Play Nice The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 17 thread - Nikola > Dirk > Amare

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the whispers doing the rounds, it appears any "two minute appearances" are off the table. So he'll be legitimately playing, whether starting or not.

Also find the league position extraordinarily inconsistent. Players are shut down all the time in anticipation of trades. Happened with Tyreke and the Grizzlies just last season. Given Davis and his management tried to railroad him to LA, effectively shutting down a truly competitive trade market and ensuring that he would be hard to trade this month to any team but the Lakers... now we have to risk serious injury to the guy? Will the league compensate us with picks if he does a knee or an Achilles? Me thinks not. It's ironic really, as Boogie doing his Achilles in a contract year is a major reason why we are where we are today.

Doesn't seem prudent at all.

No different to teams out of playoff contention shutting down stars with supposed soft tissue injuries, etc but that can fly no worries. What happens if Davis trips over Carlos Boozer’s gym bag?

I feel like you should be the one to know if he is or isnt, didnt he start his career with Atlanta?

Nah spent a few years as a combo type guard reserve that I paid f all attention to. He was a smaller less talented Joe Johnson (that is, strong with good fundamentals but lacking intangibles to improve). Having said that Joe was a gun, but not gun enough to do what he was needed to do.

Crazy to see Fultz already gone from Philadelphia.

Feels like yesterday I was watching videos of him in preparation for Ainge drafting him.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more weird story in sports. Will be interesting to see if he can come good in Orlando and if any truth ever comes out.

Unfortunately he looks like he’s on the path to out of the league.

Obviously the Sixers struck gold with Embiid and Simmons, but geez, how many lottery picks have they burnt in the past decade?:

Markelle Fultz
Evan Turner
Jahlil Okafor
Nerlens Noel (received in trade)
Elfrid Payton (traded for Dario Saric)
Michael Carter-Williams

From the whispers doing the rounds, it appears any "two minute appearances" are off the table. So he'll be legitimately playing, whether starting or not.

Also find the league position extraordinarily inconsistent. Players are shut down all the time in anticipation of trades. Happened with Tyreke and the Grizzlies just last season. Given Davis and his management tried to railroad him to LA, effectively shutting down a truly competitive trade market and ensuring that he would be hard to trade this month to any team but the Lakers... now we have to risk serious injury to the guy? Will the league compensate us with picks if he does a knee or an Achilles? Me thinks not. It's ironic really, as Boogie doing his Achilles in a contract year is a major reason why we are where we are today.

Doesn't seem prudent at all.

Why is it the league's responsibility to prop you guys up with compensation for AD getting injured after turning down a few more than reasonable offers for him pre possible injury?

You had an offer and turned it down.

If he blows out a knee, which is very much a likelihood with this flake, then such is life.

Rightly so the league are making him take the bloody court.

Why is it the league's responsibility to prop you guys up with compensation for AD getting injured after turning down a few more than reasonable offers for him pre possible injury?

You had an offer and turned it down.

Well first, we had an offer that we didn't much care for - so we turned it down. How you rank that offer depends on how you rank the players involved. If we don't care for Ingram, Lonzo et al., then there wasn't much in the trade proposal to recommend it.

Secondly, and more importantly, the Lakers and AD's agent colluded to depress the trade market for him, along with the archaic rule which prevented the Celtics from bidding until the off-season. We were forced into an artificial trade market before the trade deadline, a buyer's market. A Lakers buyer's market.

Why should we be forced to deal now because that's what LeBron and Rich Paul want? Why should we be forced to take a lesser deal because of the league's arcane rules?

Neither of those things were our doing, or our responsibility. If we want to wait until the trade market is more friendly, we're well within our right to do so. And frankly, if Davis has demanded a trade that was almost impossible to execute from our POV, we should be well within our rights to warehouse him until such time that we can complete a trade that benefits us, not just him.

If he blows out a knee, which is very much a likelihood with this flake, then such is life.

Rightly so the league are making him take the bloody court.

If he blows out a knee, it may or may not penalise him. He may or may not get less money, but he'll almost certainly get to where he wants to go.

On the other hand if he blows out a knee, it severely compromises us. Players are warehoused for pending trades all the time. As Look2Me4Guidance pointed out, players are also warehoused for tanking purposes all the time.

If it's AD's right to demand a trade while under contract, demand a trade to a specific team, and publicly stipulate that he will not re-sign with teams that are not his favoured destination, then surely it is our right to sit him until such time as we find a trade that benefits us. And if that takes until June, well too bad for him.

Obviously the Sixers struck gold with Embiid and Simmons, but geez, how many lottery picks have they burnt in the past decade?:

Markelle Fultz
Evan Turner
Jahlil Okafor
Nerlens Noel (received in trade)
Elfrid Payton (traded for Dario Saric)
Michael Carter-Williams
I guess that was part of the plan with the process. The more picks the better chance of landing genuine stars.

Crazy to think though if Embiid never had the health issues. He would have been snapped up by the Cavs and who knows where Philly would be right now.

I guess that was part of the plan with the process. The more picks the better chance of landing genuine stars.

Crazy to think though if Embiid never had the health issues. He would have been snapped up by the Cavs and who knows where Philly would be right now.

And how many championships would LeBron have, adding a fit young Embiid to the Cavs over the last few years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have been sent to the Twolves for Love so probably no more but who knows... butterfly effect and all that
I have a hard time believing they would have traded him for Love.

Embiid was on a whole different level to Wiggins and Parker as a prospect. It was only the back injury that really scared the Bucks and Cavs off.

I have a hard time believing they would have traded him for Love.

Embiid was on a whole different level to Wiggins and Parker as a prospect. It was only the back injury that really scared the Bucks and Cavs off.
The cavs didn’t trade Wiggins because they knew he was a dud, he was seen as the number 1 prospect the entire season. LeBron wanted Love it didn’t matter who they’d drafted they would have ended up at the wolves

The cavs didn’t trade Wiggins because they knew he was a dud, he was seen as the number 1 prospect the entire season. LeBron wanted Love it didn’t matter who they’d drafted they would have ended up at the wolves
That’s false. Embiid was always seen as the superior prospect. Was clearly going to go number 1 before the red flag with his back came up.

Anyone who watched Kansas that season soon realised Embiid was the better prospect and Wiggins wasn’t this can’t miss prospect like first thought.

I think if the Cavs had drafted a healthy Embiid they would have had a tough time trading him away.

That’s false. Embiid was always seen as the superior prospect. Was clearly going to go number 1 before the red flag with his back came up.

Anyone who watched Kansas that season soon realised Embiid was the better prospect and Wiggins wasn’t this can’t miss prospect like first thought.

I think if the Cavs had drafted a healthy Embiid they would have had a tough time trading him away.

Until LeBron said, you trade him or I don't come back.

No it’s not false at all, Wiggins was viewed as the best player in that draft for the entire season. Parker and Embiid were around the mark but it was always Wiggins first.

The cavs were not gonna sign LeBron then keep a raw rookie center (who averaged 11-8-2 in college so yes, raw) instead of trade him for Kevin Love who was putting up insane numbers for the wolves

No it’s not false at all, Wiggins was viewed as the best player in that draft for the entire season. Parker and Embiid were around the mark but it was always Wiggins first.

The cavs were not gonna sign LeBron then keep a raw rookie center (who averaged 11-8-2 in college so yes, raw) instead of trade him for Kevin Love who was putting up insane numbers for the wolves
Embiid was def the #1 guy before his injury, Wiggins was going into that year but as the year went on it changed and Embiid was seen a generational guy.

I agree with you tho he prob would have gotten shipped for Love, year 1 Embiid if he hadn't have gotten hurt wouldn't have been a big impact guy like he was when he eventually did debut given he was still a pretty skinny guy, think he would have been a good defensive player out the gate but his offense wouldn't have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back