Ultimate Footy VII- 2019

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Starting this up as LeverPuller is too busy to commish this year and has asked if I can step in for the year. With a rich history dating back to 2013, we're back again for 2019 with Ultimatefooty due to open up for 2019 in the next few weeks.

League History

UF2018: Captain Jack
UF2017: deeman87
UF2016: Wise Guy Sam
UF2015: Captain Jack
UF2014: PureFooty
UF2013: Wise Guy Sam

Ultimate Footy is a draft-based AFL Fantasy competition. Rather than fantasy points, this comp is based around category scoring - comparing your kicks versus the opposition and so forth. There are nine categories: kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, score kicked, goalkicking accuracy (%of scores that were goals), hitouts, frees for and frees against.

Participants & Their Teams

mrpez - Out of Harmes Way
LeverPuller - Sparrow Farts
Crimson Azure - Moribund Men
00Stinger - Southern Stingers
deeman87 - YearOfTheDemon
Marlowe - Thank u, next
TheDarkDwarf - Drawf Boys
Marc_Remillard - Marc's Team
TheCount - 12 Inch Pianists
El Gringo - Los Habaneros
DeesFanTheMan - Arnie's Aces
harry000 - Harrys Hellboys
Hotdees Swimming and ****
Captain Jack - Capt Jack
blitznu - Kentfaced

Positions for 2019 (No change from last year)

5 defenders
5 midfielders
1 ruck
5 forwards
2 utilities

Utilities can be from any position.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Not me this year. I prefer dynasty. My other league has a much nice commissioner anyway :cool:
Lol! Yeah i prefer dynasty as well, i just have a little extra time on my hands atm so i can run both. But Really WGS? You aren't gonna fight Captain Jack for the first person to 3 titles in this? If we don't get enough responses i'm fine with the league dying and just focusing on dynasty too, i thought Dees board was a lil more enthuastic about this but i guess we'll see!

I'll be open to playing depending on draft window timing??

Last time I played 2 years ago I found the draft process very drawn out. Waiting days between picks is s**t.

Thoughts?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I'll be open to playing depending on draft window timing??

Last time I played 2 years ago I found the draft process very drawn out. Waiting days between picks is s**t.

Thoughts?
There isn't any real way around it. The only way to avoid that is to get all coaches online at the same time and do a short live draft but in my decade of experience in draft fantasy i've never once seen a successful short live draft where there aren't at least a few coaches who don't get their whole teams autopicked. The only exception being drafts with complete randoms online rather than a set group of coaches like this. So ye, i don't see ways to avoid it, there'd be a 4 hour pick window which would get shorter as we get into the deeper rounds, if someone has an alternative that works that would be fair for everyone though i'm all ears.

There isn't any real way around it. The only way to avoid that is to get all coaches online at the same time and do a short live draft but in my decade of experience in draft fantasy i've never once seen a successful short live draft where there aren't at least a few coaches who don't get their whole teams autopicked. The only exception being drafts with complete randoms online rather than a set group of coaches like this. So ye, i don't see ways to avoid it, there'd be a 4 hour pick window which would get shorter as we get into the deeper rounds, if someone has an alternative that works that would be fair for everyone though i'm all ears.
Yeah fair call.

Add me to the wait list then 😋

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

I've done three online drafts with 1 minute picks, it worked pretty well. I'd prefer that over the long one

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also, can we change the scoring around a bit please.

Drop the free kick for and against and instead have 1 free kick differential and 1 for spoiling. This opens up the potential pool of players making tall defenders a little more attractive

Anyone against it?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I've done three online drafts with 1 minute picks, it worked pretty well. I'd prefer that over the long one
It works with randoms when everyone is there but if you have a league of 16, the chances of getting everyone online at the time of the draft is very challenging and i'm yet to see it ever happen. Then you get 2-4 coaches who have their entire team autopicked because they weren't available at that time and they generally just dont play for the rest of the year. If we could get everyone online for the 4-5 hours it would take i wouldn't be totally against it but for the aforementioned reasons i see it as being unlikely and the slow draft being the go so that everyone can participate evenly. Sorry i get it can be frustrating, im usually one of the people who rarely use much of the clock or set autopicks and i get the frustration but a fair league is neccesary to get full participation for the season. I'm happy to take phone numbers and message people when it's their pick.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Also, can we change the scoring around a bit please.

Drop the free kick for and against and instead have 1 free kick differential and 1 for spoiling. This opens up the potential pool of players making tall defenders a little more attractive

Anyone against it?
Yeh and no. Spoiling is a stat that can only be accessed via statplus which costs $30, would def add a wacky element but i'm not down to pay. I'm happy to change the scoring though if that's what people want. In my dynasty league i run, we have a 9 cat system with the same cats as we have here but have them weighted differently to make the free kick and accuracy stats worth less. So in this example - kicks, handballs, marks, hitouts, score, tackles are all worth 2 points and frees for, frees against and accuracy all worth 1 point. So that's an option that's easy that doesnt cost money. Once we have everyone confirmed ill run a poll in terms of scoring structure.

Back