Game Day AFLX Draft

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From afl.com.au:

"WATCH the AFLX draft from 7pm AEDT tonight as the four captains - Patrick Dangerfield, Nat Fyfe, Eddie Betts and Jack Riewoldt - pick their teams.

The teams in the realestate.com.au AFLX tournament consist of 14 players (eight on the field, six on the interchange bench - no interchange limit), up from 10 players per side in 2018.

Betts will pick an all-indigenous team that will wear a jumper designed by Melbourne defender Neville Jetta.

AFLX JUMPERS What's your favourite look?

The four teams' respective jumpers have been designed to represent each team's strength ahead of the one-night event to be held at Marvel Stadium on Friday, February 22.

The teams are the Bolts (Dangerfield), Deadly (Betts), the Flyers (Fyfe), and the Rampage (Riewoldt).

The AFLX Draft will be broadcast on Wednesday on AFL.com.au, the AFL Live Official App, 7Mate and Fox Footy from 7pm AEDT."

Will you be watching?

I think as maligned as the competition is at this stage it could actually pick up a little bit of buzz when you know what the teams are and it will be interesting to see who Danger, Fyfe, Betts and Riewoldt rate.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Can someone tell me the purpose of afl x? Does the afl want to replace the normal season with it?
Not that I like or agree with it, but the point is to create a shorter, easier, more globally accessible game. I would then assume the plan would be to convert these AFLX fans into revenue generation for the AFL.

Back