Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess i'll just shut my mouth on future comparisons.

There is just something about Frosty that reminds me of Dunn, and no, it's not just that big barrel against the hawks.

As much as i love Dunn we have to remember he wasn't a permanent back man until around 2012, and wasn't a consistent defender until around 2014. That is at 27 years of age when most players hit their prime

Guess i'll just shut my mouth on future comparisons.

There is just something about Frosty that reminds me of Dunn, and no, it's not just that big barrel against the hawks.

As much as i love Dunn we have to remember he wasn't a permanent back man until around 2012, and wasn't a consistent defender until around 2014. That is at 27 years of age when most players hit their prime

Dunn
Slow
Good one on one
Nice kick
Complete shut down role as a defender

Frost
Extremely fast
Not good one on one
Bad kick
Loves running with the footy

Yeah me too actually, might just be that they're both not very good players who are super competitive and play with a lot of passion.

Yeah me too actually, might just be that they're both not very good players who are super competitive and play with a lot of passion.
Thanks for having my back

Was convinced Dunny/Jurrah/Green/Aussie/Wattsy would kick us 150 goals in 2011. Dunny had a pretty damn solid 2010 season from a marking perspective.

Dunny also got thrown around a lot throughout his career, don't think he even got an extended run in one position until he nailed down that FB spot, and boy was he good there. So damn strong one on one, nice hands, great booming kick as others have mentioned. Thought he was cooked in 2016 in his spot of poor form but judging from his pies performances obviously not.

I'm not underrating Dunn, he was a good player, but people are overrating him too. People here are making him sound like he was Silvani or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

problem was/is, we play a zonal defense and he is lost in that style of play

Mate every team in the AFL plays zonal and Dunn didn't look out of place when Collingwood were spanking us with it.

Pretty simply we wanted to develop McDonald and we couldn't do that with Dunn, that's all

Mate every team in the AFL plays zonal and Dunn didn't look out of place when Collingwood were spanking us with it.

Pretty simply we wanted to develop McDonald and we couldn't do that with Dunn, that's all
Collingwood don't play the same sort of defense that we do.

Dunn has a man and plays on him at the Pies

It's not like Oscar McDonald floats around without an opponent all day, every side zones.
ok cool, I can't be bothered arguing today

Worth a shout out how well he is playing the last 4-6 weeks.

His start to the season was shaky, not overly surprising given his injury history the past two years, but he's winning more contests, reading the ball better and his one-percenters are through the roof.

Skills and composure are coming through as well.

I almost spat coffee all over my pc screen when i saw the title of this thread

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back