In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic platinum includes games that aren’t west coast games. So why are they considered ahead of the general cohort who go each week at Optus.
The GF is at the MCG, so people who purchase them either live in Vic or may be more willing to/able to afford the flights/accommodation to get to Melbourne (if purchased despite not living in Vic) so it's reasonable that they get priority 1 access, especially as they aren't ahead of Cat A, just ahead of the rest. I think interstate (not Vic Gold- but other interstate) membership being considered equal to non Cat A membership is a small loophole (but even then- I see their point, because flights from adelaide/sydney/brisbane/tas to Melbourne would be cheaper than from Perth even when we don't make the GF), but I'm not complaining as that's a loophole I exploit haha.

Coming from a long time seated member, but legit the whinging about what you get for an In The Wings member is pretty pathetic. What do you want? You're in the line waiting. They can't go much faster than someone deciding not to be a member anymore.
Your self righteous arrogance is off charts...:chartingup:

I likey.:moustache::thumbsu:

I'm not fussed about the wait time, it is what it is, members don't leave successful clubs obviously.

But FFS give me a beanie or scarf rather than the same s**t magnet, sticker and pen combo for the last 10 years.

One piece of merch I can actually wear means more to me than the collection of pens and magnets I've got.

It is literally the EXACT same thing every season with a new year on it. For 70 bucks
My 2018 WCE shopping bag imploded on my GF and it cost me a carton of eggs.:'(

Just an improvement to some quality merch, like a great 2018 Premiership hat would suffice, screw the magnets, lanyard, and cheap sweat shop crapola.

I love the magnet, makes day dreaming about the weekend much easier every time I get a coffee at work.

But I agree, after 11 years of donations, a hat or a scarf would be nice. You would think one of those $5 hats would be a no brainer, as at some point in time the majority of ITW members would attend at least one game at some point during the year.

I love the magnet, makes day dreaming about the weekend much easier every time I get a coffee at work.

But I agree, after 11 years of donations, a hat or a scarf would be nice. You would think one of those $5 hats would be a no brainer, as at some point in time the majority of ITW members would attend at least one game at some point during the year.
Even us paid up members of 25 years plus, the scarf this year leaves a lot to be desired. Blue all over with a 2019 member emblem stuck on. I prefer the one I bought just prior to the finals last year. So you're not missing out on much!

Even us paid up members of 25 years plus, the scarf this year leaves a lot to be desired. Blue all over with a 2019 member emblem stuck on. I prefer the one I bought just prior to the finals last year. So you're not missing out on much!
Was just about to say the same thing. I got a Scarf with my Vic Gold membership, and it was nothing to write home about. I would've preferred to pay less and not have the scarf :p.

The cost/worth of the fluff in the membership package, be it ITW or seated, is negligible.

You are paying for a seat, or a spot on the waiting list, it is as simple as that.

I Agree, we are seatholders of the Eagles games,
If I was a Member of the Eagles Club i should expect a lot more (eg rugby league clubs in NSW)

I keep hearing how Optus Stadium has not yet been full...it WOULD be if Wings members were given access to the general public seats that don`t get sold...so State Gov pull your finger out and put a time frame on Gen public ticket purchases...I`m sure WCE would like that too!

I keep hearing how Optus Stadium has not yet been full...it WOULD be if Wings members were given access to the general public seats that don`t get sold...so State Gov pull your finger out and put a time frame on Gen public ticket purchases...I`m sure WCE would like that too!

If they’re general public tickets, don’t Wings members get as much opportunity as anyone else to snap them up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they’re general public tickets, don’t Wings members get as much opportunity as anyone else to snap them up?
Was thinking the same thing. Unless he was talking about free tickets?
But that wouldn't make senses, ITW members would just hold out for the free ones, so ticket sales / revenue would go down. Why would the Eagles do that?

only if they turn up on the day....far from ideal

Pretty sure there’s no general public tickets that are held over until game day. It’s hard enough for the public to get tickets as it is.

Do you mean returned member’s tickets?

Still not sure what your suggesting - free or paid? Free will cost the club money, paid - they can already buy. No point buying after GA.
Not suggesting free...just the chance to buy a seat for a game without taking pot luck on the day

Pretty sure there’s no general public tickets that are held over until game day. It’s hard enough for the public to get tickets as it is.

Do you mean returned member’s tickets?
I think there are GA tickets held over for the day..and quite a few at that...

Back at subi I used to buy them all the time- much cheaper and more reliable than seat re-sale. I only had ITW so I could get finals tickets and seats at the new stadium (after 10 years waiting).

Back at subi I used to buy them all the time- much cheaper and more reliable than seat re-sale. I only had ITW so I could get finals tickets and seats at the new stadium (after 10 years waiting).

The ticket purchase involved you & the ticket seller nothing to do with a club? yes/no. nothing to do with being an ITW member?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back