80 minutes of episode 6. :drunk:

One thing is for sure though, these episode times do make me think that we'll almost certainly have nuffies complaining about "teleportation" all season long. :rolleyes:

Everyone has basically picked a side by now too (Littlefinger was the last real 'wildcard' character)

What did you think of Tyrion's sadface in the hallway in the very last scene? Upset that he isn't getting a piece of Dany or as I initially thought he's upset because he's screwed them over. His talk with Cersei seemed to end without a resolution. I really hope not but I'm thinking Tyrion might have switched sides.

What did you think of Tyrion's sadface in the hallway in the very last scene? Upset that he isn't getting a piece of Dany or as I initially thought he's upset because he's screwed them over. His talk with Cersei seemed to end without a resolution. I really hope not but I'm thinking Tyrion might have switched sides.

I doubt he switched sides, he hates her and wouldn't see her as a particularly good ruler either. Switching sides doesn't make sense from a personal or pragmatic standpoint.
I reckon he told Cersei that Dany can't have an heir (which might've been what got Cersei to change her mind on assisting them with the WW), and now he's perhaps concerned that that they may not prove to be the case.
He'll probably care a lot less though once he realises that Cersei has screwed them over.

Or he could just love Dany too like virtually everyone else does.

We should start some predictions...

- Cersei will die giving birth to a dwarf
- Tormund will die just as Brienne grants him entry
- Theon and Euron will kill one another, Yara will escape alive
- When the Whitewalkers approach Winterfell the dead Starks will rise from the crypts
- Jaime will live

Watch me go 0 from 5 :)

Runtimes announced

The shows dont run to hit exactly multiples of 10. Those arent final run times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back