Mod. Notice Bay 13 Flog of the Year 2018 - Vote now!

2018 FOTY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright flogs, so the nominations have been received, and we have some very clear contenders for the award, all of which would be worthy winners, but there can only be one. Let's meet the finallists:

DanWA (26 nomination votes) - In the past was just an up and coming flog, pretty much the equivalent of a first-year teenage kid on an AFL list who could one day reach great heights. But in 2018, what great act of thuggery brought a great stream of floggery that launched DanWA into the position of FOTY frontrunner with the equal most nominations votes.

Crobro (26) - A past winner and perennial placegetter, his stream of consciousness posting and witless comebacks have been a staple of Bay 13 for many years, but were amped up to greater levels over the past year due to Richmond's on-field form and Geelong flogs shifting their poor grasp of self-control from Tazbot/Hodgepodge to him. Currently at his peak floggery and shows no signs of slowing down.

Laphroaig (23) - A first time finallist for FOTY. Basically was the Carlton of Bay 13 in 2018 with an abrasive, but generally ineffective approach to trolling. Clearly made an impression on flogs with the number of votes he received to place him amongst such esteemed company up the top of the nominations. Were it not for him seemingly trying the 'vanishing act' approach to the award, he would likely be a good candidate for the traditional FOTY melt.

RedVest4 (13) - Possibly the greatest fall from grace from a poster in Bay 13 history, from 3rd in the Toots and POTY last year, to being the Geelong equivalent of Crobro this year, his decline has rivaled that of the Bulldogs since 2016. Not one of the frontrunners, but still an outside chance.

Lethality (12) - A regular finallist in past years, Podgey once was an excellent troll, though has since been reduced to Crobro-esque AFLX spam. Proved through the nomination process that he still annoys enough around here to get the attention that he craves.

Honestly, I probably could've cut it off here due to how far ahead these flogs were in the nominations, but every race needs a few rank outsiders...

Xtreme (6) - Surprised he didn't poll more votes from the Cats flogs, though perhaps they're of the opinion he's more of an elaborate troll than a simpleton. Could also sneak a few votes for his Virat Kohli love. :sick:

THE_GUN (6) - No idea who this flog is, though appears to have milted a enough in the nomination thread to gain a few votes.

HumanMeatball (6) - Started the season off in fine floggery form, though hasn't been as noticeable since prelim final weekend, a potential beneficiary of FOTY's recency bias.

Snake_Baker (6) - Another former winner, Teffy/Meltdown Mario has historically proven to be Hard to Beat. His propensity for epic meltdowns makes him the best candidate amongst this bunch to pinch the win at the last minute the way West Coast did with Andrew Gaff.

Dan (6) - Earned 4 votes by ignoring the rules about nominating mods and Eliases, then picked up another 2 probably because someone confused him with DanWA :$ (an easy mistake to make). Considering how autistically rigid he is when it comes to details, he earns the final spot in the poll.

So there they are, floggos. It's now up to you to decide who overall was the biggest muppet and uberflog throughout 2018, the one who will join this illustrious list:

2017 - Subaru
2016 - Sportsmaniac/Plugger35/Tigerboyz
2015 - J'AIDS
2014 - tazhawk
2013 - longdaveyjetta
2012 - Hard to Beat (Meltdown Mario)
2011 - Poseidon
2010 - Black Flag
2009 - Wonaeamirri33
2008 - Shotta
2007 - ManCityBlues

Remember that you get to vote for 3 flogs (votes from Eliases WILL NOT BE COUNTED), and that our winner is rewarded with 2 weeks away from Bay 13. :thumbsu:

Lethality (12) - Like Crobro, another former winner who is a regular finallist. Podgey once was an excellent troll, though has since been reduced to Crobro-esque AFLX spam. Proved through the nomination process that he still annoys enough around here to get the attention that he craves.

I'm always referred to as 'once an excellent troll', going so far back that it doesn't even make sense to make that claim. This is just a way of trying to attack an otherwise respected and valued poster.

Oh and looky looky, I'm nominated just hours after making an AFLW thread. Nobody is surprised.

Alright flogs, so the nominations have been received, and we have some very clear contenders for the award, all of which would be worthy winners, but there can only be one. Let's meet the finallists:

DanWA (26 nomination votes) - In the past was just an up and coming flog, pretty much the equivalent of a first-year teenage kid on an AFL list who could one day reach great heights. But in 2018, what great act of thuggery brought a great stream of floggery that launched DanWA into the position of FOTY frontrunner with the equal most nominations votes.

Crobro (26) - A past winner and perennial placegetter, his stream of consciousness posting and witless comebacks have been a staple of Bay 13 for many years, but were amped up to greater levels over the past year due to Richmond's on-field form and Geelong flogs shifting their poor grasp of self-control from Tazbot/Hodgepodge to him. Currently at his peak floggery and shows no signs of slowing down.

Laphroaig (23) - A first time finallist for FOTY. Basically was the Carlton of Bay 13 in 2018 with an abrasive, but generally ineffective approach to trolling. Clearly made an impression on flogs with the number of votes he received to place him amongst such esteemed company up the top of the nominations. Were it not for him seemingly trying the 'vanishing act' approach to the award, he would likely be a good candidate for the traditional FOTY melt.

RedVest4 (13) - Possibly the greatest fall from grace from a poster in Bay 13 history, from 3rd in the Toots and POTY last year, to being the Geelong equivalent of Crobro this year, his decline has rivaled that of the Bulldogs since 2016. Not one of the frontrunners, but still an outside chance.

Lethality (12) - A regular finallist in past years, Podgey once was an excellent troll, though has since been reduced to Crobro-esque AFLX spam. Proved through the nomination process that he still annoys enough around here to get the attention that he craves.

Honestly, I probably could've cut it off here due to how far ahead these flogs were in the nominations, but every race needs a few rank outsiders...

Xtreme (6) - Surprised he didn't poll more votes from the Cats flogs, though perhaps they're of the opinion he's more of an elaborate troll than a simpleton. Could also sneak a few votes for his Virat Kohli love. :sick:

THE_GUN (6) - No idea who this flog is, though appears to have milted a enough in the nomination thread to gain a few votes.

HumanMeatball (6) - Started the season off in fine floggery form, though hasn't been as noticeable since prelim final weekend, a potential beneficiary of FOTY's recency bias.

Snake_Baker (6) - Another former winner, Teffy/Meltdown Mario has historically proven to be Hard to Beat. His propensity for epic meltdowns makes him the best candidate amongst this bunch to pinch the win at the last minute the way West Coast did with Andrew Gaff.

Dan (6) - Earned 4 votes by ignoring the rules about nominating mods and Eliases, then picked up another 2 probably because someone confused him with DanWA :$ (an easy mistake to make). Considering how autistically rigid he is when it comes to details, he earns the final spot in the poll.

So there they are, floggos. It's now up to you to decide who overall was the biggest muppet and uberflog throughout 2018, the one who will join this illustrious list:

2017 - Subaru
2016 - Sportsmaniac/Plugger35/Tigerboyz
2015 - J'AIDS
2014 - tazhawk
2013 - longdaveyjetta
2012 - Hard to Beat (Meltdown Mario)
2011 - Poseidon
2010 - Black Flag
2009 - Wonaeamirri33
2008 - Shotta
2007 - ManCityBlues

Remember that you get to vote for 3 flogs (votes from Eliases WILL NOT BE COUNTED), and that our winner is rewarded with 2 weeks away from Bay 13. :thumbsu:
Taking into account that we're all allowed 3 votes, is there a feature which allows us to congratulate 1 flog with all 3 of our votes?

Looks like i will end up making nominations here

3.Wild Bill ( Just a flog)
2.Groin Guru (trying to get to snake's level so a try hard that needs to try harder)
1.Snake Baker ( has mellowed recently)

special mention to Starburns_ being a Richmond supporter you not knowing who i am indicates how big a flog you are ;)

Looks like i will end up making nominations here

3.Wild Bill ( Just a flog)
2.Groin Guru (trying to get to snake's level so a try hard that needs to try harder)
1.Snake Baker ( has mellowed recently)

special mention to Starburns_ being a Richmond supporter you not knowing who i am indicates how big a flog you are ;)
Clearly you didn't jump the gun. In fact it may be a good opportunity to change your unser name to "Too Late"

ok campaigner: "username" then

Last edited:
Taking into account that we're all allowed 3 votes, is there a feature which allows us to congratulate 1 flog with all 3 of our votes?

Nope, but you're free to only give a single vote to that flog. :rainbow:

**** off soft****.

If you had the faintest clue about me you'd see the blindingly obvious. The more people who I piss off, the more successful I have been in achieving my personal goals.
You consider pissing people off on an internet trolling forum a "personal goal"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He who killed the flogcast and decided to do individual bay awards for 2018 in February of 2019.

Flog

I didn't kill the Flogcast, I just stopped doing it.

You're welcome to start it up again, Dan. :rainbow:

It's part of my selfless crusade to work towards the improvement of substandard individuals wherever I might encounter them.

Want to take a number?
Nah, I'm right.
I'm very sure that I have you covered.

I didn't kill the Flogcast, I just stopped doing it.

You're welcome to start it up again, Dan. :rainbow:
947133f2d21ccf627f64edd57a053d5c.jpg

Back