12th Man (no not the comedy) - where do you find the records?

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that I'm finding fiendishly hard to come by is any sort of record of who the 12th men are in any given Test.

Where does one find these?

For example, I remember reading that Brian Lara was 12th man through a lot of Tests from 1989 to 1991 - perhaps as many as 15, as I have seen reference to him being 12th man against England in 1989-90, Australia in 1990-91 and England in 1991; and yet, if you look at the scorecards on Cricinfo or Cricbuzz of those series, there is no sign of it.

Anyone know of somewhere this can be found?

One thing that I'm finding fiendishly hard to come by is any sort of record of who the 12th men are in any given Test.

Where does one find these?

For example, I remember reading that Brian Lara was 12th man through a lot of Tests from 1989 to 1991 - perhaps as many as 15, as I have seen reference to him being 12th man against England in 1989-90, Australia in 1990-91 and England in 1991; and yet, if you look at the scorecards on Cricinfo or Cricbuzz of those series, there is no sign of it.

Anyone know of somewhere this can be found?
I ran into this problem when I was trying to identify a signed bat a few years ago. I ended up asking Mohandas Menon who obviously knew the answer but there doesn't seem to be any record that I could find.

yeah it'd be interesting.

there has to be records somewhere.

it'd be interesting to see who's been 12th man the most etc.

I remember mark taylor was never technically dropped, he was 12th man in 1 test match, throughout his career.

it seemed bichel was 12th man forever, brett lee quite a few times when kasper had leaped frogged him and Johnson I remember was 12th man of the famous 06/07 ashes series - warne/McGrath/langer farewell before making his debut.

do touring teams (aussies included) have an official 12th man, because several times I've seen a touring squad member come on and field.

yeah it'd be interesting.

there has to be records somewhere.

it'd be interesting to see who's been 12th man the most etc.

I remember mark taylor was never technically dropped, he was 12th man in 1 test match, throughout his career.

it seemed bichel was 12th man forever, brett lee quite a few times when kasper had leaped frogged him and Johnson I remember was 12th man of the famous 06/07 ashes series - warne/McGrath/langer farewell before making his debut.

do touring teams (aussies included) have an official 12th man, because several times I've seen a touring squad member come on and field.
Bichel I do know. He was 12th man 19 times, to go with his 19 actual tests. I doubt anyone else has been 12th man that many times.

Another interesting one; Darren Lehmann was 12th man at the age of just 19, in a Test against Pakistan in January 1990. His actual Test debut didn't come until 1998.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back