MFC Fans Only 2018/2019 Summer Sports Talk

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Khawaja is gone in the head. That wicket is the epitome of everything wrong with him. 0 foot movement and a waft outside the off stump to a swinging delivery on his 3rd ball. How is this bloke our experienced batter? Pathetic
I just saw it then .... that was absolutely awful.

This is what you get when selectors are putting more stock in "team stability" than picking players in form. Can't wait for some more impotent Starc bowling spells as well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I just saw it then .... that was absolutely awful.

This is what you get when selectors are putting more stock in "team stability" than picking players in form. Can't wait for some more impotent Starc bowling spells as well.

I don't understand the need for continuity in cricket, they always talk about partnerships in batting and bowling but it's the most individual of sports.
They should Have a squad and just keep picking players who are in form much like soccer.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I don't understand the need for continuity in cricket, they always talk about partnerships in batting and bowling but it's the most individual of sports.
They should Have a squad and just keep picking players who are in form much like soccer.
Yeah thats a good point ... Khawaja for example, would him not being in the side have much of an impact on the team as a whole? His day wouldn't be much different today if he was 12th man, given the amount of time he spent at the crease, he may as well have been on the can.

This series just seems like a massive waste of an opportunity to give guys like Pucovski and Stoinis a crack at it. Langer apparently doesn't see the test side as a place for development, but he does apparently see it as one for charity.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Copped it for being unAustralian on the main board but what a shithouse test match pitch. Watching 2 blokes score easy 150s on day 1 of a bloody test sucks. This game is already over on day 1. This * Head curator should be banned from Australia. Same Muppet who made the AO pitch for years

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Copped it for being unAustralian on the main board but what a shithouse test match pitch. Watching 2 blokes score easy 150s on day 1 of a bloody test sucks. This game is already over on day 1. This **** Head curator should be banned from Australia. Same Muppet who made the AO pitch for years

Flat wicket yes, but you’d find better more competitive bowling line ups in premier cricket.

Do you mean AO as in Adelaide oval?

Copped it for being unAustralian on the main board but what a shithouse test match pitch. Watching 2 blokes score easy 150s on day 1 of a bloody test sucks. This game is already over on day 1. This **** Head curator should be banned from Australia. Same Muppet who made the AO pitch for years
Shoulda sent Nathan back to inspect it before the season started.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Flat wicket yes, but you’d find better more competitive bowling line ups in premier cricket.

Joe Burns and Travis Head just chalked up a 300 run partnership. In Test cricket. Let that sink in.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
******* horrible pitch. These dickheads who prepare this crap are going to destroy the game even before our teams ordinary performances.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Yep curator is the same guy who made Adelaide oval. Which was statistically the hardest place to take a wicket in world cricket
******* horrible pitch. These dickheads who prepare this crap are going to destroy the game even before our teams ordinary performances.
Couldn't agree more, I'm not gonna watch any test match at Canberra ever again. We are gonna make 500+ and then Sri Lanka probably grinds out 350-400 unless they play Lyon poorly. Either the way the game as a contest is over

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Weren't we 3/28?? And then first ball after the long partnership, didn't Patterson get dropped with what was an absolute soda? And the Lankans dropped a couple other sitters also. Let's blame the opposition and not the groundsmen and let's congratulate Burns and Head on fine knocks.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Yep curator is the same guy who made Adelaide oval. Which was statistically the hardest place to take a wicket in world cricket

Couldn't agree more, I'm not gonna watch any test match at Canberra ever again. We are gonna make 500+ and then Sri Lanka probably grinds out 350-400 unless they play Lyon poorly. Either the way the game as a contest is over

Surprisingly there has only been 4 draws at AO since 1991.

This is a flat wicket but made worse by the Lankans sub par bowling line up. Would of been interesting to see how the Indians went on this wicket

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Weren't we 3/28?? And then first ball after the long partnership, didn't Patterson get dropped with what was an absolute soda? And the Lankans dropped a couple other sitters also. Let's blame the opposition and not the groundsmen and let's congratulate Burns and Head on fine knocks.

the same curator working on this pitch who ran the Adelaide oval and made it the worst test of every summer.
Statistically the Adelaide oval was the easiest ground to score runs on in the world. This Manuka pitch had plenty of life in the first hour and by drinks it had completely flattened out. We nearly scored 400 in a day and had 2 blokes break all time record partnerships vs Sri Lanka, all this after statistically we had performed the worst we ever had in 100+ years.

The whole day from the time Burns and Head had faced 20 balls each was like the middle overs of a one dayer where the only likelihood of a wicket was a batting mistake. No doubt Sri Lanka wasn't great, but they looked pretty good in the first hour

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Windies giving England another touch up and we're spanking a toothless Sri Lankan side. Is it the late 90s again?

[JUMANJI WHAT YEAR IS IT GIF]

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
It's a joke that he got the new rock
I just don't understand the persistence ... I feel like its doing him a disservice just leaving him to plug along as normal, expecting it all to come good, surely by now it's clear now that it's not going to.

17 runs from his first 3 overs, meanwhile Richardson has bowled 3 maidens.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Having just tuned in for the first time, have to agree that that is a flat, lifeless pitch. Should be something in it for the bowlers.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting interview with the groundsman before the game:

"Step right up, folks! Come geeeeeeet your hundreds here, I got all kinds of hundreds for you. I got solid hundreds, I got streaky hundreds, I got aggressive hundreds, I got last chance saloon hundreds, I gots every kind of hundred you could ever need and I'm giving them away CHEAP, like the budgie!"

Any one else watching the Superbowl?
The Special Teams Bowl. It's starting to become interesting by default, given the tied scores and lack of time remaining. Terrible atmosphere. The Equivalent of a Hawks vs Gold Coast GF

Back