Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't listened to SEN in a few years but I turned on the overnight show other night, where have Darren, Benny, Cooney and A-Rod gone?

I know Teo does Fox Sports commentary.

The spirit of All Night Appetite lives on through a very busy Facebook group chat between the exact five people you've mentioned there.

The fab five all remain active in the media industry with various roles that rarely but occasionally overlap on air together.

Truth be told A-Rod is probably the most successful with Hawthorn Fan TV.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Last edited:
The new “RoCo Show” hosted by Rohan Connolly starts 6pm Wednesday on 1278 Macquarie
I caught a bit of this the other day. he sounded really uncomfortable and awkward, not his usual confident easy going self. perhaps its the subject matter or the change in environment...who knows.

I really like what Mieke Buchan and Billy McGee bring to the table. No idea who Billy is but he's grown on me quickly and they work well off each other.

guessing i'm the only one that caught ro-co's massive f-bomb yesterday (wednesday) just before the leigh broxham interview on MSR

For those that remember Ivy calling in to SEN and other radio stations over the years, I just thought I would let you know that she passed away last week aged 97

Someone that Ivy knew (who I've known since I was a kid) broke the news on FB which left me bummed.

The spirit of All Night Appetite lives on through a very busy Facebook group chat between the exact five people you've mentioned there.

The fab five all remain active in the media industry with various roles that rarely but occasionally overlap on air together.

Truth be told A-Rod is probably the most successful with Hawthorn Fan TV.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Teo Is that you? LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The station broadcasts into the three biggest cities in Australia. Two of those have rugby league as the leading competition. Dare I say, not enough people listened to the station in the first place to justify a sperate show from Melbourne. So with Brisbane and Sydney primarily into rugby league, I suspect they catered for 2 of 3 and take their losses in Melbourne.

The station broadcasts into the three biggest cities in Australia. Two of those have rugby league as the leading competition. Dare I say, not enough people listened to the station in the first place to justify a sperate show from Melbourne. So with Brisbane and Sydney primarily into rugby league, I suspect they catered for 2 of 3 and take their losses in Melbourne.
The station is stuffed if they go down this path.

Meanwhile, SEN have expanded into SA with local content, and it would be strange if Hutchy doesn't have an outline for doing the same in WA.

tried listening to Macquire breakfast this week and its unbearable.
2 over the top macho meatheads both desperately trying to be more macho and meatheaded than the other. throw in a bit of casual racism and sexism and you've got yourself a radio show.

the bar for talk radio is pretty low in Sydney and these guys seem hell bent on maintaining the standard.

Going into 2 NRL cities and 1 AFL city, you want footy talk and personalities to have the larger share?

No.
Their original format was a standalone breakfast show going in to Melbourne and another show going in to Brisbane and Sydney.

Every other show was broadcast on a National basis, with them all coming out of Sydnet, except Marco and Ox.

So to cancel the 1 Melbourne only show is a stupid decision, made worse be the 2 idiot's doing the new National breakfast show.

tried listening to Macquire breakfast this week and its unbearable.
2 over the top macho meatheads both desperately trying to be more macho and meatheaded than the other. throw in a bit of casual racism and sexism and you've got yourself a radio show.

the bar for talk radio is pretty low in Sydney and these guys seem hell bent on maintaining the standard.

Good post. I realised that this morning. The main hosts laugh is terrible. They're rough as guts. Real old school.

Levy-and-Piggy400x400.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back