Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan

Mark Stevens hinting that we've made some sort of change in our game style

Anyone go to the match sim today? Curious to know what seems different in the way we play and who stood out individually

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone go to the match sim today? Curious to know what seems different in the way we play and who stood out individually
Drafted a ton of speed this year (Smith, Hayes, Cavarra, Vandermeer) so I'm guessing that has to have something to do with it.

I'm just really keen for JLT now!

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very much looking forward to see how the new line up goes about it. Some more forward pressure wouldn't go astray.
Had enough of watching the ball waltz out of our forward half. So hoping that changes with the personnel that has been brought in

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
sorry guys, I don't know how to do links but Foxsports news has an article on clubs they think will do better in 2019 than 2018 and those they think will do worse. I don't want to spoil it for you so on the journalist who wrote it i will just say "FOOL""

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Cam1967

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
QPR, Bengals
sorry guys, I don't know how to do links but Foxsports news has an article on clubs they think will do better in 2019 than 2018 and those they think will do worse. I don't want to spoil it for you so on the journalist who wrote it i will just say "FOOL""

What the hell did I just read (the article that is) ? I'm sure someone sits at a desk and makes sh1t up to justify their job.

I haven't even thought about Pythagoras since my History of Mathematics class at university in Texas in 1970. And I'll bet he hasn't even thought about me either since then.

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What the hell did I just read (the article that is) ? I'm sure someone sits at a desk and makes sh1t up to justify their job.

I might be wrong, but I am almost certain Pythagoras never devised a formula for how many wins an AFL team deserved in the preceding season. It was the NRL that he famously did that for.

I have a theory that intelligent people make complicated ideas seem simple, and stupid people make simple ideas seem complicated. I think that writer may be the stupidest person on Earth.

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
She’s had a long career, and there are also many examples of her being a gracious loser, winner, etc.

Again it’s the nature of tennis for things like this to come up. They have for all the top players except Joker really (plenty of examples of Fed and Nadal spitting the dummy)

Look at our two dickhead national products. Would they be as bad in another sport?

See how much worse Mundine became when he went to boxing.

Tennis brings all this out. Doesn’t make Serena less of a champion or advocate for the sport, or not someone worthy of admiration.

Mundine was always a d!ckhead.

He couldn’t make the Australian team because he had blokes like Andrew Johns in front of him so accused the selectors of being racist.

Which was surprising seeing Arty Beetson was on that selection committee.

He was a very good league player but not the best

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree to disagree.

Federer is worthy of admiration, for example. Williams is a nasty piece of work and will get no admiration from me.

But she is a mother she keeps saying!!!!

Not sure what relevance that is and having a baby doesn’t make you automatically a good mother. Tipping Serena’s nanny has been more of a mother to her kids than Serana has.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Mundine was always a d!ckhead.

He couldn’t make the Australian team because he had blokes like Andrew Johns in front of him so accused the selectors of being racist.

Which was surprising seeing Arty Beetson was on that selection committee.

He was a very good league player but not the best

Agree that he was always a dickhead, my point is that this fact is simply more obvious in individual sports, as there is nobody protecting them from media exposure.

Imagine if Bugg was a tennis player. My god.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree that he was always a dickhead, my point is that this fact is simply more obvious in individual sports, as there is nobody protecting them from media exposure.

Imagine if Bugg was a tennis player. My god.

I guess that is true but most people that play tennis are entitled before they even start. There isn’t many “poor” people swinging rackets in junior ranks.

I guess that is true but most people that play tennis are entitled before they even start. There isn’t many “poor” people swinging rackets in junior ranks.
True, the costs of court time & coaching will mean it's not really an 'everybody' sport but that shouldn't mitigate against the entitled dickheads w seem to produce.

Pat Rafter is a mile away from the Tomics and Kyrios' of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back