VFL 2019 List Changes for VFL Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Any intel on this Ayton-Delaney dude Snoop Dog, Knightmare, Soups?

Outside type. Was good in the TAC Cup last year without being someone I would have drafted. Can find the footy. Runs. Clean kick. Can develop into a suitable player for VFL play.

Outside type. Was good in the TAC Cup last year without being someone I would have drafted. Can find the footy. Runs. Clean kick. Can develop into a suitable player for VFL play.

Was your knock his ability to find his own footy? Those other qualities seem a good base to develop a player. What position does he project as?

Was your knock his ability to find his own footy? Those other qualities seem a good base to develop a player. What position does he project as?

Wing/half-back. Can play either.

Low % contested ball winner. Tackling needs to get better. Zero scoreboard impact - no goals from 10 games. If used back needs to intercept more. Become stronger 1v1.

Sound and Looks like how Murray Plays

Better kick perhaps. Not quite as explosive. But I reckon you're right, a play making half back. Might need to work on his 1v1 and contested game though by the sounds.

Any intel on this Ayton-Delaney dude Snoop Dog, Knightmare, Soups?

Yeah good one I had him going in the draft. Quick and his ball use was generally very good but he sometimes over does it. My draft profile of him. Had him circa 50-70.

Joe Ayton-Delaney / Oakleigh Chargers / 179cm

At the start of the year probably had a bit higher up but having said that has had a solid year and really rated some of his form late. Speed galore this kid and a want to take the game on. Been a back pocket but think might push up the field and become a really attacking line breaker from HB or wing. His kicking can be a bit hit and miss but gee when its on it is very good. Sometimes I wonder whether his skill errors come more from just being to attacking. If that’s the case clubs can correct that pretty easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't remember seeing his name on the List
Which list do you mean, Dave? It seems that Jake Spencer is playing for Collingwood in our VFL practice game tomorrow night, but if he's still meant to be with Aspley in 2019 then why is that happening?

Which list do you mean, Dave? It seems that Jake Spencer is playing for Collingwood in our VFL practice game tomorrow night, but if he's still meant to be with Aspley in 2019 then why is that happening?
Didn't play in Aspley's 1st March practice game, but played for them last weekend

http://neafl.com.au/brisbane-overpowers-aspley-in-solid-practice-match-contest/
Aspley fielded its best side, with Matt Payne and Jake Spencer as notable absentees

http://neafl.com.au/aspley-marching...land-test-new-squad-in-practice-match-hitout/
The experience of ruckman Jake Spencer, Matt Payne, Reece Toye, Ben Warren, Jackson Allen and Gav Grose stood tall for Aspley, but the coaching staff would be particularly pleased with the performances from Will Gowers, Jono Giles, Jack Tomkinson and Liam Dawson in a new midfield role.

We're supposed to have Alex Spencer (ex-Port Melbourne) playing for us this year. Maybe there's some mix-up there, but I can't see why we'd be playing Jake Spencer if we weren't likely to be signing him.

We're supposed to have Alex Spencer (ex-Port Melbourne) playing for us this year. Maybe there's some mix-up there, but I can't see why we'd be playing Jake Spencer if we weren't likely to be signing him.
A mixup isn’t out of question. In terms of signing, could Jake Spencer be a last minute Murray replacement before tomorrow’s supplementary list deadline?

Browsing the VFL site - they have these as our confirmed list changes.

https://vfl.com.au/2019-vfl-ins-and-outs/
In: Adam Oxley (Collingwood AFL), Campbell Hustwaite (Dandenong Stingrays)
Out: Kye Beveridge (St Bedes Mentone Tigers), Gus Borthwick, Marty Hore (Melbourne), Tom Jok (Essendon AFL), Stephen Tahana (Sandringham), Nick Sing (Williamstown)

A mixup isn’t out of question. In terms of signing, could Jake Spencer be a last minute Murray replacement before tomorrow’s supplementary list deadline?
Who knows - stranger things have happened, but I would be staggered if that did!! Apparently there's a team line-up out there somewhere for tomorrow's practice game; it would be nice if we could see it (it's not on the club website from what I can see)!

Well I have not seen teams for Friday Night.

Yeah that does sound Weird that he play for us in Pre-Season then Aspley.

Is it a Different Jack Spencer?

Might be a Small Chance but I thought we go for another HBF instead of a Ruckman

Who knows - stranger things have happened, but I would be staggered if that did!! Apparently there's a team line-up out there somewhere for tomorrow's practice game; it would be nice if we could see it (it's not on the club website from what I can see)!
I've found Coburg's

https://coburgfc.com.au/squad-vfl-practice-match-1-v-collingwood/
PM2-V-Collingwood-768x768.png

Well I have not seen teams for Friday Night.

Yeah that does sound Weird that he play for us in Pre-Season then Aspley.

Is it a Different Jack Spencer?
The Jake Spencer who played with Melbourne a little while back has definitely been playing with Aspley in the NEAFL.

As I said a few posts ago, we're meant to have Alex Spencer (ex-Port Melbourne) playing for us this year: https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-01-23/rivers-rapt-with-hustwaite

Among the Pies’ other recruits is Alex Spencer from Port Melbourne.

“We’re going to play him forward this year, so he’s going to help us in that outlet role that we need,” Rivers said.

“He looks really good on the track so far.”

The Jake Spencer who played with Melbourne a little while back has definitely been playing with Aspley in the NEAFL.

As I said a few posts ago, we're meant to have Alex Spencer (ex-Port Melbourne) playing for us this year: https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-01-23/rivers-rapt-with-hustwaite

Among the Pies’ other recruits is Alex Spencer from Port Melbourne.

“We’re going to play him forward this year, so he’s going to help us in that outlet role that we need,” Rivers said.

“He looks really good on the track so far.”

That sounds the most Likely outcome

Someone accidentally put Jake Instead of Alex.

Leadership group

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-03-14/woodward-joins-hellier-as-vfl-skipper
Hellier and Woodward are joined by Michael Chippendale, Elliot Le Grice, last season’s vice-captain Matthew Smith and youngster Callan Wellings in the leadership group of 2019.

And it looks like we have a slightly different home jumper in 2019 with a return to 3 white stripes. United have also switched up their sponsorship and changed to their pie face brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back