Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Not mobile enough, needs to be another midfielder was his argument.

I said he’s not Grundy/Gawn/NicNat but in the next group. Wasn’t buying it

Nic nat is not even close to Gawn/Grundy anyway, Nicnat and Tbell would actually be a better comparison argument behind those 2.
Stefan Martin is as good as Brodie Grundy.

He probably thinks we have bad inside mids as well. We were a top 6 clearance differential side last season yet it seems everyone thinks we struggle massively in that area.
We did struggle. It appeared as though in order to counter our weakness in that area we had to sacrifice numbers from elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did struggle. It appeared as though in order to counter our weakness in that area we had to sacrifice numbers from elsewhere.

This.

Plus I reckon the quality of our clearances wasn't that great. Apart from Merrett, most of our other regular stoppage players are on the slow side. Heppell (who is really underrated on this board FWIW), Myers, and Stringer were good at getting first hands on the footy but lack the pace or quick hands to turn it into clean breakaways. Adding Shiel, and with Parish (who has lightning hands) likely to spend more time in the middle, will give us a massive boost in this regard.

Is this a delusional pearlier? Or a reasonable argument that’s probably wrong? He definitely has some good days but there are some average ones too.
Alot of the best ruckman have had average days now and again, T Bell is well and truly in the conversation for top 5 rucks in the comp when fit. Think we will see him hit the scoreboard more this year aswell.

Alot of the best ruckman have had average days now and again, T Bell is well and truly in the conversation for top 5 rucks in the comp when fit. Think we will see him hit the scoreboard more this year aswell.
I see him in the middle pack. There’s just been such a big gap between his best and worst over the years. Appreciate that ruckmen do have ups and downs and acknowledge that TBC’s body has most likely been the cause of his form fluctuations... but he needs to reduce his average days to good ones ratio.

His best? Bloody good but not elite. If he’s top 5 on his best day he’s 5th. Where I was coming from with my original post is that he has had numerous patches over the years where he has really struggled. Loved his end to last year and hope he can stick more consistency together in 2019.

Grundy, Gawn, Goldstein, Naitanui, Sandilands

Even at his best he isn't in the conversation with these guys. Top 10 at best

Grundy, Gawn, Goldstein, Naitanui, Sandilands

Even at his best he isn't in the conversation with these guys. Top 10 at best
Goldstein is on the decline, Nic Nat's averages were never that much better than TBell and who knows how he will go after all his injuries and Sandi is another on the decline who offers nothing forward or with the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back