Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Interesting stat given he had the best save percentage in Europe before the New Year (~80%), form he’d carried over from Roma last season. Eurosport have it down as 12 shots, 7 goals (42%, still poor), but breaking it down:

v City: 4 shots on target, 2 goals (50%)

v Brighton: 0 shots on target, 0 goals (100%)

v Crystal Palace: 3 shots on target, 3 goals (0%)

v Leicester: 3 shots on target, 1 goal (67%)

v West Ham: 2 shots on target, 1 goal (50%)

It’s the Palace game that’s skewing the statistic. Zaha and Townsend dicked all over us.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Interesting stat given he had the best save percentage in Europe before the New Year (~80%), form he’d carried over from Roma last season. Eurosport have it down as 12 shots, 7 goals (42%, still poor), but breaking it down:

v City: 4 shots on target, 2 goals (50%)

v Brighton: 0 shots on target, 0 goals (100%)

v Crystal Palace: 3 shots on target, 3 goals (0%)

v Leicester: 3 shots on target, 1 goal (67%)

v West Ham: 2 shots on target, 1 goal (50%)

It’s the Palace game that’s skewing the statistic. Zaha and Townsend dicked all over us.

And the majority of those goals were unsaveable.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Allison has looked far from secure of late. I’ve lost count of the times have I seen him pass the ball straight to the opposition in a dangerous position in recent games. For me he’s nowhere near the level of Ederson or DDG

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Then there is the end of last year where he made multiple errors. He's still good, but not £60m good. Better short passer than Pickford, slightly better aerial command and less rash, but not as good by foot over medium or long range. Not pure shot stopper

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
As of 8 January 2019:
B3C03F0F-828B-471C-A956-C5F418E3AD99.jpeg

Like the rest of the team he had a sketchy week or 2 but as of today, despite that patch he’s still currently leading the league for clean sheets, goals conceded and save percentage.
8258D9B5-B484-41AB-A404-3A5ED9D1E58E.jpeg

Interpret that as you like.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
As of 8 January 2019:
View attachment 616135

Like the rest of the team he had a sketchy week or 2 but as of today, despite that patch he’s still currently leading the league for clean sheets, goals conceded and save percentage.
View attachment 616143

Advanced stats are needed, not these basic stats. These aren't even in order.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As of 8 January 2019:
View attachment 616135

View attachment 616143

Stats only go so far. Allison is one of the top keepers in the league but he’s looked uncomfortable of late. There’s more to a keeper then just the ability to make saves believe it or not. Sweeping is a massive factor now, Lloris might be the best at that. Being able to distribute the ball quickly and efficiently is more key than ever, Ederson is clearly the best with that. Pulling off world class saves is where DDG excels and I’d have him as the best in the league. Then you’ve got things like positioning, catching/clearing closes, organising defenders and the ability to make routine saves without making basic errors. You can interpret stats multiple ways, but still by far the best way to judge a keeper is by watching the games and judging yourself

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Stats only go so far. Allison is one of the top keepers in the league but he’s looked uncomfortable of late. There’s more to a keeper then just the ability to make saves believe it or not. Sweeping is a massive factor now, Lloris might be the best at that. Being able to distribute the ball quickly and efficiently is more key than ever, Ederson is clearly the best with that. Pulling off world class saves is where DDG excels and I’d have him as the best in the league. Then you’ve got things like positioning, catching/clearing closes, organising defenders and the ability to make routine saves without making basic errors. You can interpret stats multiple ways, but still by far the best way to judge a keeper is by watching the games and judging yourself

Stats or no stats, like I said he’s had a sketchy week or 2, but for the other 20-odd games he’s been immense for us. In terms of impact I had him as our 2nd best player behind Van Dijk over the first half of the season, Salah maybe edged past him recently. As a team, our shots faced per game remained fairly constant from this season to last but goals conceded per game halved. That largely comes down to Alisson imo (the only change in personnel) - particularly his shot stopping, command of the area, and organisation of the back 5.

Despite the recent glitch I’d still have him as the best keeper in the league so far this season, others may disagree.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stats or no stats, like I said he’s had a sketchy week or 2, but for the other 20-odd games he’s been immense for us. In terms of impact I had him as our 2nd best player behind Van Dijk over the first half of the season, Salah maybe edged past him recently. As a team, our shots faced per game remained fairly constant from this season to last but goals conceded per game halved. That largely comes down to Alisson imo (the only change in personnel) - particularly his shot stopping, command of the area, and organisation of the back 5.

Despite the recent glitch I’d still have him as the best keeper in the league so far this season, others may disagree.
You're forgetting to take it from when VVD joined and the fact that Liverpool have played differently to last year. As well as Fabinho playing and less Lovren..

Nothing like a Liverpool fan to miss the glaringly obvious in the pursuit of praising their player as the best in the world.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
You're forgetting to take it from when VVD joined and the fact that Liverpool have played differently to last year. As well as Fabinho playing and less Lovren..

Nothing like a Liverpool fan to miss the glaringly obvious in the pursuit of praising their player as the best in the world.

Fabinho wasn’t starting games until November, by that stage we were well established as the tightest defence in the league, demonstrating significant improvement from the previous season in terms of the proportion of opposition shots that ended up in the back of the net. Next.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fabinho wasn’t starting games until November, by that stage we were well established as the tightest defence in the league, demonstrating significant improvement from the previous season in terms of the proportion of opposition shots that ended up in the back of the net. Next.
So Fabinho is responsible for conceding goals now?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You two are adorable.

It is cute how they try. A logical person would be able to understand that there is a direct correlation between goals conceded and our #1 CB and #1 RB being unavailable for large parts since December and no RB's fit at all for the last 4 weeks. But let's not let that get in the way of their story though.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It is cute how they try. A logical person would be able to understand that there is a direct correlation between goals conceded and our #1 CB and #1 RB being unavailable for large parts since December and no RB's fit at all for the last 4 weeks. But let's not let that get in the way of their story though.
VVD has played every EPL game? I mean, you guys are the ones producing works of fiction.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So Allison repeatedly kicking the ball straight to the opposing centre forward is down to having a CB and RB out? :D

Care to cite some examples? Every keeper does that and Allisson has done that very few times this season. As far as goalkeepers go I would expect he would be up there in terms of passing percentage. There isn't a goalkeeper anywhere that hasn't turned the ball over, the best ones make a mistake and get on with it, the rest lose confidence and play s**t.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So Allison repeatedly kicking the ball straight to the opposing centre forward is down to having a CB and RB out? :D
It's no use. There is a reason they win the most biased supporters time and time again. You'd think they'd won something in the last few years with all the world class superstars they have.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
VVD has played every EPL game? I mean, you guys are the ones producing works of fiction.

Gomez and VVD is our #1 CB partnership. TAA is our #1 RB. It doesn't take captain obvious to understand the correlation between their absence and the amount of goals conceded although it appears some struggle to.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Care to cite some examples? Every keeper does that and Allisson has done that very few times this season. As far as goalkeepers go I would expect he would be up there in terms of passing percentage. There isn't a goalkeeper anywhere that hasn't turned the ball over, the best ones make a mistake and get on with it, the rest lose confidence and play s**t.
He did it twice in about four minutes against West Ham ffs! He also did it in the Leicester match

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It's no use. There is a reason they win the most biased supporters time and time again. You'd think they'd won something in the last few years with all the world class superstars they have.

You would think that we would be in the bottom half of the table considering VVD has played every game and certain Everton supporting posters on here would have you believe he is shite.

Back