Australia v Sri Lanka; 2nd Test @ Manuka Oval Feb 1-5.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was hearing that the Lankans bowlers have something like 5 test matches experience between them. Not sure that true but they aren't really bowling with much of a clue against these blokes. Seems to be no plan at all and at 135 k you can't use raw pace to make up the difference
Their pacemen have five tests between the three of them. Perera has been around for a while though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hearing that the Lankans bowlers have something like 5 test matches experience between them. Not sure that true but they aren't really bowling with much of a clue against these blokes. Seems to be no plan at all and at 135 k you can't use raw pace to make up the difference

Their pacemen have five tests between the three of them. Perera has been around for a while though.

What's weird to me is how it's rare for a Sri Lankan bowler - pace or spin - to have an economy rate below like 3.75 in domestic FC cricket. Are they just loose/undisciplined bowlers who send down the occasional jaffa? Are the domestic comp pitches roads (different to when we play Tests there)? Their batsmen don't have corresponding high domestic averages (but their strike rates are high), so do they just play all formats like it's T20 (perhaps the influence of their '90s ODI sides has spilt over in that way)?

Harris, Khawaja and Labuschagne must be spewing, especially the first two who went out to s**t shots, real waste of a chance. Labuschange got a good one and must be thinking "why me" as they was a heap of runs to be made.

Great Stuff Patto! Maiden century. Gotta make hay whilst the sun shines as they say and he's certainly done that. Also gotta make 'em pay for missed chances and he's done that too. He's been attractive to watch too, what with his pulls and whatnot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back