Prediction Bookmarked

Remove this Banner Ad

We will draft Walsh at pick #1 and he will play at least 24 matches next in 2019 :p
Are you counting intra-club and practice matches?

I accept the nomination and with God's grace will misrepresent and mod you to the least of my abilities. Together we can make BF grate again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was looking back through this thread, interesting reading.

Got on at 34 - 1 :D
Thinking of cashing in

Cripps for the Brownlow, happy with the profit :)

SPS to have a breakout year in 2019

Having his first uninterrupted preason

We will not finish last next year

Confident with this

7-9 wins next year without any pending list changes( Just need a league average run of injuries)

No more now

Good looking back on this thread, some interesting outcomes already

Here are my bookmarks for 2019 (Reserve the right to change it before the start of the season)
  • Win 7-9 games
  • Doc will spend some time through the midfield, Goddard type role
  • Setterfield will not be rushed in to play round 1
  • Williamson to carry on (improve), from his debut season
  • Weitering to have his best season
  • Cripps to win another B&F and finish top 3 in the Brownlow
  • Membership over 60K
  • Stig O'Hara will confuse me at least 3 times
  • Pies to drop out of the top 4
  • North to finish in the bottom 6 of the ladder
  • Jones to make the AA extended squad
  • Bolton's contract will be extended before the end of the season

Doc out again rules the 2nd point out, Willo WIP. Jones the smokey prediction. Happy with the rest

New:
  • Polson will show enough this year to be considered a regular
  • Plowman may take Doc's role, considering how much he has stripped down
  • Not consistently yet, but Harry will monster some of the better backmen in the league
  • Fisher and Charlie to a new level
  • Thomas to be passed by some of the kids
  • Macreadie to be the smokey to break into best 22

Last edited:
Polson will show enough this year to be considered a regular
Wouldn't surprise me. I'm expecting to at least double his total games tally, especially with current situations regarding Fasolo, Bugg & Pickett. One thing that may make it more challenging for CP is that Ed has been apparently doing some training as a pressure forward, the role that most expect Polson to play when he gets games (at least at this stage of his career).

Plowman may take Doc's role, considering how much he has stripped down
Certainly seems like it could happen. Would be a great outcome going forward & would provide more versatility to our core defensive group. Plow can play as a mini-kpp or hbf, McGovern can swing back, Marchbank (& Marceadie?) can move to a wing, etc.

Not consistently yet, but Harry will monster some of the better backmen in the league
It'll definitely happen a few times this year. Guy is looking big... seems much broader and less 'baby giraffe' (all gangly limbs, ie TDK currently). Will be interesting to see how our big forwards go against teams that are smaller defensively like Hawthorn.

Try & match up Harry, Charlie, Mitch & possibly one of Cripps/Kennedy/Setterfield/Jack/TDK/Levi/Kerr/etc with Frawley (193), Stratton (189), Sicily (186), Hardwick (181)... we might even see teams go in taller down back if they know they're going to be facing potentially 3 or 4 guys in the 6'3" to 6'8" range who happen to be fairly mobile & dynamic. That in turn should reduce their defensive run/rebounding capabilities which our midfield will certainly enjoy.

Fisher and Charlie to a new level
Yep. Suspecting (hoping?) others from the '15/'16 class will be hot on their heels too.. Samo, Kennedy, Weiters, Harry, etc

Thomas to be passed by some of the kids
Hoping Thomas has his best year at CFC but is still passed by a couple. That being said, reckon Daisy plays 15+ and spends a lot of time on that back flank like last year.

Macreadie to be the smokey to break into best 22
Geez I hope so. Pretty much unseen for god knows how long. Realistically I just want to see the kid get fit and play games, be it NBs or seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back