MFC Fans Only The One and Only Jack Watts Thread - All Discussion about JW in here

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This from our own Garry Lyon

---------
It’s a legal substance, but surely at some stage, and it looked like he’d had a few jugs of beer, and it is the off-season, but gee whiz, what a stupid look for the competition and kids that are coming up.

“We know that drugs are huge issue in society and sport, for the look itself, he deserves to be fined at least.

“From what we are told it’s not illegal, but the look is terrible. It’s not a hanging offence, it’s just a silly look.”
-------

So now players aren't allowed to do legal things either because of the way it looks?
Why doesn't the media stop painting them as ******* heroes then and just call them what they are? Average 20 something blokes who can kick a footy around

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
so your telling me i can just buy a little bottle of sugar mix empty that campaigner out fill it up with coke and nobody would be able to tell the difference? how good is that.. its probably why they wanna get rid of people using it there. not saying thats what Watts did but what an easy out.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

---------
It’s a legal substance, but surely at some stage, and it looked like he’d had a few jugs of beer, and it is the off-season, but gee whiz, what a stupid look for the competition and kids that are coming up.

“We know that drugs are huge issue in society and sport, for the look itself, he deserves to be fined at least.

“From what we are told it’s not illegal, but the look is terrible. It’s not a hanging offence, it’s just a silly look.”
-------

So now players aren't allowed to do legal things either because of the way it looks?
Why doesn't the media stop painting them as ******* heroes then and just call them what they are? Average 20 something blokes who can kick a footy around
fancy some campaigner who *s his mates ex wife behind his back then blames mental health issues having an opinion on what looks terrible to the public and running the role model bullshit. Garry should STFU the piece of s**t

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

---------

-------

If we’ve reached a point where you are guilty of doing something because you look like you’re doing it, the world has gone mad.

A friend of mine went to a costume party in a mask, stripey t-shirt and a bag marked swag with $ signs on it. He should really be doing five years.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
As many people like to say, nothing most of us haven't done or would like to do (acting like a goose, partying too much and so on)
On the one hand you can say he is lucky and so on, just a young dude having fun
On the other hand, let's say he plays until he is 30, what are is total earnings do you all reckon? 12 years x $500K average? so $6M, he might have $2M to retire with, but I would guess it will be really hard to get jobs given all of his tom foolery has been publicized. That's almost what he is pissing away rather than his actual career, which I doubt would ever have been great

As many people like to say, nothing most of us haven't done or would like to do (acting like a goose, partying too much and so on)
On the other hand, let's say he plays until he is 30, what are is total earnings do you all reckon? 12 years x $500K average? so $6M, he might have $2M to retire with, but I would guess it will be really hard to get jobs given all of his tom foolery has been publicized. That's almost what he is pissing away rather than his actual career, which I doubt would ever have been great
Brighton Grammar alumnus. Good looking, well spoken bloke who has a checkered past and likes nose candy and adultery. I promise you he will have no trouble walking into a job after footy.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Brighton Grammar alumnus. Good looking, well spoken bloke who has a checkered past and likes nose candy and adultery. I promise you he will have no trouble walking into a job after footy.

Although I really appreciate the subversive world view here - and agree with everything for non famous Brighton Grammar Alum, I find it hard to believe the kinds of jobs / firms available to him wouldn't find his public checkered past a turn off. He could maybe he a hype man, but client services, finance sector etc would be hard (only because it is public knowledge, not that those people don't go crazy)

Edit: I don't reckon he is that good looking, he definitely will go bald

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

---------

-------

Not sure Garry is particularly well placed to be judging someone else around the topics of cocaine and women..

Doesn't he already have the Skwosh swimwear business up and running? Surely using Tommy Bugg's social media influencing skills too.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Although I really appreciate the subversive world view here - and agree with everything for non famous Brighton Grammar Alum, I find it hard to believe the kinds of jobs / firms available to him wouldn't find his public checkered past a turn off. He could maybe he a hype man, but client services, finance sector etc would be hard (only because it is public knowledge, not that those people don't go crazy)

Edit: I don't reckon he is that good looking, he definitely will go bald
How can you tell people are heading for baldness pre baldness?

Other than when people adopt a particularly terrible sweeping haircut Darcy Parish style in an attempt to disguise really early thinning?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
How can you tell people are heading for baldness pre baldness?

Other than when people adopt a particularly terrible sweeping haircut Darcy Parish style in an attempt to disguise really early thinning?
He is receding in the corners and starting thinning a bit there, which can be the start. Although, I started to do the same around that age and receded and thinned a bit, but then stopped a few years ago, so you never know.

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Massive overreaction as usual by the media, not by Kochie and Lyon though who is just their usual f**kwhit selves.

Seems like something i'd expect half the guys who go to Ocktoberfest would do, including myself.

Garry Lyon is shocking in the media.

Watts is a party boy who doesn’t give a s**t about footy but **** me he hasn’t broken any laws.
That we know of yet.

But yeah, i agree. Then again neither did Gary

Massive overreaction as usual by the media, not by Kochie and Lyon though who is just their usual f**kwhit selves.

Seems like something i'd expect half the guys who go to Ocktoberfest would do, including myself.
Back in my day you just got pissed.

Also i missed out on all the Port Adelaide parody lyrics this morning.

So we'll never stop, stop, stop until we drop, drop, drop (Or is it to dark?)

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we’ve reached a point where you are guilty of doing something because you look like you’re doing it, the world has gone mad.

A friend of mine went to a costume party in a mask, stripey t-shirt and a bag marked swag with $ signs on it. He should really be doing five years.
Imagine how many years Dean Terlich would have got?

1549350075122.png

Back