News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Is that that big of a surprise though? Wasn't it EA, a year or two ago, that said that single player games were dead*?

* Only to be disproved by games like HZD and Zelda: Breath of the Wild, God of War and RDR2 since then
By "dead" they mean harder to exploit money from consumers with without investing a large amount of money and time into the project initially.

Keen! One of my favourite 16bit games is a translated rom hack of a Super Famicom DBZ RPG. Used to play it all the time in the 90's.

Good memories.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Oxford University found no link between video games and aggression in teenagers.

So what will news shows have to talk about now?

https://press-start.com.au/news/2019/03/12/oxford-university-found-no-link-between-violent-video-games-and-aggressive-behaviour-in-teenagers
The thing is there are many, many well-conducted psychological studies that have positive or neutral outcomes on a range of domains for gaming. The media just pick out the poorly constructed and reported ones that show something bad and report on them. So it won't change a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Rumours going around that Sony was on the verge of closing a deal to acquire Take-Two Interactive

Huge if true. I just googled it and it looks like the rumour is still current.

Surely it would be in Take Two’s best interest to remain independent? Sony would have to foot some massive cash to cover the difference assuming it would come with some sort of exclusive agreement?

Anybody can have a US PSN.

In fact for the first year or so of me owning mine I only had a US PSN. There's just a few extra hoops you need to jump through to add funds to the PSN wallet to pay for things
I am aware of how this all works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back