Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Save for Shiel, Francis is the bloke I'm most excited for this year.

So much potential for so long, and he started showing just how damn good he can be at the arse-end of the year.

Best 22 lock for me.

So excited for what this fella can bring in 2019 and beyond. Has the potential to one of the best in the league, not just at Tulla.

I was invested early in his draft year when he was touted as a top 30 pick, hoping we’d nab him with our second rounder. Then he rapidly rose up draft boards as our season spiralled and we were still a chance to get him (albeit with our first pick).

Then we got pick 5 from the Saints and it all but ensured Francis would be ours (I’m very happy with Parish as the combo). While there’s been a bit of a journey between then and now, the future - touch wood - is looking brighter by the day.

Stand by my original call - a Hodge / C.Cornea hybrid: tough, aggressive, reads the play, great overhead, great kick. Will be a player that we really build from at half back. Someone that changes momentum of games regularly.

Full excited!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosha on Our Ginger Lord and Saviour:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-04/games-first-then-contract-talks-for-young-don-woosha

Sounds like Woosha has a real soft spot for him (as do we all).

Interesting comment, which sums up the nature of depression quite well:

"He said he barracked for Essendon as a kid, he's living his childhood dream, he was just sad and he didn't know why he wasn't the happiest bloke in Australia. He couldn't work it out."

Sounds like he's made a lot of progress with his mental health since then which is awesome for him!

Apologies for the intrusion folks and did Francis play today in your hit out?

Saw Daniher playing well and my first question was how did Francis go but i couldn't see much from the news footage.

I reckon this guy is a gun and deserves a full run at it without being injured.

Apologies for the intrusion folks and did Francis play today in your hit out?

Saw Daniher playing well and my first question was how did Francis go but i couldn't see much from the news footage.

I reckon this guy is a gun and deserves a full run at it without being injured.

Preliminary reports from eyewitnesses say he had 22 marks, 20kicks, 2 handpasses, 15 spoils, 11 tackles and a quick haircut at halftime.

Apparently trimmed down another 2 - 3kg this off season. Has been moving incredibly well and as has been mentioned has been put on a modified program due to 'hamstring awareness'.

He should be ok for round 1 so don't be too worried about this minor hiccup.

He and Shiel are perhaps the two most intriguing players that excites me the most in 2019.

Woosha on Our Ginger Lord and Saviour:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-04/games-first-then-contract-talks-for-young-don-woosha

Sounds like Woosha has a real soft spot for him (as do we all).

Interesting comment, which sums up the nature of depression quite well:

"He said he barracked for Essendon as a kid, he's living his childhood dream, he was just sad and he didn't know why he wasn't the happiest bloke in Australia. He couldn't work it out."

Sounds like he's made a lot of progress with his mental health since then which is awesome for him!
Definitely manic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back