Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
With the pre season under way here is my list of clubs who have lost top 10 player for a significant part of the season and who the teams will be that will be unable to cover these players from their list

Carlton Docherty lacking depth and leaders on the field so will struggle more than usual without Docherty

Essendon Not sure on Daniher but until he is back in full training I would be concerned about his ability to impact when he comes back

Fremantle Blakely, close to top 10 on their list but with the lack of experience through the midfield his loss will hurt

Hawthorn Mitchell Enough written but not sure on what it did to the betting markets for a top 10 finish but coupled with Birchall missing I can't see them making the 8

West Coast Naitanui They seem to have a strong ruck department and it will be interesting to see how Hickey goes and also Vardy but they have covered his absence well and with a deep midfield they will be very dangerous when NN is back

I may have missed someone but these players will be sorely missed by the clubs

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
With the pre season under way here is my list of clubs who have lost top 10 player for a significant part of the season and who the teams will be that will be unable to cover these players from their list

Carlton Docherty lacking depth and leaders on the field so will struggle more than usual without Docherty

Essendon Not sure on Daniher but until he is back in full training I would be concerned about his ability to impact when he comes back

Fremantle Blakely, close to top 10 on their list but with the lack of experience through the midfield his loss will hurt

Hawthorn Mitchell Enough written but not sure on what it did to the betting markets for a top 10 finish but coupled with Birchall missing I can't see them making the 8

West Coast Naitanui They seem to have a strong ruck department and it will be interesting to see how Hickey goes and also Vardy but they have covered his absence well and with a deep midfield they will be very dangerous when NN is back

I may have missed someone but these players will be sorely missed by the clubs
Wines has a shoulder issue from the MB. I think he's the key mid in their team. Just not sure how serious it is.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Wines has a shoulder issue from the MB. I think he's the key mid in their team. Just not sure how serious it is.

He would be a big loss and until it is confirmed how serious it is although I think Port are a team that could cover his loss, not with the same output but they have Boak, Ebert and Rockliff as experienced big bodied mids around the midfield

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
He would be a big loss and until it is confirmed how serious it is although I think Port are a team that could cover his loss, not with the same output but they have Boak, Ebert and Rockliff as experienced big bodied mids around the midfield
I think Powell-Pepper might be critical as well. Bit likeTaranto he hit the ground running running in his first year and seemed to get a case of the second year blues. Players usually get past that.

I dont know how they go though. I thought very early last season they were the best chance, then awful form at the end if the year.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Impressive first up game by Sam Walsh for the Blues last night and although it was only pre season I can see him having a similar season to McGrath in terms of games played, possesions and impact although he will have quiet games and it will be hard in a team likely to only win 4 games for the year he looks to have an exciting future

Impressive first up game by Sam Walsh for the Blues last night and although it was only pre season I can see him having a similar season to McGrath in terms of games played, possesions and impact although he will have quiet games and it will be hard in a team likely to only win 4 games for the year he looks to have an exciting future
He is a Rolls Royce just rolling down the delivery ramp

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
But Jack's a legend playing for a Victorian club so he must be OK!
Seriously.

There is nothing about it on social media and even the highlights of the game doesn't have it.

When ever tobes did they not only had it in the highlights but showed the replay.

Let alone the social and professional media bombardment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Kicking motion (including a straightening of the leg) and yet no media outrage
249591de7a1fa7af3b90d4e3df90373f.jpg
dd96871421e81f4e5c2917e6ddc956e1.jpg
97e7e9c35c611851494310ad231cc14f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
No Mccarthy for the Dockers again? with Hogan and Lobb traded in and Taberner signing an extension and also COx looking good it will be interesting to see where he fits in during the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back