Unsolved Toyah Cordingley * Delhi Police arrest Rajwinder Singh

Remove this Banner Ad

"Two recently active brutal killers are on the loose in Australia ..."

I guess it won't create enough panic if they tell us one of the perps isn't in the country.

Until they are identified and categorically known to still be in Australia, One can never rule out whether an on the loose killer has left the country or this world, by boat, plane or having "given up the ghost".

Two media wrongs don't always make a right.

Similar situation after Hannah Foster was abducted and murdered in London. Person of interest (who became the main suspect) married immigrant Maninder Pal Singh Kohli fled to the Punjab within days and disappeared. The police in India and his family initially insisted he'd killed himself. It took 16 months to find him and not until Hannah's parents made the trip to India to appear on national TV pleading for information on his whereabouts.

He'd created a new identity in that time and had even remarried, he was caught just near the border where he was trying to get out of India and disappear into Nepal.

This was in 2003 so technology might be more helpful now, I don't mean to be depressing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Hannah_Foster
Came straight to my mind too..

Nothing in the media about any progress with Toyah's case for about a month now. Pretty obvious since the news regarding poi/suspect Raj Singh fleeing to India was leaked the police are being very tight lipped.

I check every day in the hope of some news that they've found him or there's been some new developments in the case.

Iirc RS family offered to give DNA samples. Would those tests be back by now? I'd imagine they'd have been given urgent priority. Would we hear either way what those results are? Or will police maintain a reticent approach till they've made an arrest?
They have "several other POI's" that are being looked into. Wonder what's going on there?

I understand the stance the police are taking with this but I'm sure like many others following Toyah's case it's frustrating not getting updates if there are any.

Last edited:
Nothing in the media about any progress with Toyah's case for about a month now. Pretty obvious since the news regarding poi/suspect Raj Singh fleeing to India was leaked the police are being very tight lipped.

I check every day in the hope of some news that they've found him or there's been some new developments in the case.

Iirc RS family offered to give DNA samples. Would those tests be back by now? I'd imagine they'd have been given urgent priority. Would we hear either way what those results are? Or will police maintain a reticent approach till they've made an arrest?
They have "several other POI's" that are being looked into. Wonder what's going on there?

I understand the stance the police are taking with this but I'm sure like many others following Toyah's case it's frustrating not getting updates if there are any.

Probably go quiet imo until there's an arrest now and it is frustrating. It's sad too, I'm not so sure there are other POI at the present. I'd think the DNA matching would be back by now and we haven't heard he's been cleared.

Gone deadly silent on this case. Becoming clearer that the Indian guy looks to be the only person of interest.

Could be, makes sense in theory and have wondered the same thing but it may not necessarily mean that at all.

Pretty obvious the media are being stonewalled by police,
so if there's been any new developments, whether it's about RS or even a shift in interest with the "several other POI's" I doubt we will hear about it and like shellyg has pointed out we probably won't until an arrest has been made

There is a lot of talk from credible sources here in the Cairns/Mossman area ie people who know detectives working on this horrifying investigation, that the crime was a revenge crime. Her step-father 'Snake' was an ex-bikie gang member and Toyahs murder/gang-rape was a message to him. Her body was found naked and mutilated. This may be why the police haven't released many details. The theory of Rajwinda the Indian nurse perhaps being witness and fleing out of fear makes sense. It takes a lot of strength to leave your wife, kids and family and try to not be traced. This investigation is so much deeper and sadder than people think. Rest In Peace sweet Toyah.

There is a lot of talk from credible sources here in the Cairns/Mossman area ie people who know detectives working on this horrifying investigation, that the crime was a revenge crime. Her step-father 'Snake' was an ex-bikie gang member and Toyahs murder/gang-rape was a message to him. Her body was found naked and mutilated. This may be why the police haven't released many details. The theory of Rajwinda the Indian nurse perhaps being witness and fleing out of fear makes sense. It takes a lot of strength to leave your wife, kids and family and try to not be traced. This investigation is so much deeper and sadder than people think. Rest In Peace sweet Toyah.
Interesting first post. Why not just kill him? Could be one line of the investigation though.

Queensland have the toughest organised crime laws in the country.
Under these "outlaw motorcycle gang" targeted legislations and acts the Queensland police and the Crime and Misconduct Commission have enhanced powers.

If there was any veracity in what has/ is being circulated, then cops would've been all over this line of inquiry lightening speed and arrests already made imo.

Queensland have the toughest organised crime laws in the country.
Under these "outlaw motorcycle gang" targeted legislations and acts the Queensland police and the Crime and Misconduct Commission have enhanced powers.

If there was any veracity in what has/ is being circulated, then cops would've been all over this line of inquiry lightening speed and arrests already made imo.
No, why would arrests already be made? They are at the point of examining forensic evidence and still piecing together what happened. They don't just want one arrest but several. Also the perpetrators might not have been part of a bikie gang themselves. As I said. This is only the latest theory being talked about up here.

Interesting first post. Why not just kill him? Could be one line of the investigation though.
If you've watched Narcos and such drug and cartel related crime shows. The way to cause the most devastation in people's lives is to brutally kill their loved ones and have their remains found or sent as a message. If they didn't want Toyah found they wouldn't have left her exposed in the dunes and her car where it could be easily seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've watched Narcos and such drug and cartel related crime shows. The way to cause the most devastation in people's lives is to brutally kill their loved ones and have their remains found or sent as a message. If they didn't want Toyah found they wouldn't have left her exposed in the dunes and her car where it could be easily seen.
I had to google Narcos - "Set and filmed in Colombia, seasons one and two are based on the story of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, who became a billionaire ...". So some tv drama series... Bikies usually just hurt other bikies as payback. Far more likely to be a run of the mill rape and murder after which the perp ran away.

I had to google Narcos - "Set and filmed in Colombia, seasons one and two are based on the story of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, who became a billionaire ...". So some tv drama series... Bikies usually just hurt other bikies as payback. Far more likely to be a run of the mill rape and murder after which the perp ran away.
There are horrifically violent scenes in Narcos- pulling a man apart by lynching him between two motorbikes. No, bikies who are basically drug cartel members hurt woman too, especially as gang initiation. The Rebels are renound for the rape and torture of woman. Anyway I'll see what other theories emerge, been following this forum since the day of Toyah was found. I do believe anything to do with Raj being a suspect is incorrect. Enjoy Australia Day!

Hi Kirsty, I've been meaning to check Narcos out but haven't had time. Might make the effort some time this week, they don't get much harder or meaner than the drug cartels.

I'd thought Rajwinda the Indian nurse had been behaving strangely for some weeks before Toyah was murdered and that he'd essentially already left his wife when Toyah was murdered but suppose what we read in the press may be different to what a local might hear on the ground.

Hi Kirsty, I've been meaning to check Narcos out but haven't had time. Might make the effort some time this week, they don't get much harder or meaner than the drug cartels.

I'd thought Rajwinda the Indian nurse had been behaving strangely for some weeks before Toyah was murdered and that he'd essentially already left his wife when Toyah was murdered but suppose what we read in the press may be different to what a local might hear on the ground.
I'd definitely recommend if you're into that genre. Think it's subtitled which makes it more authentic. I never want to travel to S America after seeing it.

I haven't heard that he had already left his wife. The news reports that he resigned from his job as an aged care nurse (a tough job that takes it's toll) had been depressed (very common in middle aged men) and became isolated. I believe the scratches reportedly seen on him could have been from her dog. Maybe he tried to free the dog and that's how he became a POI and how they have his DNA (anyone else think that's highly probable?) And after having his life/families life threatened it's understandable why he would have been seen driving erratically and book a ticket out. By now the police would have searched his car and with the state she was found in there would be trace blood on him/in the car directly linking him. He wouldn't have had time to clear any evidence. They're investigating forensics of a number of POI's, which again leads me to believe the gang-rape theory. Horrific and can't stop thinking of what she went through everytime I drive past that beach :'(

Similar situation after Hannah Foster was abducted and murdered in London. Person of interest (who became the main suspect) married immigrant Maninder Pal Singh Kohli fled to the Punjab within days and disappeared. The police in India and his family initially insisted he'd killed himself. It took 16 months to find him and not until Hannah's parents made the trip to India to appear on national TV pleading for information on his whereabouts.

He'd created a new identity in that time and had even remarried, he was caught just near the border where he was trying to get out of India and disappear into Nepal.

This was in 2003 so technology might be more helpful now, I don't mean to be depressing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Hannah_Foster
There hasn't been the trip to India by the parents in this case..strangely quiet.

No, why would arrests already be made? They are at the point of examining forensic evidence and still piecing together what happened. They don't just want one arrest but several. Also the perpetrators might not have been part of a bikie gang themselves. As I said. This is only the latest theory being talked about up here.

Queensland Police back in early December last year were launching an internal investigation to determine who leaked information about the Toyah Cordingley murder case to the media, (Raj Singh) which has resulted in a media black out. Whether its still on going or not, I think it's likely, imo, those working on the case have been made to sign confidentiality agreements which legally binds them from divulging information about the case outside of the core unit and if/when they release information what they can and can't say etc to the public and media.
So I'm reluctant to believe what is being circulated about recent theories based off information from credible sources who know detectives working on the case.

But to answer your question keeping within the lines of theorising of why I believe arrests would've already been made with previously mentioned line of inquiry;

This is quite a sensitive subject when involving victims family members in these discussions so I approach this as respectfully as I can.

If Toyah's step father, Darren Gardiner, had heavy enemies, who, for what ever reason had it in for him, I think he would've been well aware of it.
So If this was a "revenge attack"/ "message", then imo Gardener would've put two n two together and pointed cops in that direction early on in the piece.
Basic police fundamentals in investigating POI's/lines of inquiries are establishing Motive, opportunity and means. This would've stacked up pretty quickly imo

The angle of raj being a witness to this terribly sad and horrific crime and his life and his families lives being threatened by those theorised to be responsible is questionable.
Why would he abandon his family? Would he not take his wife and 3 little kids with him to protect them all?

Well I got to page 3 of he thread and had formed my own basis of opinion , then pow the Indian landed in the midst of things . I continued to press threw reading the usual mindless rehash of the same posters then it got to page 7 and long behold another angle appeared .
The tell tale signs that stuck out for me was the hair , occupation and a family mingling in a sessy scene , then long behold a man with the tag snake appears as a given name ... I would rather use my Christian name circus 🎪.
Not everyone Laps up everything the same . Hopefully it was the Indian degenerate for the families sake , but funnily the thread got interesting on page 7 . I’ll prob get booted from this thread as I’m not a puppet 👌

Well I got to page 3 of he thread and had formed my own basis of opinion , then pow the Indian landed in the midst of things . I continued to press threw reading the usual mindless rehash of the same posters then it got to page 7 and long behold another angle appeared .
The tell tale signs that stuck out for me was the hair , occupation and a family mingling in a sessy scene , then long behold a man with the tag snake appears as a given name ... I would rather use my Christian name circus 🎪.
Not everyone Laps up everything the same . Hopefully it was the Indian degenerate for the families sake , but funnily the thread got interesting on page 7 . I’ll prob get booted from this thread as I’m not a puppet 👌

What exactly do you mean by this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back