The Law Police

Yes, many people die because of the government's stubborn and antiquated views on harm minimisation. Very sad indeed.

But of course this is great for the police, much easier to harass a kids trying a little weed than chasing actual criminals.

MDMA is not harmless.
Can you name a country that allows its use.?

So ALL of the governments are stubborn and antiquated.

You must be so proud of your progressiveness and foresight.

" Heyyy Duude...chill and let them sell any crap they want maaaan. "

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
So what do you expect the Government to do?
I expect the government will continue to flush millions of dollars down the drain in a pointless "war against drugs" that's already been lost while stubbornly refusing to spend money on treating drug use as a public health issue, until of course they realise that harm minimisation policies will actually save lives (and more importantly) implementing these policies will ensure they stay in government because voters are sick of seeing young people die preventable deaths on the news.

... at least for a couple more years, unfortunately.

Why do you think it's the Government's responsibility to save these morons from their stupid behavior?
I agree- I'd love for the government to let me make my own decisions with what I put in my body, thank you.

Personal Responsibility.
Exactly.

MDMA is not harmless.
Can you name a country that allows its use.?
Consumption of MDMA and possession of small amounts for personal use is decriminalised in many countries (including, but not limited to, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Uruguay and several other countries in Europe and Latin America).

So ALL of the governments are stubborn and antiquated.
Apparently not!

You must be so proud of your progressiveness and foresight.
You must be so proud of your ignorance and lack of foresight.

" Heyyy Duude...chill and let them sell any crap they want maaaan. "
You've already proven you have no idea what you are talking about.

Please stop posting :$

Last edited:
I expect the government will continue to flush millions of dollars down the drain in a pointless "war against drugs" that's already been lost while stubbornly refusing to spend money on treating drug use as a public health issue, until of course they realise that harm minimisation policies will actually save lives (and more importantly) implementing these policies will ensure they stay in government because voters are sick of seeing young people die preventable deaths on the news.

... at least for a couple more years, unfortunately.

I agree- I'd love for the government to let me make my own decisions with what I put in my body, thank you.

Exactly.

Consumption of MDMA and possession of small amounts for personal use is decriminalised in many countries (including, but not limited to, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Uruguay and several other countries in Europe and Latin America).

Apparently not!

You must be so proud of your ignorance and lack of foresight.

You've already proven you have no idea what you are talking about.

Please stop posting :$

Thanks for responding to my post. Possession of the small amounts for personal amounts was not what this discussion was about though.
We were discussing drug dealers with LOTS of pills.

So clue me in, how have i proven i have no idea what i'm talking about.

There are less drugs and they are harder to get as a result of the "war against drugs".

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
until of course they realise that harm minimisation policies will actually save lives (and more importantly) implementing these policies will ensure they stay in government because voters are sick of seeing young people die preventable deaths on the news.

You're pro personal responsibility and want people to be free to put as much harmful s**t in their body as they like, then insist it's the government's responsibility to pick up the pieces of YOUR bad decisions.

No clue.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You're pro personal responsibility and want people to be free to put as much harmful s**t in their body as they like, then insist it's the government's responsibility to pick up the pieces of YOUR bad decisions.

No clue.

Going by the level of your intellect, then it's plain to see that you have been putting harmful s**t in to your brain for most of your life.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

No clue.

Going by the level of your intellect, then it's plain to see that you have been putting harmful s**t in to your brain for most of your life.

What would be false about Catfan's point? It seems he would be spot on the money. So some want drugs to be legal yet above all want the government to have to clean up the s**t in doing so. For exampl if you legalise all drugs like some advocate for the government will be left to deal with s**t of some ice junkie who has just either robbed/attacked someone or caused a bad traffic incident because they were off their head. While these incidents happen currently can be certain that post deregulation that they will be happening more frequently.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What would be false about Catfan's point? It seems he would be spot on the money. So some want drugs to be legal yet above all want the government to have to clean up the s**t in doing so. For exampl if you legalise all drugs like some advocate for the government will be left to deal with s**t of some ice junkie who has just either robbed/attacked someone or caused a bad traffic incident because they were off their head. While these incidents happen currently can be certain that post deregulation that they will be happening more frequently.

It's the automatic implication that rec drug use MUST equal problems for all concerned.

As for the drain upon government resources, the government creates a far greater drain through it's current stance. There's nothing remotely revelatory about this either, it's been known for years, which highlights the posters monumental ignorance to take such a hard line and blatantly incorrect stance on the matter, when exhibiting a kindergarten level of understanding about the issue.

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong

Again reduced to nothing but personal attacks.. After I've shut down your childish arguments repeatedly I guess that's all you have left.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Again reduced to nothing but personal attacks.. After I've shut down your childish arguments repeatedly I guess that's all you have left.

It's not an attack, it's a truthful observation. You're emphatically clueless.

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not an attack, it's a truthful observation. You're emphatically clueless.

It's hilarious, you think you're an expert on this issue but still can't articulate any type of solution beyond Government funded drug labs at festivals. Nobody is buying this garbage, you've got nothing.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
$1.7 billion dollars annually of tax payer money is currently spent on the issue.......but yeah.......let's bitch about the cost of pill testing.

1548976800648.png

Last edited:
It's the automatic implication that rec drug use MUST equal problems for all concerned.

As for the drain upon government resources, the government creates a far greater drain through it's current stance. There's nothing remotely revelatory about this either, it's been known for years, which highlights the posters monumental ignorance to take such a hard line and blatantly incorrect stance on the matter, when exhibiting a kindergarten level of understanding about the issue.

Apart from your personal insults which do little to promote your argument......
It was due to problems from rec drug use, which were often manufactured by pharmaceutical companies which resulted in most of them getting banned.
The so called "war on drugs" really started as soon as they were banned , ( not when Nixon announced it).
Given the way that death from drugs is skyrocketing since the turn of the century , you'd have to consider that maybe the soft approach, ie decriminalising of users, and safe injecting rooms etc , is what is really failing.

Essendon players would no doubt have been better off if they'd taken drugs made by a reputable manufacturer, with quality control and all that s**t....does that mean their drugs should be permitted?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
... any type of solution beyond Government funded drug labs at festivals. Nobody is buying this garbage, you've got nothing.
"The peak body for emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand, the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, issued a statement in support of pill testing.

The college joins the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the Australian Medical Association in backing calls to introduce pill testing at festivals."

Source: theage.com.au

Australian Medical Association = "nobody" :$:$:$

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
"The peak body for emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand, the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, issued a statement in support of pill testing.

The college joins the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the Australian Medical Association in backing calls to introduce pill testing at festivals."

Great, introduce as much pill testing as you want! Just don't expect the Government to support, pay or be responsible for the inevitable failure of it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
First question that comes to my Kindergarten level mind, is ...if someone dies , after taking drugs that have been tested, who does mum blame for the death?

The government who created the black market.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Not quite. Those bodies have all proposed carefully designed pill-testing trials.

Back